Premier Lg EPL Matchday 8 - On Optus Sport

Premier League Football

Remove this Banner Ad

I just don’t understand why it’s fine for an initial yellow or if it should be red but not for a second yellow. There’s no sense at all.
I didn't think VAR could do yellow cards at all? They can only upgrade a yellow or a foul to a red. They can't turn fouls with no cards into yellow cards, just as they can't rescind yellow cards.

Will always remember Oliver giving two yellows to Martinelli in the space of 11 or 12 seconds. With an almost willingness and glee on his face in doing so. And here, doesn’t even seem remotely interested or concerned in contemplating that one.

I just don’t understand why it’s fine for an initial yellow or if it should be red but not for a second yellow. There’s no sense at all.
It's not fine for a yellow. Var can't rule on yellow cards. They can only interfere if it's straight red

I can kind of see the logic in it, you don't want VAR ruling on little shoves and mistimed tackles, games would last 130 minutes.

And really, there was no reason for Oliver to miss that second yellow (other than the fact he's a renowned bottle merchant).

Arsenal haven't really threatened us much , but we're really struggling around the ground. Not finding any space, and have no control of the match.

I think we need a change, Kovacic should be subbed at half time, I'd try and get Doku on at some stage.
Where's grealish? Would think he's perfect in a game like this to dribble the ball into your own half and keep control.

game really lacking quality. No one really looking like being able to take any control. No clue what was going through kovacic's head not much I assume. Very lucky on the straight red and the 2nd yellow could've been given for stupidity rather than contact

Where's grealish? Would think he's perfect in a game like this to dribble the ball into your own half and keep control.
Maybe, he's only just back from injury though and hasn't really found his form yet.

Maybe, he's only just back from injury though and hasn't really found his form yet.
Without the passing control of De Bruyne and Rodri surely you need a way to progress the ball. Maybe it's Doku then but this game has 0-0 save for a massive error all over it

Without the passing control of De Bruyne and Rodri surely you need a way to progress the ball. Maybe it's Doku then but this game has 0-0 save for a massive error all over it
I'd take a 0-0, but think we'll be lucky if Arsenal don't get at least one really good chance.

Kovacic won’t play much after this. Clearly isn’t right for Man City
We're a different side with Rodri in the team. Early stages Kovacic has been good this season so far. And will get plenty of game time.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I didn't think VAR could do yellow cards at all? They can only upgrade a yellow or a foul to a red. They can't turn fouls with no cards into yellow cards, just as they can't rescind yellow cards.
That’s what I meant. They can review a yellow into a red but not a second yellow. I don’t see the difference.

That’s what I meant. They can review a yellow into a red but not a second yellow. I don’t see the difference.
Because they can't award a yellow card or tell the referee too that's fairly simple. They can only say that a yellow card was much worse.

What you're saying is they should review every single challenge to decide if they award yellows.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back