Recommitted Esava Ratugolea [OOC 2023] - Ended up staying at Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Poor from Geelong to hold him when they likely won’t play the guy. 33 was more than reasonable.

We didnt really want 33 we wanted futures.

That said i would have taken 33 as when hes ooc next year we might get like pick 80.
But we have no backup kpds so i can see why we held him.

So will Geelong now be offering Esava a contract in line with what Port are offering? Or are they not even going to pretend to not be stifling the career of a player they claim to 'love' for the sake of their VFL team.

This is pretty normal..club x doesnt trade backup tall y unless they can bring in backup tall z..see melb and weideman-schache. It happens all the time

Keen to see how he fares as a backman. Arguably a position available for him for a while with Henry injured. If he's good enough to take it.
In any case, proving to be wise business to not let him leave.

Keen to see how he fares as a backman. Arguably a position available for him for a while with Henry injured. If he's good enough to take it.
In any case, proving to be wise business to not let him leave.
Hes good depth for this sort of scenario but I think hes more there for if SDK broke down, we went without Henry for 8 games last year and just made do with SDK,Kolo,Stewart and Zuthrie plus one of the Rucks floating behind the footy, if he doesnt start well I dont think hell hang around in the ones for long.

Word from the bleachers...
If he plays he will stay.
Loves Scott.
Loves the Boys.
Most importantly loves the club.
Best of luck BigFella!!!

Poor from Geelong to hold him when they likely won’t play the guy. 33 was more than reasonable.

Dog act from Geelong to be honest. 24 year old who you don't plan to make best 22 asks for a trade, a more than reasonable pick offered in return, and they knock it back? After all the gifts they've gotten this period? Player welfare obviously isn't top of the list at Geelong.
Plays round 1 and gets votes from both coaches. 6 in total.

Looks like a smart decision to keep him. Probably gets McKay on Thursday.

Geez we're bloody lucky to have kept him after all that.

Not necessarily the cleanest going around, but has definitely shown something as a "see ball, stop ball" type KPD.

Will be interesting trying to manage all of him and SDK and Henry in the same side, though.

It will be interesting to see if can continue his current trajectory. The club will definitely have an offer in front of him already given his promising year so far and our lack of KPDs. Probably a one year deal that will take him to free agency.. and after that, who knows.

Poor mans Oscar McDonald.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back