Toast Esava

Remove this Banner Ad

592160-tlslargeportrait.jpg

If he had kicked the set shot goals I think we’d be whistling a different tune. That’s all we need from him at this point: contesting, a couple of i50 marks, 1-2 goals and a chop-out for Stanley in the ruck. That would be both a contribution now and perfect development for the future.

He’s not as far off it as some are suggesting.

If he had kicked the set shot goals I think we’d be whistling a different tune. That’s all we need from him at this point: contesting, a couple of i50 marks, 1-2 goals and a chop-out for Stanley in the ruck. That would be both a contribution now and perfect development for the future.

He’s not as far off it as some are suggesting.
Averaging 6 touches, 1.5 marks and 6 hitouts a game. Clearly struggling imo.

Couple more games too give him a good body of work to be judged on. Had his moments yesterday but not a great game. Didnt bring his groundwork, but seemed hampered most of the game.
Scrutiny has to come on at some point though.

I'll say it again, big fan of the Sav but I think it's time for him to have a run in the VFL to find the ball a bit more.. bring in Fort or Buzza for a run. TBH what Sav is currently contributing Buzza could of done and if Buzza was doing that we would be asking for him to be dropped..
Sav is going to be a good player in years to come, ( well I hope I'm rite ) but there is nothing wrong with going back to the VFL to find some form.
Like to see Kruger to have a game but maybe a few more games in the VFL

I'll say it again, big fan of the Sav but I think it's time for him to have a run in the VFL to find the ball a bit more.. bring in Fort or Buzza for a run. TBH what Sav is currently contributing Buzza could of done and if Buzza was doing that we would be asking for him to be dropped..
Sav is going to be a good player in years to come, ( well I hope I'm rite ) but there is nothing wrong with going back to the VFL to find some form.
Like to see Kruger to have a game but maybe a few more games in the VFL
That is because Buzza has not the potential that Ratugolea has so there is not the same sense that playing him is an investment in the future.

who would you guys wanna see brought in if he is dropped?
Fort or Buzza. Yes Buzza hasn't set the world on fire when his played but the only way to see if he has something to offer from preseason is to give him a go..
Fort been playing manly forward in the VFL, ( kicked 3 on the weekend ) he is only new to the forward role but might surprise us all.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

That is because Buzza has not the potential that Ratugolea has so there is not the same sense that playing him is an investment in the future.
Why keep him on the list then, we should of delist him then even if he was contracted.. all I'm saying is Buzza might pull his finger out of his bum and think this is his time to shine..
I'm with you as I like Esava but he needs a run in the VFL. I don't want us to be like Australia Cricket Selectors and keep playing them.

Fort or Buzza. Yes Buzza hasn't set the world on fire when his played but the only way to see if he has something to offer from preseason is to give him a go..
Fort been playing manly forward in the VFL, ( kicked 3 on the weekend ) he is only new to the forward role but might surprise us all.
I reckon Fort is still a bit too slow to be playing AFL, give him the year to develop in the VFL if they are wanting to play him forward. Don't mind giving Buzza a go, he at least brings some forward pressure too

Buzza might pull his finger out of his bum and think this is his time to shine..

The issue is not Buzza needing to ‘pull his finger out’ - his efforts and determination is as strong as anyone on our list. Nobody has ever questioned his application.

Unfortunately he is a limited player skill-wise.

Why keep him on the list then, we should of delist him then even if he was contracted.. all I'm saying is Buzza might pull his finger out of his bum and think this is his time to shine..
Nah. Very rare to delist contracted players. At worst Buzza is OK backup.
I'm with you as I like Esava but he needs a run in the VFL. I don't want us to be like Australia Cricket Selectors and keep playing them.
I don't agree and I think we will see them persist with him for the reasons I've stated.

Nah. Very rare to delist contracted players. At worst Buzza is OK backup.

I don't agree and I think we will see them persist with him for the reasons I've stated.
Why ? But his not playing good footy... Why keep playing him if his not playing good football. It's not going to be the end of the world to get dropped and find some form in the VFL...
Or we will keep playing Shaun Marsh for Australia for another 2 years until he makes a 100 again..

Why ? But his not playing good footy... Why keep playing him if his not playing good football. It's not going to be the end of the world to get dropped and find some form in the VFL...
Or we will keep playing Shaun Marsh for Australia for another 2 years until he makes a 100 again..
Already explained but as for the cricket analogy it's unhelpful. There are dozens of players who could replace Marsh and the situation simply isn't the same in the case of SR.

The issue is not Buzza needing to ‘pull his finger out’ - his efforts and determination is as strong as anyone on our list. Nobody has ever questioned his application.

Unfortunately he is a limited player skill-wise.
But at the moment Sav is in the same boat then as his not showing much at the moment, won't be bad to play a few games in the VFL to find form.

Already explained but as for the cricket analogy it's unhelpful. There are dozens of players who could replace Marsh and the situation simply isn't the same in the case of SR.
It's the some scenario in the main thing in what we're talking about and that's finding form, and clearly Sav doesn't have much form.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back