EPL Matchday 9 - On Optus Sport

Remove this Banner Ad

Is it too premature to say at that even at this relatively early stage of the season Norwich are going down?

It could have been actually a 10 goal loss if Chelsea had their kicking boots on and a couple of their strikers playing.

Very impressive and ruthless performance by Roman's Boys.

Selfless from RLC, the goal would have been massive for him, but giving Mount a hattrick is even better. Brilliant stuff! RLC redemption arc well and truly in progress
Haha to be fair, he had no intention of passing that until he took a really poor touch that got away from him so had to scramble it sideways to Mount.

View attachment 1266597

Was barely off the line. As said, sh*t rule brought in for no apparent reason, and yet stutter run ups where players basically stop are still allowed.
Im with you on this. Players can seemingly do anything in their run up yet keepers have to be rooted to the line giving them basically no chance to save penalties. I mean I guess pens are supposed to be heavily weighted in the attackers camp right? I guess...

Is it too premature to say at that even at this relatively early stage of the season Norwich are going down?

It could have been actually a 10 goal loss if Chelsea had their kicking boots on and a couple of their strikers playing.

They were going down after matchday 1

Absolutely not. They are cooked and the teams they keep company with at the moment are trash however Newcastle is getting a good manager at some point soon and they will invest heavily in January because the Saudis aren't buying Newcastle only to see them go down.
Newcastle have 3 points, but January they will buy their way out of trouble.

Burnley are probably likely to go down with Norwich, and I think the last spot is going to either Leeds or Southampton.

Absolutely not. They are cooked and the teams they keep company with at the moment are trash however Newcastle is getting a good manager at some point soon and they will invest heavily in January because the Saudis aren't buying Newcastle only to see them go down.

Burnley are probably likely to go down with Norwich, and I think the last spot is going to either Leeds or Southampton.

Watford..?

Watford far more likely than Southampton.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Just swap them and West Brom, would anyone notice? Have they ever been in the EPL at the same time...
15/16. Norwich finished 19th, WBA finished 14th.

In 13/14 Norwich finished 18th, 3 points behind WBA in 17th.

And their best combined was 12/13 where WBA finished 8th, and Norwich 11th. They would dream of finishing that high up the table.

15/16. Norwich finished 19th, WBA finished 14th.

In 13/14 Norwich finished 18th, 3 points behind WBA in 17th.

And their best combined was 12/13 where WBA finished 8th, and Norwich 11th. They would dream of finishing that high up the table.

WBA were in the EPL for 8 seasons straight apparently, surprised me.

Norwich have the best of both worlds. They get obscene money just for being in the Premier League every couple of years and their supporters get to see them win a trophy every other season as well.

Norwich have the best of both worlds. They get obscene money just for being in the Premier League every couple of years and their supporters get to see them win a trophy every other season as well.

I'd almost rather be a Norwich supporter than a Burnley supporter.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back