Training Especially for Dave -- Open training session 29/3/16 at 6pm

Remove this Banner Ad

You forgot to mention the panel of players who will be available to talk to members after the session. Sounds awesome!
Got a phone call from the Club today, dinner has been cancelled as not enough interest, offered refund or hamburger and chips if I still wanted to go.
Said no thanks but transferred to May 10.

By popular demand and unprecedented pressure from our mate Tradedraft an open training session has been scheduled as above.

Check that bus timetable Davey boy!

One lucky member who signed up / renews by the end of the month will get entry into the prize draw for a coaching experience. It includes entry into the coachbox gameday, selection commitee, training, etc, etc. A video gets made of the experience.

I am so hoping TradeDraft wins it ... that would be friggen awesome!!! :D

One lucky member who signed up / renews by the end of the month will get entry into the prize draw for a coaching experience. It includes entry into the coachbox gameday, selection commitee, training, etc, etc. A video gets made of the experience.

Dave would give Bucks a few pointers... :p

(Log in to remove this ad.)

220px-KylieEspeciallyForYouCover.png

Got a phone call from the Club today, dinner has been cancelled as not enough interest, offered refund or hamburger and chips if I still wanted to go.
Said no thanks but transferred to May 10.
We have enough money..Just make it cheap and first in best dressed.
I was interested until I saw the price. We love charity for anyone else but our own fans.

We have enough money..Just make it cheap and first in best dressed.
I was interested until I saw the price. We love charity for anyone else but our own fans.
Looking back when I asked her what food was available, she hesitated, I can understand why.

We have enough money..

There is a perception that the club is wealthy.

The club certainly don't see themselves as wealthy - I've heard Ed and Pert make remarks about this in the past: Complaining that they're trying to run such a high profile business on such a shoestring budget.

The club turnover around $80 million. Out of that they have around a million profit left over which gets re-invested in the club. (That's worse than bank interest!). So they're basically spending everything they earn, with a little left over for contingency.

Just make it cheap and first in best dressed.

It's all perspective I guess. Some would say that $65 for a two course meal and hanging out with the players is cheap. The club charge ***a lot*** more than that for their usual hospitality events.

The club do put on a range of events that cater to different demographics - ranging from family day which is free, to inner sanctum VIP events which earns the club $$$.

You're still able to turn up to training for free, and you can get the player autographs on the fence afterwards.

BTW, I'm not disagreeing with you. I do think the club can do a better job of it.

There have been a few recent improvements. For example, offering a lucky member to win the coach's inner sanctum experience is a great initiative. TBH, I thought the $65 for post training dinner was a step in the right direction - as I said, they're usually a lot more expensive than that - but given that they didn't get the numbers, then they clearly have some work to do.

I was interested until I saw the price.

What price would you pay?

We love charity for anyone else but our own fans.

Very interesting comment ... Haven't heard it expressed that way before.

I don't think think the club put any of its own money into its foundation (charity) activities.

I'm picturing the Channel 7 camera cutting to a shot of Bucks just after a fumble by Langdon in the backline. Out of left-of-screen pops a furious Dave, mouthing soundless obscenities while the glass in the coaches box slowly fogs up until completely opaque.

That would be my favourite televised football highlight ever.

I'm picturing the Channel 7 camera cutting to a shot of Bucks just after a fumble by Langdon in the backline. Out of left-of-screen pops a furious Dave, mouthing soundless obscenities while the glass in the coaches box slowly fogs up until completely opaque.

Bucks: Bloody hell Langers, how do you drop them! Terrible!

Dave: So are you saying that Langdon is a Hack and should Never play again?

He might have a few choice words to say about the "scumps" too, being that they are apparently the reason we lose each game

Remove this Banner Ad

Back