FTA-TV ESPN's 30 for 30 doco's

Remove this Banner Ad

The OJ series came out on blu-ray in the US toady and has some extras. Im going to order it in a few weeks with some other things.

Up Close With Chris Myers (43:53)
SportsCenter Montage (7:27)
Sports Reporters 1 (13:02)
Sports Reporters 2 (7:38)

Finally got through the gretzky on
Enjoyed it just kept falling asleep watching it

The LA Kingz came across as such a plastic version of the Raiders or Lakers. It was like C-Grade celebrities would be at their games rather than A-list like the Lakers.

Was a bit meh about the catholics v convicts one. Not sure if it was because it's college sport or if they're just running out of ideas.

A bit slow but I'm looking forward to watching the final part of the OJ Simpson 30 for 30 doco on SBS tonight after watching it over the last 4 weeks.

Teasers for the Ric Flair and Lakers/Celtics docos.

The Flair one made me think of Drive because of the music.

Lakers/Celtics one is a "Summer 2017" one so expect it to air when the NBA finals are on in June.
Ric Flair one has no date. just "Next year on ESPN"

Bloody well deserved. It was a long doco series, some said it was over the top in length, but it left nothing out as to the background and why this became such a bizarre circus. :thumbsu:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Yeah it's a deserving winner, one of the best documentaries I've seen, if not the best, it might have been long but it was gripping from start to finish.

Yeah there are not a lot of 8.5hr [10hrs with ads] docos that are that good and make you want to keep watching. ESPN's films have been good since they started the 30 for 30s but this was on another level, dont think they could ever pass it.

Watched The Prince of Pennsylvania (John Du Pont/Foxcatcher) the other night. Didn't previously know the story. Very sad. Episode was really well done, very emotive, especially hearing the side of the story from Mark Schultz (victim's brother).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back