essendon and collingwood? what a joke

Remove this Banner Ad

ferguswatts

Debutant
Suspended
Nov 6, 2004
Other Teams
Crows!!
sometimes i cant believe the anzac day clash is between collingwood and essendon. they are the most boring stuck up teams in the afl. none of them are any good, they mite as well take up rugby, more use there. i personally think the anzac day clash should be between adelaide and port adelaide, due to a much stronger rivalry there. adelaide and port adelaide would make for better viewing, because they are much stronger footy teams, and harder at it.

How true!!!!!!!!!

Cept for when you said that Port Power were a HARD side.

16th for Hard Ball Gets

the anzac day clash between Essendon and Collingwood has been going longer than Port Adelaide has been in the AFL. The Adelaide and Port Adelaide match might be more interesting for SA viewers but vic viewers couldn't give a stuff about them. Why have you posted this here? Could find more appropriate places for it like the bin

ferguswatts said:
sometimes i cant believe the anzac day clash is between collingwood and essendon. they are the most boring stuck up teams in the afl. none of them are any good, they mite as well take up rugby, more use there. i personally think the anzac day clash should be between adelaide and port adelaide, due to a much stronger rivalry there. adelaide and port adelaide would make for better viewing, because they are much stronger footy teams, and harder at it.

Of course the Port & Crow rivallry is much stronger..

I mean Ess and Coll have only been playing against each other for over 100 years.

How can the compare to the brief and fleeting tradition of Adelaide Crows.. a 'real' football club..

And how could they possibly compare to the tradition of Port Ade Power.. A club that has been around less than a decade.

Thank you for showing me the meaning of traditional rivallry.

You are ridiculous fergus! There is nothing better than being at your local RSL, having a beer with your Dad, playing two-up and then settling in to watch the Anzac Day Clash.
I love the national competition. It's brilliant, but don't begrudge us sentimental Victorians our traditional rivalries, particularly this one. :)

ferguswatts said:
You didn't think before you posted did you? Move along people, nothing to see here.

fahmi said:
How true!!!!!!!!!

Cept for when you said that Port Power were a HARD side.

16th for Hard Ball Gets

i don't quite understand, are you calling port adelaide soft???? would u like me to send u a copy of this years grand final

ferguswatts said:

The crows whole history has been marred by not being hard at it.

Crows=Soft as butter

The anzac day match is certainly a great spectacle and shouldnt be changed although I would like to see more vic clubs given an oppurtunity to participate in some big money games. As for Port vs Adelaide well its almost a forgone conclusion that Port will win, we have for years and will continue too for te forseeable future.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Two things -

Did Essendon not beat Adelaide by 50+ points this season at your very own toilet of a stadium?

Secondly, you take this anti-Victorian standpoint...can I ask what state your namesake hails from?

Infamy said:
I like the idea that the grand finalists from the year before play the ANZAC day gig. Not sure why Ess & Collingwood should have a monopoly on it.

Because:

A) There wouldn't even BE an "Anzac Day game" if it wasn't for Essendon and Collingwood. Essendon and Collingwood created the game, and they made it one of the biggest games on the Football Calender.

B) It would be a joke to have a contest where the ground is not even sold out (which could easily happen if you pick teams solely for their previous years Grand Final efforts) and call that a tribute to the Anzac's. Essendon and Collingwood will sell out the game every year, no matter what.

Essendon and Collingwood have a monopoly on it because they invented the damn thing, and are two of the only teams that could hold it up year in year out. Carlton could probably fill the ground against either team, but there's just something about Essendon and Collingwood that seems so right for Anzac Day.

duckboy said:
There is nothing better than being at your local RSL, having a beer with your Dad, playing two-up and then settling in to watch the Anzac Day Clash.

I think I can top it:

Getting up early to help your 90 year old grandfather to the parade, wearing his medals, and then after walking him to his ride home, walking over to the
MCG and soaking it all in from the Southern Stand.

I never feel more pride in this country than on that Day.

Think Essendon and Collingwood should keep ANZAC Day.

AFL should make more of the other matches in the round, build tradition and rivalries, where an ANZAC medal is presented to BOG in each game of the round. You could have.

Essendon v Collingwood Anzac Day
Carlton v Richmond
W.A "Derby"
S.A "Showdown
Sydney v Brisbane
Melbourne v Hawthorn
Kangaroos v Bulldogs
St.Kilda v Geelong

Just random ramblings

Cheers

roweman said:
i don't quite understand, are you calling port adelaide soft???? would u like me to send u a copy of this years grand final

Ummmm........YES

Calling you soft is an understatemate.

Ok you could call North Melbourne soft.

But we did beat you by 96 points!

So.....Port Power=SOFT

duckboy said:
You are ridiculous fergus! There is nothing better than being at your local RSL, having a beer with your Dad, playing two-up and then settling in to watch the Anzac Day Clash.
I love the national competition. It's brilliant, but don't begrudge us sentimental Victorians our traditional rivalries, particularly this one. :)

Obviously Richmond doesnt have one.

this buffon from Moronville still hasn't gotten over the fact that the Australian grand prix was taken away from them over a decade ago.

it only justifies the meaninglessness of your existence in that flea-infested excuse for a village you call a city.

if they have any tertiary levels of education in South Australian, and should you manange to fit the criteria for enrolement, may l suggest Bridge Builiding for Dummies..........so you can GET OVER IT !!!

:rolleyes:

ferguswatts said:

1. No-one outside of South Australia gives a ******** about Adelaide v Port Adelaide, it's a non-event.
2. Where did Adelaide finish this year? Your side is a joke.
3. Essendon and Collingwood have been traditional rivals for over 100 years, Adelaide and Port Adelaide have only existed for 13 and 7 years respectively.

I could go on, idiot.

This topic gives me the sh1ts, Collingwood and Essendon make the game/day great and know everyone else wants it, get stuffed we made it good we keep it, if the crowds drop then take the game off us.

leave it as it is! collingwood and essendon games are good to watch! even if it was taken over surely it would have to be the eagles and freo playing

roweman said:
first of all
you were lucky to win that game. Not to make any excuses or anything but Brisbane (and not being biased at all, im sure my fellow posters will agree with me on this one) have the best team in the league, and will not just crawl up into a corner and die very fast. They'll be there next year in one shape or another. Ne1 agree?

BLwhitey said:
first of all
you were lucky to win that game. Not to make any excuses or anything but Brisbane (and not being biased at all, im sure my fellow posters will agree with me on this one) have the best team in the league, and will not just crawl up into a corner and die very fast. They'll be there next year in one shape or another. Ne1 agree?

Brisbane>Port Pu55ies

Remove this Banner Ad

Back