Recommitted Esava Ratugolea [OOC 2023] - Ended up staying at Geelong

Remove this Banner Ad

Seems like the type of trade where both clubs will want to make it painless for the player.

Doubt Geelong will ask for much and no doubt Port will find a way to offer a pick Geelong will actually use.

Honestly, no idea if this will work out but we desperately need a big key defender so Ratugolea will get every chance.
I think he'll be serviceable for you as a 1-1 defender but you'll just be running players to get back and help him with generating rebound

Yeah agree with that. I think though Sav as steak knives with 38 for a f2nd might be getting closer.

On his own though it'll be a token pick
We can't trade our future second whether we wanted to or not. Future first will go as part of the JHF deal, and AFL rules say you can't trade both.

Either Geelong will agree to take a late pick for him or it won't get done, Port just have too many other higher priorities to have much left to give for Esava. But to be frank, given the absolute gifts that will be going to Geelong from elsewhere this trade period, helping a fringe player get to his club of choice on the cheap feels like the least they could do. Hell, you could give us Ratugolea for free and throw in pick 7 on top and you'd still be coming out of this trade period with a net win.

We can't trade our future second whether we wanted to or not. Future first will go as part of the JHF deal, and AFL rules say you can't trade both.

Either Geelong will agree to take a late pick for him or it won't get done, Port just have too many other higher priorities to have much left to give for Esava. But to be frank, given the absolute gifts that will be going to Geelong from elsewhere this trade period, helping a fringe player get to his club of choice on the cheap feels like the least they could do. Hell, you could give us Ratugolea for free and throw in pick 7 on top and you'd still be coming out of this trade period with a net win.
Ah that'll kill that then.

Pick we won't use it is then

Blitz.kicked s goal early on around the corner in the gf. Sav struggles to kick them from 10m out directly in front.
Wow...lol. He kicked one around the corner in GF. That has convinced the world he has good food skills... hahaha C'mon man u can do better than that.
Oops no, not on this argument as we all know he(Blitz) is a shocking kick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

1 We have not secured any of those players yet

2 Just because we run our club well does not mean Port gets a bonus, it doesn't work like that

3 We won't ask much but if Port want a contracted and required player they need to do some work to ensure a decent outcome

4 No chance he is a second rounder, but maybe something can be done with our surplus picks

Port give future 2nd and 43 for Ratugolea and 38.

Port give future first, 8, 33, 38 to Eagles for 2, future 2nd and Rioli

That’s a horrendous deal for WCE. Essentially a bad deal for two with the 8 and future 1 - and a worst deal for Rioli. Assume WC F2 is 22 you’re suggesting 22 and Rioli for 33 and 38?

22 would be worth more than those two picks by itself so WC would be paying for the privilege of Rioli playing for Port?

Sent from my iPhone using BigFooty.com

Good move Port! I think Sav will do well down back. He has the height and athleticism/strength to play on the King/Lynch/Hawkins/Mckay’s of the world which is probably the only real area and weakness you’ve struggled with in your top 4 run.
Frees up Allir to roam now
I think Esava is a great fit/get for Port. Both down back on the monster KPF's but I also think in the Ruck he could do a job aka Stanley like and allows Aliir to be more attacking. But also, would free up Finlayson as given he is not a ruckman he was more than okay at it.

Esava is a simple future 4th trade. Hasn't shown anything in 6 years, can't play the "we put all this development into him" card when he is no good.
Huh?

Can’t really play the ‘simple trade’ card when he’s contracted and is the only depth in a position.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back