Recommitted Esava Ratugolea [OOC 2023] - Ended up staying at Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

We’ve kept 33 but that might be overs.

We might throw you back 58 (unless its going to pies in the henry trade) as we wont use it anyway but we would want 33 or a future 2nd (which you cant trade) to trade him while contracted.

It would be, not sure what we can flick you back to even it out other than a 3rd though.

Might make the Ollie henry trade a 3 way somehow?

I would say its a 33 way trade with collingwood ie we dont trade sav until pies have confirmed they will deal for henry.
If we are trading 25 and 33 i dare say we might want 41 or 50 back via collingwood or a future 3rd or something like that.

25 and 33 to Collingwood, Henry to Geelong, 41 and Esava to Port is probably about right IMO. If anything Collingwood are copping the worst of that, but that's what happens when out of contract players ask for trades.

I would say its a 33 way trade with collingwood ie we dont trade sav until pies have confirmed they will deal for henry.
If we are trading 25 and 33 i dare say we might want 41 or 50 back via collingwood or a future 3rd or something like that.
Happy to just give up Sav and 25 and get Henry tbh. Who cares about the details?

25 and 33 to Collingwood, Henry to Geelong, 41 and Esava to Port is probably about right IMO. If anything Collingwood are copping the worst of that, but that's what happens when out of contract players ask for trades.
I'll let you tell collingwood fans. The relationship with us has soured a bit.

Tell them you'll throw in a prison bars jumper signed by Ollie Henry too though just to confuse them

Youre not getting esava for a 7 pick downgrade that wont happen (i dont think collingwood would like it either)
It might be more along the lines of 41 or 50 go from pies back to us and 58 goes from us to you or collingwood something like that.

Happy to just give up Sav and 25 and get Henry tbh. Who cares about the details?

25 and 33 for henry is overs for me if nothings coming back but we will see.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Think top teams owe it to their players who aren't in the 22 to look for options. Particularly if on the list for a few years atleast.

Regardless of his trade value, do hope we pick him up. No AFL player should be forced to sit in the 2s if he believes he's capable of a regular game.

Not to mention, Geelong will get a bit of a bump in his value given they won the flag.

Crossing fingers 33 is good enough. Though I'm OK with using Hayes to maybe up the pick a tad potentially. Given he's in a similar situation.

Think top teams owe it to their players who aren't in the 22 to look for options. Particularly if on the list for a few years atleast.

Regardless of his trade value, do hope we pick him up. No AFL player should be forced to sit in the 2s if he believes he's capable of a regular game.

Not to mention, Geelong will get a bit of a bump in his value given they won the flag.

Crossing fingers 33 is good enough. Though I'm OK with using Hayes to maybe up the pick a tad potentially. Given he's in a similar situation.
33 will be plenty. Genuinely hope he makes a go of it for you.

I would look at an option of having him take centre bounce rucks then slipping back to play one on one defence to free up Aliir as the spare interceptor. Then Hayes or Finlayson can ruck around the ground.

I think he'll need a few games in the role before he can shine in it.

You'll also need your running wings and half backs to give him some pretty close support for disposal options because he won't be able to make low % kicks. It's a limitation I think you can work with.

Poor from Geelong to hold him when they likely won’t play the guy. 33 was more than reasonable.
Can understand why Geelong held him, but gonna be fun for him running around in VFL, without an ongoing contract beyond 23 ,whilst picking up a lot less money then what he was offered. Mackie the new Dodoro apparently.

Dog act from Geelong to be honest. 24 year old who you don't plan to make best 22 asks for a trade, a more than reasonable pick offered in return, and they knock it back? After all the gifts they've gotten this period? Player welfare obviously isn't top of the list at Geelong.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back