Recommitted Eric Mackenzie

Remove this Banner Ad

i think we'll keep mackenzie, unless he's part of a bigger trade for a key midfielder.

his best is AA quality and the first year after an ACL is always rough for big guys... i'd rather we back him in to come good next year than sell his stocks cheap.
The defensive system change, the demand for key defenders to do more with the ball and the rise of McGovern at CHB worry me as much as the injury for Eric.

If McGovern plays as a zoning kick down the line CHB then I think the other two talls need to have speed and skill to cover over the back which obviously ins't Mackenzie's strong suit.

Maybe our second rounder?

Sent from my E6653 using Tapatalk
No way. McKenzie and your first for lobb and Gws second rounder might get it done.

I don't think GWS would want mckenzie anyway. Teams that have more of a need for mckenzie; port, saints, dogs possibly the hawks and maybe Sydney

Farrrrrrrrkk are you blokes taking the piss? Emac has basically no value nowadays.
I think you would be surprised he is coming back from a knee recon.teams are going to pay the world for O'Meara aren't they and his injuries are worse

Last edited:
I think you would be surprised he is coming back from a knee recon.teams are going to pay the world for O'Meara aren't they and his injuries are worse

O'meara isn't a 29 year old has been. I thought our supporters overrated our players but I'm actually amazed at how overrated Mckenzie is by most West Coast fans. Talks of him and a 2nd for a contracted Lobb is just ridiculous.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The defensive system change, the demand for key defenders to do more with the ball and the rise of McGovern at CHB worry me as much as the injury for Eric.

If McGovern plays as a zoning kick down the line CHB then I think the other two talls need to have speed and skill to cover over the back which obviously ins't Mackenzie's strong suit.

Mckenzie speed is not a problem at all, what he has lost is his power strength.
Has dropped a lot of kg's and lost core strength and his balance hasn't been great.
This is all stuff he can fix over the preseason though.

Mckenzie speed is not a problem at all, what he has lost is his power strength.
Has dropped a lot of kg's and lost core strength and his balance hasn't been great.
This is all stuff he can fix over the preseason though.
I still think gws will have a good look at him this off season,essendon too

Pretty clear Barras and Gov are ahead of him, I'd love him at the dogs.

How's he looked in the twos?

I'd take him for a late second rounder. We've got pick 28 as it stands at the moment although who knows what we'll have in trade week. I don't think he's quite worth 28 as it stands given his age and the questions over whether he can get back to some better form. Still players tend to be much better their second year back from ACL's. Perhaps 28 for Mackenzie and 49? so you upgrade your third rounder to the saints second? Maybe a bit of wiggle there.

As for why would brisbane be interested, we've seen our 22/23 year old KPD and our 31 year old KPD leave our side this year and without anyone coming in we'll be playing a defense of Harris Andrews (20), Darcy Gardiner (21), Matthew Hammelmann (20), Dan McStay (21) as our tall options. Anyone looking at that can't really argue that some experience down back is desperately needed. All ages are as round 1 next year.

i am starting to lean more towards Nathan Brown from the pies, same age as McKenzie, i had a good look at him last weekend and he was very good against Lynch and Wright from the suns and as a bonus he is a FA.

I'd take him for a late second rounder. We've got pick 28 as it stands at the moment although who knows what we'll have in trade week. I don't think he's quite worth 28 as it stands given his age and the questions over whether he can get back to some better form. Still players tend to be much better their second year back from ACL's. Perhaps 28 for Mackenzie and 49? so you upgrade your third rounder to the saints second? Maybe a bit of wiggle there.

As for why would brisbane be interested, we've seen our 22/23 year old KPD and our 31 year old KPD leave our side this year and without anyone coming in we'll be playing a defense of Harris Andrews (20), Darcy Gardiner (21), Matthew Hammelmann (20), Dan McStay (21) as our tall options. Anyone looking at that can't really argue that some experience down back is desperately needed. All ages are as round 1 next year.
Brisbane would make a lot of sense. He has to want to go of course. Mitch Brown another option from WC

Brisbane would make a lot of sense. He has to want to go of course. Mitch Brown another option from WC

yeah wanting to come to brisbane continues to be the constant hurdle. We've got a fair bit of cap space still next season so i guess there's money which if you look at the amount of ball coming into our back 50 would be one of the very few reasons you'd agree to come here.

I think we definitely need two KPD's so a FA like either of the Brown brothers would make sense. Don't think we'll trade for 2 if we can avoid it given the still pressing need for high level talent on our list as well.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back