Essendon are now the one to watch out for - They can win the premiership

Remove this Banner Ad

Carlton supporters really are a weird bunch. Preending like

Don't be daft and pretend like a supporter base celebrating a win is "weird". Specially a win in front of a big crowd, in a marketed game, to knock the Bombers out of 2nd place.

set us up to pile on again? Ill pass on the game plan to Scotty on Tuesday

Bombers are 3rd on the ladder. THIRD.

And you're still worried about beating the Eagles at home?

Essendon needs to start including some therapy in their membership packages.

The last 20 years has really messed you lot up good.

Decent outfit but seem built for Autumn footy. Soft draw leaves everything open where i dont see last winters collapse happening again.

Don't be daft and pretend like a supporter base celebrating a win is "weird". Specially a win in front of a big crowd, in a marketed game, to knock the Bombers out of 2nd place.
Carlton were a premiership favourite, certainly one of the top few who came off a prelim last year. As Ive been eloquently reminded for the past 6 weeks, we've beaten no one of note so this result isn't some game changer that's shifted Carlon into the premiership race.

Decent outfit but seem built for Autumn footy. Soft draw leaves everything open where i dont see last winters collapse happening again.
The silver lining for the 2024 reincarnation of EFC is that the 2018 version would have been blown out of the water when it got too hard. We got back to within 10 points iirc in the last after what looked like a shellacking coming up.

** Checks top contributors

More posts from Carlton supporters in total than Essendon supporters

Have we entered the phase yet where Essendon shit the bed and begin their slide down the ladder from top 4 to missing finals?

It's always an annual highlight of the AFL season.

No chance,
The dons are made of sterner stuff these days … so mentally strong and built for big game football.
Fully expect them to bounce back to their winning ways against the Eagles in Melbourne …

(Log in to remove this ad.)

nuh, we couldn't keep up with all that first round talent Carlton have stockpiled over the years. Was never a truer reflection of where these two mighty clubs are at.

Have the Blues finally arrived will be Tuesday's headline

Don’t Essendon have lots of first round talent? Perkins, Cox, McGrath, 2MP, Langford, Tsatas, Caldwell, Shiel, Gresham, Setterfield, Heppell and Stringer.

That is only the ones playing. Add in Parish, Duursma, Hobbs and Reid then .

On top of that, other first round talents like Shiel, Wiedeman and caddy can’t even break into the side.

Carlton supporters really are a weird bunch. Preending like beating Essendon tonight was some sort of achievement whereas every educated person knew we were a false second. The past 3 weeks solidified this with evidence.

A team who made the prelim last year acting like this was some sort of achievement should be basking in its own glory yet here we are.

Carlon supporters are a really, really strange crew.. really odd

Side is happy to best arch rival who was above them on the ladder before the game, news at 11.

I quite liked what I saw from Essendon but still feel like they are missing some genuine match winning talent. Langford, Merritt, Durham and Martin are phenomenal players in the roles they play but I just don't know if they have enough players who can put the team on their back. Cox, Perkins, Reid and Tsatas are high 4 picks that they'd really be hoping would be further ahead of where they are.

Heppell, Kelly, Guelfi, Menzie, Laverde, Hobbs, Hind etc are just way off the standard imo. Need to build to the point where they're being pushed out of the side and they'll be in good order.

Geelong and a double chance - tasty.

Good luck with Freo over there Edge 😬
I hate to say it but if Collingwood could finish 4th to play Sydney in Sydney - what a match that would be!

imagine if Sydney lost that game - it would turn the final series on its head.

Or if Sydney smashed Collingwood - so much the better :).

Remove this Banner Ad

Back