Competitions Essendon Board Mock Draft 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Ooooh i like. Can you tell us more about what he's been up to in the last few years?
Well he only got drafted at the end of 2014 and then played a handful of games in 2015 & 2016 before returning back to WA due to a family matter IIRC. Had an average year at WAFL level this year but I'd be taking him on what he's already shown in his short AFL career. Elite endurance and runs a sub 3 second 20m, very similar player to Brad Hill and someone who would slot right into the Eagles best 22 and take some pressure off Jetta. Will go a bit more in depth when I finish my write ups tomorrow.

Sydney Matt Guelfi.

At this stage of the draft, hes a great option. Moved forward this year in the WAFL, and with pretty decent combine results there is a lot to work with.

North pick Nick Hind.

Kane Lambert type prospect, went from strength to strength this year in the VFL moving from half back to the middle. Close to our best performer in the second half of the year. Great pace, pushes forward, very competitive, probably would have won the B&F had he played all the games.

Finish us off big boy! D_P_S

The final pick and he is a personal favourite of mine, extremely hard worker who's stats and goal kicking almost mirrored Jack Higgins

Richmond selects Charlie Thompson

And that's it well done all that went quicker than I expected

(Log in to remove this ad.)

The final pick and he is a personal favourite of mine, extremely hard worker who's stats and goal kicking almost mirrored Jack Higgins

Richmond selects Charlie Thompson

And that's it well done all that went quicker than I expected
Great pick. Does it all except run fast and could hit a few more targets by foo. But great value.

Happy with what I ended up with.

Garner gives Melbourne skill and class, Taylor is a young, proper key back with senior WAFL experience, Shipley adds midfield depth and is probably a bit of an untapped talent, and Fritsch and Narrier both have skill and tricks for days, and have both played significant senior state league footy.

I wanted a ruck but couldn't really justify any of them, Demons would be well served to get an experienced backup like Zac Clarke in the rookie draft

Pretty happy with Norths, probably got my two favourite players in the draft with my first two picks in Stephenson and Bailey. North obviously have a lot of needs but would have liked another forward option after Ryan, with only Brown and Wood as long term starters, but alas De Koning, Miller, Dixon, Sambono went in pretty quick succession when I was looking for them. Styles and Hind look to be a couple of reliable types without huge upside.

Carlton managed to address most of their needs by deepening the midfield after the loss of Gibbs (Higgins and UDL), providing some spark up forward (Higgins), getting a quality ruckman in a younger age profile (Crossley) and picking up another quality key-forward (Ballenden, thats where i see him playing his best footy).

I really rate Ethan Penrith (Carlton Nex-Gen Academy product) and he'll definitely be taken in the Rookie Draft. Big upside. Can shut down in defence, provide run as an 80m player and tackle like a maniac. Just can't kick poor sod.
Would've taken Charlie Thompson for sure but ol mate D_P_S got in there before me.
Would also look at Matthew Day. He's a nice boy.

Thanks for running the show D_P_S

Remove this Banner Ad

Back