Jaymin

Brownlow Medallist
Nov 8, 2002
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Leeds United FC
I think today also shows how important Phillips is to our side, without him we’ll struggle to avoid the drop.
When he went down holding his knee I feared the worst for the season.

Arsenal were pretty poor. Should have won it but our finishing was average. With Everton and Chelsea next, 3 points would have been handy.

Sozabarus

Premiership Player
Jun 18, 2014
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Dominant from start to finish against the team that was top going in to the weekend.

That's the kind of performance I was expecting us to put in. Few people questioning us and our over exaggerated injury crisis, other teams getting talked up, but we showed why we're still the team to beat this season.

Zidane98

Hall of Famer
Dec 22, 2009
South End, AAMI Park
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Socceroos, LFC, MVFC, RC Strasbourg
Surely that is the closest goal line clearance we have ever had. Watching the first replay I was convinced it was over the line. I guess that is why we have the technology in place.
It's a great system, reckoned the lino would've given that if there was no goal line technology. Only 1 error has ever been made with it (Villa game late last season) and that was due to a freak occurrence.

hawkman

Brownlow Medallist
Jun 7, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Hawthorn
Other Teams
Tottenham Hotspur
Few people questioning us and our over exaggerated injury crisis, other teams getting talked up, but we showed why we're still the team to beat this season.
Most of those are the Liverpool supporters on here. It will be closer this season but Liverpool are still the team to beat.

Memphis

Premiership Player
Dec 21, 2018
Bay 314
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Manchester United, Boston Celtics
I never got the panic of the whole Liverpool crisis through injuries covid etc, when you have a great manager e.g klopp, fergie they get the best out of the players on the pitch whether they're a scrub or a star and it just goes to show.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

CP28

Debutant
Oct 23, 2008
SA
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Norwood, LFC
I never got the panic of the whole Liverpool crisis through injuries covid etc, when you have a great manager e.g klopp, fergie they get the best out of the players on the pitch whether they're a scrub or a star and it just goes to show.
Certainly understand the panic, losing both first choice CB's (one a beast, the other not) for the season, TAA, Thiago, Allison for a stint, Matip, Henderson, Salah (Keita and Shaq on the list too now) is going to make it real tough, in a side that's been questioned several times over the last 18 months about it's depth.

I still think it will catch up with us, but as I said in the LFC group at the time either we throw our skirts over our heads and give the season away or just get on with it and back our manager, kids, culture and remaining quality players to put up a fight. Good start so far, long way to go though.

RossFC

May 23, 2012
Alberton Oval
AFL Club
Port Adelaide
Other Teams
Liverpool
Dominant from start to finish against the team that was top going in to the weekend.

That's the kind of performance I was expecting us to put in. Few people questioning us and our over exaggerated injury crisis, other teams getting talked up, but we showed why we're still the team to beat this season.
Over-exaggerated or not, it's still annoying that we've got up to 11 players unavailable and every day is met with a new injury concern.

While only 2 (VVD/Gomez) are long term, and 1 is medium term (Keita), we still need Salah, Arnold, Thiago, Henderson, Ox, Shaqiri, Rhys Williams and Nat Phillips back soon to lessen the load on the guys that are fit and playing every 3 days.

00Stinger

Duel Group 1 winner
May 8, 2007
@ HOME
AFL Club
Melbourne
Other Teams
Liverpool & San Francisco 49ers
Because for the last 12-18 months the thought of losing one of Salah, Mane or Firminio sounded like a disaster as they all seemed irreplaceable

Now if one of their heads were to be turned by one of the Spanish teams Jota simply steps into that players starting role and the massive transfer fee goes back into the squad

sorted

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Oldham, West Ham, Real Betis

When I first saw the line up I thought the midfield looked a bit weak. But they were all superb. It helps when Mane drops deep to pick up the ball, and Robertson gets forward. Jota was good for Wolves but he's taken his game to another level.

Remove this Banner Ad