Recommitted Eric Mackenzie

Remove this Banner Ad

To be fair he wasnt the only player to turn into s**t in that last quarter.

Jack redden, ryan bastinac and sharrod wellingham were all first rounders that i can think off. These guys are by no means stars of the game. Mature kpds are in high demand. Schofields probably a b grade kpd but could net us a mid to late first rounder. He offers run and can play on all sizes. I dont see us trading emac unless its in a deal to get a coniglio (zero chance of that happening) but at the moment can see emac being a pick 15-25. His value could go up if returns and plays solid footy. Thing with acl injuries is that it takes 2 years to reach your best and most clibs would be aware of it with mackenzie.

Yep. So you say mid to late first rounder. I say late at the best. Not much difference only you're pulling your own leg if you think someone would offer say pick 10 for Schofield? Who you yourself have said is B grade.

Those guys you mentioned are much younger then Schofield. I think you paid overs for Redden, but he was a late first rounder. Wellingham at the time was probably worth a first BUT he turned into a spud (unless its contract renewal time) and I don't follow Bastinac but he's 25 and was a regular for North.

Lastly, Schofield re-signed in March of this year. So the whole conversation about his worth is really pointless.

But you are discussing the worth of Mackenzie and were happy to call the worth of Schofield pointless.

It's a thread about EMac. Someone else brought up Schofield, so I checked to see when he was signed up until. The fact he re-signed in March this year means he isn't going anywhere. So yes that discussion was pointless.

I'd argue EMac discussions are also pointless, but as I said I didn't begin the thread.

I still gave my opinion and like 98% of BF threads, this is just discussion that won't lead to anything.

Thanks for your input anyway.

Yep. So you say mid to late first rounder. I say late at the best. Not much difference only you're pulling your own leg if you think someone would offer say pick 10 for Schofield? Who you yourself have said is B grade.

Those guys you mentioned are much younger then Schofield. I think you paid overs for Redden, but he was a late first rounder. Wellingham at the time was probably worth a first BUT he turned into a spud (unless its contract renewal time) and I don't follow Bastinac but he's 25 and was a regular for North.

Lastly, Schofield re-signed in March of this year. So the whole conversation about his worth is really pointless.
Nah schofield worth a late first rounder.

A team in need of an established key defender more than likely already has someone like Will Schofield playing a key defensive role.

I like Schofield, but the value of our defenders at the trade table would be 1 McGovern, 2 Mackenzie then Brown and Schofield battling it out for 3 and 4.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Schofield isn't a key defender.

Brisbane are light on for talls and if given the choice between Schofield and pick 17 or whatever we ended up giving them after the bastardisation of the draft order they'd take the pick every day of the week.

Huh? Brisbane currently hold pick 2 and then 2nd round which would be 20.

Whatevs anyway. Yes they'd keep their pick. Probably all teams would.

What any player is worth depends on who wants them. To a mid range team with pick 9 or 10 he's probably not going to make that big a difference.

Mackenzie is a perfect fit for contending side that is short on key defenders.

Hawthorn with Gibson 32 could potentially use Frawley in a more attacking CHB role and Mackenzie as FB.
Sydney have Grundy 30 and Richards 33 would be interested.
GWS have Patfull 32 plus Davis who is injury prone. They'd be interested.
Adelaide are sorted. Would be a waste of a trade and cap space given what they have in 20-25 year old talls.
Western Bulldogs he'd be a great replacement for Morris and would allow Roughead to play in the ruck full time.
North aren't contending and he's not old enough anyway. Tarrant is 25 and Thompson 30 so they're OK there for now.

I'd be shocked if any of these teams (Adel/North excl.) with a 14-18 pick weren't at least sniffing around Mackenzie, especially considering that these picks are going to be shunted 3-4 spots down the draft order anyway.

Prestia? O'Meara? Coniglio? Not sure if he's available but he is from WA
Coniglio signed a new deal last year, didn't he?

As for Prestia and O'Meara, wouldn't persuading them to join WC be the issue, rather than getting a deal done?

Again, I don't know if trading out those players you mentioned would move the needle very far.

I'd be shocked if the Eagles let him go. He'd be great in tandem with Frawley at Hawthorn.

Jack redden, ryan bastinac and sharrod wellingham were all first rounders that i can think off. These guys are by no means stars of the game.

Jack Redden was originally drafted by Brisbane with Pick #25 in the 2008 National Draft, and was then traded to West Coast for Pick #17 in the 2015 National Draft.

Ryan Bastinac was originally drafted by North Melbourne with Pick #21 in the 2009 National Draft, and was then traded to Brisbane (along with Picks #38 and #40) for Pick #17 (that the Lions had received from West Coast) in the 2015 National Draft.

Sharrod Wellingham was originally drafted by Collingwood with Pick #10 in the 2006 Rookie Draft, and was then traded to West Coast for Pick #17 in the 2012 National Draft.

That magical Pick #17...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back