EPL Matchday 8

Remove this Banner Ad

Klopp, Pep, Ole etc. are worried about the welfare of the players, I don't understand why people have an issue with them expressing their concerns. They should be allowed to give their opinions without being told to "stop moaning". They have legitimate concerns and are raising them.

Little things like five subs (which all the other leagues are doing), and not making teams play the early kick offs after being in Europe are just small things that can make a big difference. They're not moaning for the sake of moaning, they're concerned about these players being used as cattle. The amount of injuries we are seeing in the league already is a worry and it's only going to get worse.

These aren't ordinary circumstances, we're having to squeeze more games in to a shorter period and this is without a proper pre-season. All the other leagues around the world have acknowledged this except England, so I can see why they'd be frustrated.

I think it’s more difficult in a condensed season such as this with players missing with COVID as well.

The Nations League internationals need to be scrapped. Asking a lot of players and then it’s on to the Euros. Hopefully we don’t seen heap of players missing that

Klopp, Pep, Ole etc. are worried about the welfare of the players, I don't understand why people have an issue with them expressing their concerns. They should be allowed to give their opinions without being told to "stop moaning". They have legitimate concerns and are raising them.

Little things like five subs (which all the other leagues are doing), and not making teams play the early kick offs after being in Europe are just small things that can make a big difference. They're not moaning for the sake of moaning, they're concerned about these players being used as cattle. The amount of injuries we are seeing in the league already is a worry and it's only going to get worse.

These aren't ordinary circumstances, we're having to squeeze more games in to a shorter period and this is without a proper pre-season. All the other leagues around the world have acknowledged this except England, so I can see why they'd be frustrated.
If they were really worried about their players they could actually give them a complete rest by not playing them in a game
Ole made it sound like played Shaw even though they almost expected him to get injured

None of them are playing mid-week European games though.

Not quite sure the relevance of that when none of them have squads as deep or rich as those Top 6 clubs.

The point that all three of those men have in common is they managed Championship clubs where they experienced similarly tough schedules but sucked it up and got on without it rather than crying like Klopp and Pep.

Well no because if they're legitimately concerned about player welfare they would rotate them more often. There was a stat about the minutes that TAA has played this season, are you seriously telling me he was required in every single one of your CL games so far and every single one of your PL fixtures to play close to or all 90 minutes in every game? Come on mate.

It's facetious of these managers to cry about their players' welfare when they're the ones pushing them hard each and every game.

These clubs have hundreds of millions of pounds behind them. Everyone laughs at the Van Den Beek signing at United but he's a perfect example of the type of signings these clubs should have made to allow for more rotation between games. That LB you guys signed in the Summer hasn't seen a minute of action, surely Robbo could have been given a break in favour of him a few times?

I still find it rather mind blowing that lower league clubs play upwards of 60 games a season but somehow manage to cope and not moan when their players are expected to play just as many games.

Well no because if they're legitimately concerned about player welfare they would rotate them more often. There was a stat about the minutes that TAA has played this season, are you seriously telling me he was required in every single one of your CL games so far and every single one of your PL fixtures to play close to or all 90 minutes in every game? Come on mate.

It's facetious of these managers to cry about their players' welfare when they're the ones pushing them hard each and every game.

These clubs have hundreds of millions of pounds behind them. Everyone laughs at the Van Den Beek signing at United but he's a perfect example of the type of signings these clubs should have made to allow for more rotation between games. That LB you guys signed in the Summer hasn't seen a minute of action, surely Robbo could have been given a break in favour of him a few times?

I still find it rather mind blowing that lower league clubs play upwards of 60 games a season but somehow manage to cope and not moan when their players are expected to play just as many games.
Robertson has missed 24 minutes and Alexander-Arnold had missed 9 minutes before he got injured of CL or PL football so far this season.

For a team that is expecting their full backs to bomb up and down the wing all game isn't that more negligence on the Liverpool management's part than anything else

If they were really worried about their players they could actually give them a complete rest by not playing them in a game
Ole made it sound like played Shaw even though they almost expected him to get injured

Yes of course managers have to take responsibility as well, but all these guys are saying is why does England have to be different to every other league in the world? No other league makes their teams play the early kick off after a European game and every other league is allowing five subs this season due to the extenuating circumstances of a more condensed season and no proper pre-season.

Well I think that's part of the point. If the 5 subs rule was implemented here like it is everywhere else, Trent would have probably gotten a lot more rest. As I said, of course managers have to take responsibility, but I think their concerns are fair and legitimate - particularly when they look at every other league in the world doing their bit to help players.

Tsmikias has been injured all season, he only came to fitness a week or so ago. And just because lower league clubs don't complain doesn't delegitimize those that are complaining.

I just think in these exceptional circumstances more should be done to look after the players.

Ironically though they let VDB just sit on the bench. He is an excellent depth option.

Out of interest, how many early KOs have Liverpool played after European competition this season? I didn't think there were any.
They even got the got the early kick off before the start of their CL matches and the 2nd last match on the Sunday at the end of this round of matches.

They do have an early Saturday kickoff after a Wednesday CL game coming up though

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Out of interest, how many early KOs have Liverpool played after European competition this season? I didn't think there were any.

Klopp was talking about United having to play the early kickoff after playing in Turkey away on Wednesday night and how that wasn't acceptable.

Did you not watch the postgame interview? He said it was a complete shambles that they had to play the early kick off after playing away in Turkey on Wed night.

Oh I see. And how many players from Wednesday did he start against Everton?

Don't see why that matters, managers are allowed to be concerned about the welfare of players.

Well it absolutely matters when they're the ones exacerbating the problem.

TV networks don't force them to play certain players in certain games.

Is he allowed to express those concerns?
Of course he can, if he is rotating more he has more grounds for raising it as he is at least rotating rather than playing the same team every week.

He still looking after his own self interest though as it helps his team with the players they can bring off the bench to change a game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back