EPL Matchday 8

Remove this Banner Ad

on the game itself, i thought it was the first time we didnt play into liverpool's hands. they were always going to come out swinging and stones/laporte were outstanding. after the 15 min flurry we composed ourselves and gained a foothold. same happened in the 2nd half too. bernardo was absolute class, and dinho was back to his shithousery best. few nervy moments throughout which is to be expected but i thought we shut down liverpool's front 3 very well. firmino barely had an impact and was marked out the game completely, while salah and mane rarely got in behind. sucks massively with the mahrez miss but we have been blessed in the past with mario and yaya being excellent penalty takers. kun has missed his fair share and gabby had missed his last couple too. still think david silva or fernandinho should've gone for it once the 'argument' started but oh well. will take a point and a clean sheet at anfield every day of the week.

on the game itself, i thought it was the first time we didnt play into liverpool's hands. they were always going to come out swinging and stones/laporte were outstanding. after the 15 min flurry we composed ourselves and gained a foothold. same happened in the 2nd half too. bernardo was absolute class, and dinho was back to his shithousery best. few nervy moments throughout which is to be expected but i thought we shut down liverpool's front 3 very well. firmino barely had an impact and was marked out the game completely, while salah and mane rarely got in behind. sucks massively with the mahrez miss but we have been blessed in the past with mario and yaya being excellent penalty takers. kun has missed his fair share and gabby had missed his last couple too. still think david silva or fernandinho should've gone for it once the 'argument' started but oh well. will take a point and a clean sheet at anfield every day of the week.
We started extremely well. Only looked like one winner in the first 15 minutes but once you got a foothold in the game I thought you guys were quite good without managing to create anything of real substance. Both of us have outstanding defenses and we just kind of canceled each other out.

As happy as you are with the point, we obviously would be too, particularly after the late penalty we conceded. We saw off Aguero much like your lot saw of Firmino and Sterling once again had a poor game against us. I think the crowd gets to him and he tries too much because he's so desperate to score so he can no doubt celebrate like a mad man in front of our fans haha.

We're not in great form but our first 8 games have been tough. Leicester, Spurs away, Chelsea away, City at home. I expect all of Chelsea, City and Spurs to finish top four so having played all three of our rivals, two of them away in the first 8 games has been a tough start.

To come out with an equal share of top spot, points wise. Cant complain. Particularly because we havent really been playing that well either. Hopefully we can refresh after this international break, the fixture list lightens up and we can find some form.

Lovren continuing on his Russia 2018 form. BOG for me.
Agree. Before the match today Liverpool supporters were going off on social media when Lovren was announced in the team.

His performance should have shut them up.

Agree. Before the match today Liverpool supporters were going off on social media when Lovren was announced in the team.

His performance should have shut them up.
Fans ratings of Lolvren compared to Van GOAT are at polar opposites to each other when in reality they're both somewhere in the middle...

You guys seen the ladder lately?

Back to where you belong
Arsenal have started surprisingly well, but in reality you don’t have as good a players as we do and I can’t see you finishing above us unless the manager performs miracles. We’ll also have a better stadium than you shortly. It’s all good in N17 mate

Fans ratings of Lolvren compared to Van GOAT are at polar opposites to each other when in reality they're both somewhere in the middle...
Yep and you can see it in some of the Liverpool forums going around.

Reading some of them after last nights game, some posters are harping on about how Lovren almost gave away 2 penalties without referencing the fact he had a great game with some great tackles, and VVD almost costing them the game with a very clumsy challenge.

If Lovren had done that he would have been crucified.

Fact is that ever since that Spurs game where he had a shocker, Lovren has acquitted himself quite well, especially in the latter part of the EPL season just gone and then the WC.

But fans need their whipping boy I suppose.

Yep and you can see it in some of the Liverpool forums going around.

Reading some of them after last nights game, some posters are harping on about how Lovren almost gave away 2 penalties without referencing the fact he had a great game with some great tackles, and VVD almost costing them the game with a very clumsy challenge.

If Lovren had done that he would have been crucified.

Fact is that ever since that Spurs game where he had a shocker, Lovren has acquitted himself quite well, especially in the latter part of the EPL season just gone and then the WC.
Yep agree
But fans need their whipping boy I suppose.
Lol

Funny at the moment from my teams perspective (Spurs), I don't really think we have a true whipping boy currently.

There's a number of players who are only average who are largely just depth and a number of others (largely key players) who have flaws in their game that I'm well aware of, like Lloris with his brain fades 3-4 times a year, Trippier and a lack of pace and awareness at times to track back, Vertonghen and his lack of awareness/not going hard when he needs to which has lead us to conceding goals that could've been avoided, Dier in possession of the ball when under pressure is prone to giving it away etc. Could just rattle them off one by one, but it doesn't bother me as much as it used to as they're all known commodities now.

The last player to really give me the shits regularly was Eriksen around 2016 when he had a bad patch for 2-3 months and seemed like he was just dawdling through games and being largely anonymous in terms of influence. But he then went beast mode for like 18 months after that, so he's got a lot of credits in the bank now and previously Walker to him who was putrid around 2013-15, but Poch got the best out of him eventually also.

It is a funny one though. Footy related, Hayden Crozier gave me the shits at times this year via his bad disposal via foot (was horrendous against West Coast for example that cost us multiple goals that game when West Coast were there for the taking), but his aerial work was very good and he grew into his role as the year went on. Hopefully he irons out his kicking next year.

Arsenal have started surprisingly well, but in reality you don’t have as good a players as we do and I can’t see you finishing above us unless the manager performs miracles. We’ll also have a better stadium than you shortly. It’s all good in N17 mate
Arsenal haven't played a top 6 side in the last 6 matchdays ;)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah I thought all along playing them first up would be good for Arsenal. Even in full flight they most likely lose those games anyway
The only team (prior to this season) that could go neck and neck with City was Liverpool. And we've been s**t against Liverpool for a while too.

Never thought i'd see the day where Pep throws his football philosophy out the window and comes to Anfield playing for a point. I suppose 3 consecutive losses will do that to you.

Agree, can't believe he came and clearly instructed his team to be less aggressive. City weren't bad, and had the better chances but I've never seen Pep do that over the years.

In saying that a pragmatic Pep is far more dangerous to us. Not sure if he'll do the same vs Chelsea, United etc. He put Arsenal to the sword earlier in the season. As you say the 3 losses against us no doubt played a part in his thinking to show us a little respect. Was fascinating

Agree, can't believe he came and clearly instructed his team to be less aggressive. City weren't bad, and had the better chances but I've never seen Pep do that over the years.

In saying that a pragmatic Pep is far more dangerous to us. Not sure if he'll do the same vs Chelsea, United etc. He put Arsenal to the sword earlier in the season. As you say the 3 losses against us no doubt played a part in his thinking to show us a little respect. Was fascinating
So you mean.. he played a tactical game and was the better manager on the night because they had the better chances and should have won? Wow! God forbid a manager makes a decision that makes it more likely his team will win.

So you mean.. he played a tactical game and was the better manager on the night because they had the better chances and should have won? Wow! God forbid a manager makes a decision that makes it more likely his team will win.

You need to calm the F down and not treat every post from a Liverpool supporter as an opportunity to lay the boots in. I can understand your hatred for Liverpool due to the history of our clubs but you’re posting at times is becoming a little tiresome. Read my post and that of OET and you’ll see we’re not criticising pep just amazed that he changed his tactics, something I’ve never seen him do before.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app

You need to calm the F down and not treat every post from a Liverpool supporter as an opportunity to lay the boots in. I can understand your hatred for Liverpool due to the history of our clubs but you’re posting at times is becoming a little tiresome. Read my post and that of OET and you’ll see we’re not criticising pep just amazed that he changed his tactics, something I’ve never seen him do before.

On iPhone using BigFooty.com mobile app
I didn;t even know he was a Liverpool supporter. Maybe you should stop being a dick and not assume I'm laying the boots into someone because of the club they support and more due to the absence of logic in their opinion. Also note, I'm not born in Liverpool, I just follow Everton. As such I don't have any real hatred for Liverpool because I exist outside of the Merseyside bubble.

Honestly... It's like racism but in the form of clubs. People just look at who you support and instantly dismiss whatever you say, despite me being correct yet again.

I didn;t even know he was a Liverpool supporter. Maybe you should stop being a dick and not assume I'm laying the boots into someone because of the club they support and more due to the absence of logic in their opinion. Also note, I'm not born in Liverpool, I just follow Everton. As such I don't have any real hatred for Liverpool because I exist outside of the Merseyside bubble.

Honestly... It's like racism but in the form of clubs. People just look at who you support and instantly dismiss whatever you say, despite me being correct yet again.
Hahahahahahaahahahhaahahahahahahhaahahah

You're funny bro.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back