Review Essendon 16.7.103 decimated Colliwobbles 5.9.39

Remove this Banner Ad

Talia is getting close to elite - Not quite there yet - He must be 23 now.

And Carlisle wasn't elite at 21.

As a rough measurement if you can make AA ( as a tall defender ) at 21 you are probaly elite.
Or play fullback in a premiership year when you are 18 and playing against some of the greatest full forwards ever, like this guy....l 0.jpg

Still waiting for you to find those 22 year old elite defenders. There were a few around in the 70's and 80's - They seemed to disappear from the 1990's.

Tell you what - why don't you go find where I said any defender was elite at 22, and then I'll go find them for you.

Or maybe you should stop trying to put words in peoples mouth eh?

Frost is bog average.

He was elite at being murdered by those forwards.
Fletch did get 7 (out of 13) kicked on him in that grand final.

Fletch wasn't able to beat the best forward straight away. I seem to recall Sav Rocca was another who he really struggled against.

Fletch wasn't able to beat the best forward straight away. I seem to recall Sav Rocca was another who he really struggled against.

true. but only on Anzac games.

Fletch wasn't a superstar til 1998.... that's when he really stepped it up a notch. I haven't got the stats to back that up, but I was a member 1992-1998 going to every game, and he really became essential around that time (just after Hirds Brownlow & Lloydy on the scene)

true. but only on Anzac games.

Fletch wasn't a superstar til 1998.... that's when he really stepped it up a notch. I haven't got the stats to back that up, but I was a member 1992-1998 going to every game, and he really became essential around that time (just after Hirds Brownlow & Lloydy on the scene)

Thats about right - Fletch was 23 and had nearly 100 games - This is what it seems to take in today's era - I remember G.Jakovich was elite at 21 - Will check for a few others from the 70's,80's and 90's who fit this category.

That was an era when it was just 1v1 in the goal square, they never had the extra 15 dropping back to fill the space. and those key full forwards used to kick bags week in week out. like every great player he would of had his colours lowered on occasion but I'd hazard a guess for every bag that was kicked on him he saved/stopped just as much

Remove this Banner Ad

Back