EPL Matchday 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Gameova_

Norm Smith Medallist
Mar 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
North Melbourne
What is it with mods here and trolling Pool fans? Ross not covering himself in glory this morning and who could forget chef's relentless trolling of old mate sacka a few years back. For shame mods.

Who can forget months back when I had a disagreement with chef and Loonerty or whatever his name is over a Liverpool and Chelsea game from six years. Just because I had a different opinion than both, they turned a blind eye to pants calling me a "dickhead" then when I called another poster a dickhead afterwards and on the same because they were being a smartass, my post gets immediately deleted by chef. I noted his hypocrisy and he said "I never saw it". Yeah sure you never saw it.

He like that other Chelsea moderator both somehow missed the post when they were posted on the page multiple times and spent their afternoon trolling me.

The moderators in here are thrash.

Aug 16, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Arsenal
Who can forget months back when I had a disagreement with chef and Loonerty or whatever his name is over a Liverpool and Chelsea game from six years. Just because I had a different opinion than both, they turned a blind eye to pants calling me a "dickhead" then when I called another poster a dickhead afterwards and on the same because they were being a smartass, my post gets immediately deleted by chef. I noted his hypocrisy and he said "I never saw it". Yeah sure you never saw it.

He like that other Chelsea moderator both somehow missed the post when they were posted on the page multiple times and spent their afternoon trolling me.

So why do you keep coming back? Glutton for punishment by the sound of it.

HawkMongrel

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 15, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
MVFC, Aston Villa
Villa's goal rightly chalked off as Barkley was blocking Leno's eyeline, and he was marginally offside. But bloody hell for them to score first minute is not good at all.

Was the right call, but so unfortunate as Leno didn’t have a hope in hell of stopping that shot anyway.

Oct 5, 2007
Yorta Yorta country
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
Other Teams
BlueCo

Um yeah mate, move on.

Sir, this is a Wendy's.

Jun 21, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Manchester United

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Sick of managers complaining about the schedule. Simple solution is to rotate your squad more rather than pushing them to play ever game. Klopp complaining about Alexander-Arnold's injury after playing him for all but 9 minutes of the PL and CL so far is just stupid

It is why you have a squad of players so you are not having to play your best 11 every game

Sick of managers complaining about the schedule. Simple solution is to rotate your squad more rather than pushing them to play ever game. Klopp complaining about Alexander-Arnold's injury after playing him for all but 9 minutes of the PL and CL so far is just stupid

It is why you have a squad of players so you are not having to play your best 11 every game
Milner probably would have played a bit at RB if we didn't have Thiago and Keita both getting COVID and then getting injured, Henderson and Ox get injured, VVD and Matip get injured forcing Fabinho to move out of midfield to CB and then he also gets injured.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Milner probably would have played a bit at RB if we didn't have Thiago and Keita both getting COVID and then getting injured, Henderson and Ox get injured, VVD and Matip get injured forcing Fabinho to move out of midfield to CB and then he also gets injured.
This season was always going to be condensed, it is not like it is a surprise to anyone. Teams should have been planning for the risk of more injuries especially off the back of the end of last season.
In Liverpool's case they went into the season with only 3 recognised CB's plus Fabinho. Very unlucky with VVD but Matip and Gomez aren't exactly players you would be expecting to get through a season without injury. I see that more an issue with squad management rather than the schedule
Also what is the point of complaining about not having 5 substitutes after a game where you only use 2?

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

This season was always going to be condensed, it is not like it is a surprise to anyone. Teams should have been planning for the risk of more injuries especially off the back of the end of last season.
In Liverpool's case they went into the season with only 3 recognised CB's plus Fabinho. Very unlucky with VVD but Matip and Gomez aren't exactly players you would be expecting to get through a season without injury. I see that more an issue with squad management rather than the schedule
Also what is the point of complaining about not having 5 substitutes after a game where you only use 2?
In this instance it's 1-1 away at City late in the game, we were just trying to grind through to get to the international break. If we were up 3-0 or something then Nat Phillips or Neco Williams probs get a game.

I kind of agree and kind of disagree.

Pep is complaining about 5 subs but often doesn't use the 3 he has.

But the schedule is a bit ridiculous, and it is impacting on the quality of the league IMO.

Last few years a couple of bad results can end your title chances, don't think it's going to be like that this year but you can see why managers are reluctant to play second string.

Championship and below play just as often as the CL/Europa teams, enter the cups earlier, and in L1 and L2 case have an additional cup.

So no, I have zero sympathy for these precious managers complaining about a congested schedule.

Championship and below play just as often as the CL/Europa teams, enter the cups earlier, and in L1 and L2 case have an additional cup.

So no, I have zero sympathy for these precious managers complaining about a congested schedule.
Championship and below clubs should be complaining as well. Bundesliga clubs for example are best prepared for the playing conditions we are in due to the pandemic with 5 subs in their games, 18 team leagues and 1 domestic cup.

Championship and below clubs should be complaining as well. Bundesliga clubs for example are best prepared for the playing conditions we are in due to the pandemic with 5 subs in their games, 18 team leagues and 1 domestic cup.

But as has been pointed out, clubs aren't even using all 3 subs in some games so complaining about not having 5 is rather redundant.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
I kind of agree and kind of disagree.

Pep is complaining about 5 subs but often doesn't use the 3 he has.

But the schedule is a bit ridiculous, and it is impacting on the quality of the league IMO.

Last few years a couple of bad results can end your title chances, don't think it's going to be like that this year but you can see why managers are reluctant to play second string.
Of course the schedule is ridiculous but that was always going to be the case this season. Teams should have been planning that.
I doubt any team is going to survive this season if they only have 15 players they feel comfortable calling on

Also maybe managers need to alter their game style if their players aren't able to get through games, maybe they are pushing them to the breaking limit

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
But as has been pointed out, clubs aren't even using all 3 subs in some games so complaining about not having 5 is rather redundant.
In the Liverpool Man City game their were only 3 subs used in total between the 2 teams and then the managers complain about not having 5

In the Liverpool Man City game their were only 3 subs used in total between the 2 teams and then the managers complain about not having 5
I already said that this is not the game where you need 5 subs. You need your best players on the pitch in these crucial and close games. The games where you need mass changes are ones where you are winning or losing comfortably, that's when you can focus more on managing players fitness levels and hook 5 players.

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
I already said that this is not the game where you need 5 subs. You need your best players on the pitch in these crucial and close games. The games where you need mass changes are ones where you are winning or losing comfortably, that's when you can focus more on managing players fitness levels and hook 5 players.
Or in those games you start some of your best players on the bench and bring them on if required. Rotate a couple per game instead of starting your best 11 and some might actually get a 60-90 minute rest instead of 20

Remove this Banner Ad

Back