Universal Love Erin Phillips Appreciation Thread

Remove this Banner Ad

You're kidding right ??

You'd be the only person who I've seen think that. If we'd had said, she's off to join Port Adelaide, we'd have copped far more flack.

Well played to our social media team

Disagree. Let's just leave it at that. I'm certainly not the only one who saw it that way.

Sure, I get it and all. Thanks for your contribution, you're a great and will forever be one of my faves.
But...
How good is winning flags. Why not stay another year, keep the team together and try and win a fourth? Create your own legacy and add more achievements to your name instead of partly living in your fathers legacy. Or go out completely on top.
I am a father. If my daughter said to me that they wanted to leave the best team in the league to follow in my footsteps I would say "Screw that. Keep winning and create your own legacy regardless of my achievements".

But whatever, maybe I'm too one eyed and I'm writing off Port too soon.

I thought that was a bit petty and diminished her contribution to the club. It was obvious she would go to Port - there was no need for AFC to tweet something that salty. By all means have a sly dig another time - but yesterday wasn't the time. Contrast it with all the feel good stories in the media and it just makes our club look small.

Our social media team needs some schooling.
I didn’t see anything salty about , I don’t understand why anyone read anything into it. It was a standard line.

I love the fact we would not acknowledge port by name so subtle that dig another expansion club
How else could the club announce it?

Ignore it, let Port announce it first. Media say we salty and being reactive.

Announce she is going to Port Adelaide, breaking the news officially. Be accused of stealing the limelight from them.

Thank her for her time with us and not name Port in announcing why she is leaving. Port are an expansion club in the AFLW.

It was the most profesional announcement we could make.

On SM-A325F using BigFooty.com mobile app

Remove this Banner Ad

Back