Zidane98

Hall of Famer
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, Liverpool, Victory
League title is miles off. We have a small squad which Pep has alluded to in interviews. Would be amazing to win the PL when making a profit of 50m in the transfer market. Lets see what happens later in the season when the squad tires before counting our chickens.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Zidane98

Hall of Famer
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
How am I whinging? I’m not a fan of Liverpool football club and their supporters in general. Doesn’t mean I’m whinging
Come on mate you know you are, relations between our clubs have been pretty good of recent.

Tell you what - if we win the PL I will buy a six pack of lager for you at your local boozer. To collect it you must sing YNWA on SM's poddy though.

Zidane98

Hall of Famer
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
We won’t, but you guys could get a 2nd manager sacked. Mourinho’s final game in charge was against you guys at Anfield?
Correct. I remember the post game of that one, Mou seemed resigned to his fate. A new manager before the game could give you guys a significant boost, much in the same way Ole did when he first took the wheel.

jod23

TheBrownDog
Apr 2, 2000
Perth, Australia
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Liverpool, Chicago Bulls.
Too early for any title talk. But mentioning that we have been the only team to lead at Xmas and lose the title doesn't really mean much.

We're a different side now than those teams under Rafa and Rodgers. Yes you can say were the same team as we were last season when we lost after leading at Xmas.

But we didn't shit the bed. We would have won the league in almost any other season. City were just that good.

We are 8-0, 17 straight PL wins over last season and this and just one win off equaling the record for most wins.

We are mentality monsters now. So that whole stat of leading at Xmas for me I'm not too worried about.

Lets first get to Xmas with lead though haha... we are just 8 games into the season but it's a fantastic start!!

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Ed_Gein

You are nex !
Dec 17, 2003
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
LFC, BVB, Rangers, Valencia, Storm
God I'm absolutely loving the Man Utd meltdown at the minute. Was watching some of their fan TV vids on YouTube for hilarity reasons and to be honest I think they're over the top slagging off Rashford, Maguire etc... They are good players, that's not going to change because results aren't going their way at the minute. It's just that they have a completely inept manager that has no clue tactically, any in game management ability nor any good at getting the best out of players and they gave him too much control by the looks of it in the summer over the squad. Binning off Lukaku, Herrera, Sanchez and Fellaini without properly replacing them. The way I see it, Maguire, Basaka, James, Rashford, Pogba and de Gea can be the makings of the next decent Man Utd side they just an actual competent manager in to get the best out of them and build around them whilst binning off the rest. Don't get me wrong, long may their struggle continue, but short term they gotta get Ole out, that's a given as well as make changes at board level. Long term though, the Glazers need to sell, they had it easy when Fergie was there, but there needs to be a complete overhaul from top to bottom overall. There's a mix of Liverpool under Hodgson (shite manager) and Dalglish (weird/British transfer policy) circling them will be interesting to see where they end up in 5 years. Hopefully the Championship, personally. :cool:

Bostonian

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
This weekend's 3-0 win highlighted perfectly why the EPL is so turd.

Watched/listened to a bunch of pundits talking about the game and 98% of what they spoke about was Spurs and their players.

Shearer's praise of young Connolly's game was one of the only pieces praising one of our players while all the others said "no disrespect to Brighton" before spinning shit about Spurs constantly.

Let's not talk about how well Brighton played, let's just talk about the losing team.

SM

Bigfooty Legend
Aug 3, 2008
North Shore
AFL Club
Sydney
Other Teams
Hull City, Adelaide United, EH
This weekend's 3-0 win highlighted perfectly why the EPL is so turd.

Watched/listened to a bunch of pundits talking about the game and 98% of what they spoke about was Spurs and their players.

Shearer's praise of young Connolly's game was one of the only pieces praising one of our players while all the others said "no disrespect to Brighton" before spinning s**t about Spurs constantly.

Let's not talk about how well Brighton played, let's just talk about the losing team.
Sherwood and Owen were gushing praise on Brighton after the game.

But yes focus on the negatives after a fantastic win rather than just enjoying it.

Bostonian

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 9, 2015
AFL Club
Carlton
Sherwood and Owen were gushing praise on Brighton after the game.

But yes focus on the negatives after a fantastic win rather than just enjoying it.
I can focus on more than one thing at once.

The two things are not mutually exclusive.

Yeah?

UnitedWarrior93

Brownlow Medallist
Sep 18, 2014
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Man United, San Antonio Spurs
God, Liverpool winning the league in however long to go along with United being relegated, think I’d have to leave Earth!!! Just imagine.

Top Bottom