EPL Matchday 9

Remove this Banner Ad

Certainly understand the panic, losing both first choice CB's (one a beast, the other not) for the season, TAA, Thiago, Allison for a stint, Matip, Henderson, Salah (Keita and Shaq on the list too now) is going to make it real tough, in a side that's been questioned several times over the last 18 months about it's depth.

I still think it will catch up with us, but as I said in the LFC group at the time either we throw our skirts over our heads and give the season away or just get on with it and back our manager, kids, culture and remaining quality players to put up a fight. Good start so far, long way to go though.
Liverpool is 2nd on the ladder with all that is going on and with imo the best manager in the world rn, You should not be worried about depth in the slightest.

Also thought Ogbonna was immense, probably one of the more unappreciated CB's going around, but for the last 18 months or so, him and Rice would have been our best 2 players. His reading of the play and physicality against strong strikers are a real strength of his.

I would add Antonio to those two. The bloke works his bollocks off every week, gets fouled all the time and never complains. His skills are probably underrated too.

Another masterclass by captain Declan. I like him when he gets forward. Hard to believe he's only 21.

I've been pretty critical of Pepe in his time in the PL but played probably his best game for Arsenal this morning.
Because Arsenal spent the last 35 minutes 10v11 instead of the usual 10v12 when he plays?

I would add Antonio to those two. The bloke works his bollocks off every week, gets fouled all the time and never complains. His skills are probably underrated too.

Another masterclass by captain Declan. I like him when he gets forward. Hard to believe he's only 21.
Agreed, his ability to runs the channels is fantastic, that said, the one thing Moyes has emphasized with him is to stay central so he can actually finish things off etc.

Think Rice and Hojberg have the most interceptions out of anyone for the last season and a half IIRC. Declan's turning more and more into a box to box midfielder now I'd say, although he has to pick his moments when to go forward.

70 million for Pepe has to sting.

£72m actually....

874239.gif

Dominant from start to finish against the team that was top going in to the weekend.

That's the kind of performance I was expecting us to put in. Few people questioning us and our over exaggerated injury crisis, other teams getting talked up, but we showed why we're still the team to beat this season.
You are our Black Knight.

Think Ozil takes the points here. Maybe the issue is Emery/Arteta. Currently on a 7.5 hour long goal from open play drought. Pretty awful situation that someone of his talent is paid to do nothing.

Think Ozil takes the points here. Maybe the issue is Emery/Arteta. Currently on a 7.5 hour long goal from open play drought. Pretty awful situation that someone of his talent is paid to do nothing.

I like how Piers puts OUR money in capitals like he's paying Ozil himself. Also he sits up on his high horse talking about money when he's pretty minted himself. * off Piers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

unlike piers who works hard for his money

Thought Saka was good for Arsenal when he came on and nearly scored the winner. Disappointing Leeds didn’t get the win but played well. The new guys looking good. Rodrigo is improving every game and should have come on earlier. Raphinha despite some errant passes first half could be quite exciting. Reckon Llorente will be good and an able back up to Phillips, was impressive for Spain against Portugal a few weeks ago just before he got injured.

When I first saw the line up I thought the midfield looked a bit weak. But they were all superb. It helps when Mane drops deep to pick up the ball, and Robertson gets forward. Jota was good for Wolves but he's taken his game to another level.

Curtis Jones was excellent. 19 years old and hasn’t put a foot wrong. Really surprised how quickly he’s progressing.

Liverpool is 2nd on the ladder with all that is going on and with imo the best manager in the world rn, You should not be worried about depth in the slightest.

Any side with their first choice cb both out with season ending injuries would be worried about depth for sure. Can absorb one out for the season, cant think of too many examples where a club has copped 2 season ending injuries to their starting cb pairing. Weve done ok so far but it isnt sustainable.

Title is 100% out of the question if a new quality CB isnt purchased pretty much the second the Jan window opens for me.

Any side with their first choice cb both out with season ending injuries would be worried about depth for sure. Can absorb one out for the season, cant think of too many examples where a club has copped 2 season ending injuries to their starting cb pairing. Weve done ok so far but it isnt sustainable.

Title is 100% out of the question if a new quality CB isnt purchased pretty much the second the Jan window opens for me.
Out of the question? Do you want to swap teams?.

FYI Liverpool's last 4 games they have only conceded 3 goals.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back