Recommitted Esava Ratugolea [re-signed for 2 more years]

Remove this Banner Ad

Looks like another Ruck fail to me at the moment. Will be ok as depth.

Cats have 6 rucks in their list. With Rhys, Blicavs, Ratugolea, Fort, Neale, Tsapatolis, and only Rhys and Blicavs are or have been competent at it. They need to go for a ready made ruck this trade to stay in contention for finals and pray their senior players don't fall off a cliff.

Rhys will likely retire..Fort is a 28yo journeyman...neale and tsap are miles off afl ready...esava clearly lacks a tank to ruck full time and blitz is more valuable elsewhere but has to ruck as we lack other options. Ruck is definitely our weakness heading into finals.

The pick is irrelevant as we won't use it. If he wants to go you will be able to get him for not much, although we would probably push for a future pick since we have three seconds this year. Or maybe a fringe player we rate.
Sure future 3rd

If Gold Coast want to trade for OOC player Esava , then Id enquire about OOC player Sam Flanders or some other player that we could assess as advantageous.
You’d be right to ask
We’d be right to decline further conversation around Flanders.
All the talk is he is currently in discussions of the terms of his next suns contract.
Mentioned by various media commentators within the past few weeks.

ps what’s happening with Cooper Stephen’s? He been out on the park this year?

You’d be right to ask
All the talk is he is currently in discussions of the terms of his next suns contract.

Did his ankle over a month ago, was a bad injury, going miss majority of the year, just signed a 2 year contract extension last week..

You’d be right to ask

Injured an ankle out long term.
Signed a 2 year extension this week.

You’d be right to ask

Till he is signed... he is OOC. And if he is OOC and you want Sav then id expect us to show interest.

CopperS. just signed a 2 year extension. Ankle injury that I think will see him not ack this year.

You’d be right to ask

You can have Stephens for free in a couple of years when he is delisted

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Sure future 3rd
Think your club and Esava are a match made in heaven honestly. Both have something really good there but you only see it a few times a year so all you’re left with is hope that it clicks. I hope that both do eventually.

Think your club and Esava are a match made in heaven honestly. Both have something really good there but you only see it a few times a year so all you’re left with is hope that it clicks. I hope that both do eventually.
Cool

Would take a 3rd rounder for him easily

No way. You don't trade someone like Esava for that. He has been playing games so shouldn't be at the point where he wants to leave himself. Pick in the 40s is just hot trash. Esava might not ever click but I'd be willing to lose him over nothing to find out rather than accept a pick now we'd barely look to even use.

No way. You don't trade someone like Esava for that. He has been playing games so shouldn't be at the point where he wants to leave himself. Pick in the 40s is just hot trash. Esava might not ever click but I'd be willing to lose him over nothing to find out rather than accept a pick now we'd barely look to even use.
Look I hope I'm wrong and admit I was wrong, but I disagree, I don't think he will make it.... look if we gave Wylie Buzza this amount of games, who knows what he would be like

Look I hope I'm wrong and admit I was wrong, but I disagree, I don't think he will make it.... look if we gave Wylie Buzza this amount of games, who knows what he would be like
Still delisted

Geelong has selected a player with a third round or later pick in every draft since 2001, including Esava himself.

Even if he doesn't make it they're too invested in him to let him go. I'd argue they're playing him with no defined role right now. You don't do that with a player you chuck away and the player, getting games without necessarily earning the cash up every week, would be silly to leave

A prolific Geelong poster (name forgotten) agreed to a bet with me that Esava would kick more goals than Ben King in 2020.

Since then its 63 - 7 goals.

In saying that.. we desperately need some ruck depth, so if it's only going to take a late pick - ie somewhere around 50 - I'd hand that over.

Id like to know who it was. With 100 shots each from 35 out , Id think King would cover Sav by a significant margin.

Id like to know who it was. With 100 shots each from 35 out , Id think King would cover Sav by a significant margin.
Some guy that changed his user name
Jack Frost or something

He suggested 500 word essay on the opposition board for the loser about why it was a stupid pick then bailed on the promise once he lost.
Real cat like behaviour

There is a thread buried on our board somewhere if you're really that interested

Jack Frost or something

He suggested 500 word essay on the opposition board for the loser about why it was a stupid pick then bailed on the promise once he lost.
Real cat like behaviour

There is a thread buried on our board somewhere if you're really that interested
Jack Frost? You sure it wasn't some Hawks fan with a tool account? Don't think I've heard of a Jack Frost

Jack Frost or something

Real cat like behaviour

Real cat like behaviour?

I dont think I will bother. I cat remember anyone named that on the Cats board but maybe there was. King and Sav are very different players and King should be superior. he was a much earlier pick

Remove this Banner Ad

Back