Portfolio EPL to AFL

Remove this Banner Ad

muggsy26

Senior List
Jan 14, 2013
AFL Club
West Coast
Hi Guys, been working on this portfolio for the last month and I have just finished it all up. I have designed EPL teams as if they were AFL clubs. Screen Shot 2019-04-05 at 3.03.00 pm.png

Here are the first 4 teams.
Arsenal: For the Gunners I have tried to keep a very traditional look for the club. I found it difficult to incorporate a red design with enough white to compensate for their traditional white sleeves, so I went for Ajax inspired design with a watermark pattern.
Arsenal EPL Portfolio.png

AFC Bournemouth: For Bournemouth I kept the traditional Red and Black stripes. I have thinned them right down to have 9 black stripes on a red body. Bournemouth EPL Portfolio.png

Brighton: For Brighton I went for a traditional White and Blue stripes, with blue shorts. The diamonds that feature in the stripes are a nod to their late 1990's kits
. Brighton EPL Portfolio.png

Burnley: Probably my least favourite design within the portfolio. I found it difficult to come up with a unique design for Burnley. I ended up with the classic Claret and Blue forming a side panel and shoulder panels of the uniform and A watermark to finish of the design. Burnley EPL Portfolio.png

Next Up
Cardiff: For Cardiff I have gone for a two toned blue design with red highlights. I think Cardiff need to look at Red, considering that they switched to a red kit full time only a few years ago.
Cardiff City EPL Portfolio.png

Chelsea: For Chelsea I went for a traditional hoops design with white and red in the middle. The hoops theme continues as a watermark from top to bottom. Chelsea EPL Portfolio.png

Crystal Palace: Red body with two thick blue stripes, which was similar to waht they wore in the 1990s. Coupled with blue shorts and blue socks, to maintain a predominately blue look
. Crystal Palace EPL Portfolio.png

Everton: For Everton I felt like a white yoke on a blue body really suited them, which took inspiration from the 2009-10 kits that they wore. The cuffs include the classic umbro look and the kit is completed with white shorts and socks. Everton EPL Portfolio.png

Thanks for the feedback. Next up Fulham:
For Fulham I went for a Black and White design inspired by their current kits. I also think the thick, collar design suits them and was what they wore when I started following the EPL in the 2013-14 season. Fulham EPL Portfolio.png

Huddersfield Town: Huddersfield were quite difficult to design for, as they have kept a similar design for their most of their history. I went with a stripes design, but added a gradient effect as a point of difference from Brighton. I also kept the blue shoulder panels from their current kits. Huddersfield EPL Portfolio.png

Leicester: For Leicester I focused on keeping a predominately blue kit, with white and yellow accents. I have gone away from the gold that they have used in their last few seasons and used the colour of the fox from their logo. Leicester EPL Portfolio.png

Liverpool: For Liverpool I tried to keep a very traditional design. Liverpool wore pinstripes in the 1980s, as well as having watermarked stripes throughout their recent history, so I thought it was a fitting design. Liverpool EPL Portfolio.png

Last edited:
Next Up, Manchester City: For City I've gone for an all blue look. I feel like they can really get away with any design, with their colourbeing so unique and iconic within this league.
Man City EPL Portfolio.png

Man Utd: I went for a traditional look for United. The half-half two toned red from their 2016-17 kits. I have made the red devil a prominent design on the front and included some side panels.
Man Utd EPL Portfolio.png

Newcastle: I went for a bit of an out there Newcastle design. I thought it was important to keep it black and white, however I changed up their striping pattern to add some sort of flare. I'm still not sure whether a number panel would work better. Newcastle EPL Portfolio.png

Southampton: Design is inspired by their late 1970s kits. The rest of the kit is completed with Black shorts and Red and White hooped socks
Southampton EPL Portfolio.png

Tottenham: For the Spurs I went for a traditional white jumper with blue shorts and blue accents. Tottenham EPL Portfolio.png

Watford: Tried to mix up their stripes design from this season, which I think is a good look for them. Red collar, cuffs and numbers. Watford EPL Portfolio.png

West Ham: For the Hammers I went for a traditional hoop design, inspiration from their early 1980s kits.
West Ham EPL Portfolio.png

Wolverhampton: Pin stripe design with the wolf a prominent design in the centre of their Jumper. Wolverhampton EPL Portfolio.png

Remove this Banner Ad

Back