EPL Matchday 9

Banana skin avoided. Nice to grind out a win while not playing well against a sitting back and well organised team. Clean sheet too which has been a rarity this season.

CHO with another assist. Looking more dangerous with every game back.
Unreal that he's this good just 6 months after an achilles rupture.

Someone on reddit said that last night's game was basically the quintessential Marcos Alonso performance.

Booed by opposition fans every time he has the ball
Shaky defending
Cynical foul resulting in a yellow
Scores the winner, which itself was a pretty vintage Alonso goal

Do you get some sort of enjoyment out of these sorts of posts? Notice you do it a lot when no one is engaging in a conversation or arguing with you. Why revel in rubbing in the obvious?
95% of Jod’s post these last few months are inane nonsense.

From this crap to the bleeding obvious Liverpool posts. “Need to keep winning” “I hope ____ beats City”.

Yep we get it Jod.

Banana skin avoided. Nice to grind out a win while not playing well against a sitting back and well organised team. Clean sheet too which has been a rarity this season.

CHO with another assist. Looking more dangerous with every game back.
Not the best performance but we still managed to keep a clean sheet which has been a rarity for us this season. Plus we're sitting 4th.

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Why was it ruled out by VAR?
What is VAR watching when they’re reviewing goals and potential penalties?
Wtf was VAR thinking when they refused to give City a penalty against Crystal Palace?
Interference with the GK about 10 seconds before the actual goal. Was just Wesley contesting for a header and Ryan messing things up a little bit. Wesley did make a little bit of incidental contact with Ryan but it was minor. They are given as free kicks sometimes but to overrule the referee and decide that was a ‘clear and obvious error’ was ridiculous. And is not how they have been using var all season.

Sep 11, 2003
Slovenia
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Liverpool
Why was it ruled out by VAR?
What is VAR watching when they’re reviewing goals and potential penalties?
Wtf was VAR thinking when they refused to give City a penalty against Crystal Palace?

And var does seem to have an issue with city - the tottenham handball (others have been missed), silva getting his leg kicked off (no penalty) and whatever happened last night.

Oct 5, 2009
Adelaide
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide Bloods, Man City.

About 1.10 in

that and the watford non pen are just awful. ryan doesnt go to ground, and there is ample time for him to re-position his defence and himself. its just a good run and finish.

Mike Riley didn't want pitchside monitors in the first place.

He got told by FIFA (I think) that he had to have them so they changed the policy. But Riley is going to make sure they're not used.

It really is a disgrace, and Riley should lose his job based on how VAR has been introduced.

Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
The Chris Wood/Jonny Evans one was strange as well. They have this ridiculously high bar that something has to be "clear and obvious" for them to overturn a decision, yet that one they felt was clear enough to overturn? I watched it about 10 times and still can't tell for sure if he clipped him. And even if he did I'm not sure he makes the clearance anyway.

I'm largely pro technology but it has been a complete mess since the start of the season. Disgrace is probably a fair word to use.

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
Nah, George Graham.

I still remember the furore when he left my club (Leeds) to join Spurs, very controversial at the times, Gooners were not happy at all.

He always reminded me of Keanu Reeves angry Cop Captain dad from Bill and Ted.

images

Feb 4, 2001
East Burwood
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Arsenal
I still remember the furore when he left my club (Leeds) to join Spurs, very controversial at the times, Gooners were not happy at all.

He always reminded me of Keanu Reeves angry Cop Captain dad from Bill and Ted.

images
They've tried for awhile to get us back after we stole their Captain and turned him invincible. Give Stroller the job, get adebayor in

Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
if vertonghen going in from behind and taking down deulofeu without touching the ball then fu** knows what clear and obvious actually is.
The ref was terrible the whole game by refusing to make a decision and then VAR let the referee get away.
Deulofeu was an obvious penalty
The Rose shout in the 2nd half was probably a penalty
With Alli's goal the ball hit his arm

We got extremely lucky with VAR again so we are 2-1 up with VAR this season. About the only thing we are winning

Coasters7

Norm Smith Medallist
Nov 27, 2014
AFL Club
West Coast
Other Teams
Chelsea
It's kind of weird that the anti-VAR crowd's biggest complaint about VAR in the PL is that it isn't being used enough.
I think it’s a problem in all sports. Cricket and AFL are the same. If we’re going to use video to make critical match defining calls then we need to make sure it works how it’s supposed to, just creates more problems otherwise. Either have it working flawlessly or scrap it completely and let the guys who are paid to officiate do their jobs. Would much rather a wrong call due to human error than a wrong call from something that is supposed to reduce that same human error. Video also reduces quality of the refs/umpires in general as they always have that fallback and can get a bit complacent.

Back