Toast Esava

Remove this Banner Ad

Do we really have a second key forward or does he spend half his time jumping in ruck contests?
He can't be in two places.

366c7105953d481bcb6a3e5bcca9195f.jpg

If sav and hawkins stay fit and healthy then this is our premiership to lose.

Please don't say stuff like this seeds. It is frigg'n April.

Sav is more important than stanley as we have back up rucks. We have no second key forwards to bring in.
Whether Esava is more important is probably a moot point.
But I agree on the "key forwards" issue. Freddie looks a good prospect but will need time to develop.

Geelong won the centre clearances this week and last week - 13-7 and 15-13 respectively.
I despise the way people resort to facts to argue a point.

Hickey was excellent yesterday.
Stanley was slightly less excellent.
Hickey's team lost by a country mile.
Stanley's team is on top of the ladder with the highest % in the comp.
I vote we "keep losing the ruck and centre clearances".
That is spot on.
These things are not mutually exclusive.
Stanley , along with Rohan, could vie for MVP, even if their opponents are excellent. (apologies GAJ and Danger)
It's what helps our structure that counts.
We could have Danger getting 35 and 3 goals against Freo, yet Fyfe could amass similar stats.

Which part?
Saw this from an Eagle fan today.

"Hickey was obviously a shining light, but you can argue that even his performance was blighted by the fact Stanley bad pretty much the exact same influence for them."

Hickey played well on Sunday, but so did Stanley.
Just watched on the couch and CD have Stanley as the 2nd best ruck behind Gawn since Round 13 last season. Ahead of Grundy

As long as his body is holding up ..just keep pumping the games in...
The team winning is also not an irrelevant factor. No imperative to change at this point.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

True it takes the pressure off , but at some point that will change ..and we have to hold firm. And maintenace will play a part as the season progresses..
Hold firm, but there is a point where that will change.

I think we should all accept that he may also play some VFL at some point. It has happened to most key forwards early in their careers, even the very best. He’s unlikely to be any different.

Right now, plough ahead.

Chance at a Rising Star nom this week?

They’ll give it to the Dons youngster who kept Cripps to 11 touches

Didn't watch other games. Thought there might be a Conner Rozee game out there.

Not only kept Cripps quiet, but got plenty of the ball himself......deserves a nomination....

Are taggers really rising stars? Its like barracking for Darth Vader.. ?

Who in 3 years is more likely to be a star Sav or the kid that stopped Cripps? I haven't seen the game so maybe he played well but it would be nice that some one gets a nomination based on playing positive footy rather than just another needle that lets the air out of the balloon?

If Sav wants a nom..he needs another couple of games like he played .. a big mark or two .... another goal or two.

Last edited:
Are taggers really rising stars? Its like barracking for Darth Vader.. ?

Blessed are the taggers. I've often wondered if Bartel on Lenny Hayes in the 2009 Grand Final, while not flashy or even noticable really, was the deserving Norm Smith winner instead of Chappy.

Chappy done good, but what if Lenny got off the chain for the rest of the match like he threatened to in that first quarter?

Blessed are the taggers. I've often wondered if Bartel on Lenny Hayes in the 2009 Grand Final, while not flashy or even noticable really, was the deserving Norm Smith winner instead of Chappy.

Chappy done good, but what if Lenny got off the chain for the rest of the match like he threatened to in that first quarter?
'Put me on Lenny and I will destroy him' - bartel told bomber at quarter time

His first goal from Saturday night needs to be Exhibit A whenever the discussion of his supposed 'upside' is raised again.

The number of players 195 and above who could even pick up that footy cleanly at pace is surely able to be counted on one hand. Let alone spin around and snap it straight through the goals without breaking stride.

And all this from a 19-year latecomer to footy. With less than 20 AFL games to his name.

Just play him. And then play him some more. And, if he begins to really struggle, think about giving him a rest.

Before playing him yet again, anyway.

He really could be that good.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back