Universal Love Erin Phillips Appreciation Thread

Jun 23, 2016
AFL Club
Adelaide
Any Crows fans begrudging Erin/Port, or Port fans bemoaning the Crows, listen to the 5AA interview from this afternoon with Erin and Greg. An absolute legend, humble and proud. A pillar of AFLW forever.

I don't know why anyone would, we clearly got the best of her footy and no offense to her but she isn't returning to prior form. She gets to finish her career with expansion club Port, but she will always be a 3xCrows premiership player.

Jun 7, 2011
Mount Gambier
AFL Club
Adelaide
We should be forever grateful that Kochies ego had them prioritising Chynas 1% of 1% rather then putting in for an AFLW team.

Fagan did very well pairing us with the NT to get us over the line.

Imagine if Port pulled off that manoeuvre after "signing" Erin in 2015 they would've had the 3 AFLW flags with Erin leading them.

Sliding doors and all that.

Edit: Kockie has also given us 10 years of Kenny, he's like the Cash Cow that just keeps paying out.

They were keen, which was why they signed her in the first place. But neither club was getting a side until we paired with the indigenous rich NT. If we'd paired with Tassie, it'd had gone nowhere quickly. Port just moved on knowing that any further time spent on getting a first generation side was a total and utter waste of time. Whether they moved on to the right side hussle is up for discussion, but we've got no right to have a crack at them over it. Given how much we would have blown on e-sports and baseball.

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Had a hunch early on during the year this would be her last with us. Had exactly the same vibe as Betts wanting to return back to his original club.

Just so grateful for Erin to join us for the 6 years, while still in her footy prime. Her influence isn’t just with the skills she’s displayed on the footy, but her mentoring of the other girls to be better, more skilled players. The club has definitely evolved and improved greatly as a whole, and no doubt a huge contributing factor being Erin’s leadership and inspiration.

CrowBloke

Solum stulti se excusant!
May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
Had exactly the same vibe as Betts wanting to return back to his original club.
Wasn't Eddie told that he'd no longer be pretty much guaranteed a spot in the Senior side?

My impression at the time was that he would have stayed, but the Crows have got their one-year-contract thing for players over 30 and Carlton offered him 2 years, yeah?

John Who

Norm Smith Medallist
Apr 16, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Wasn't Eddie told that he'd no longer be pretty much guaranteed a spot in the Senior side?

My impression at the time was that he would have stayed, but the Crows have got their one-year-contract thing for players over 30 and Carlton offered him 2 years, yeah?
Yes, but the vibe (to me) was that eventually Erin would end up with Port. With her body slowing down somewhat, the return to Port was more likely by next year or it may never happen.

CrowBloke

May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
Yes, but the vibe (to me) was that eventually Erin would end up with Port. With her body slowing down somewhat, the return to Port was more likely by next year or it may never happen.
I get it.

It's ... the vibe.
the-castle-the-vibe.gif

CrowBloke

May 14, 2017
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
West Adelaide
Also the fact she didn’t extend a contract with us during the season. The more it was left till after the GF, the more probable it was that she’d leave (and likely for Port).
Maaaate, I was agreeing with you about Phillips. I was talking about Eddie.

Sep 8, 2008
Pacific Northwest
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, Seattle Seahawks
I love the fact we would not acknowledge port by name so subtle that dig another expansion club

I thought that was a bit petty and diminished her contribution to the club. It was obvious she would go to Port - there was no need for AFC to tweet something that salty. By all means have a sly dig another time - but yesterday wasn't the time. Contrast it with all the feel good stories in the media and it just makes our club look small.

Our social media team needs some schooling.

hey shorty

Cancelled
30k Posts 10k Posts TheBrownDog
Jun 15, 2005
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
AUFC, Everton, Sturt
I thought that was a bit petty and diminished her contribution to the club. It was obvious she would go to Port - there was no need for AFC to tweet something that salty. By all means have a sly dig another time - but yesterday wasn't the time. Contrast it with all the feel good stories in the media and it just makes our club look small.

Our social media team needs some schooling.
You're kidding right ??

You'd be the only person who I've seen think that. If we'd had said, she's off to join Port Adelaide, we'd have copped far more flack.

Well played to our social media team

Back