Competitions Essendon Board Mock Draft 2017

Remove this Banner Ad

Gold Coast Suns, Pick #54:

Lachlan Pascoe
Norwood / South Australia
190cm / 90kg
General Defender

Having been pleasantly surprised with the combination of available and positional talent through my first three selections, I've decided to go a little more risk for reward with this pick. Pascoe is a little bit of an unknown having ruptured his ACL during the season (around June from memory). What we do know is that he is capable of playing on talls and smalls, has a strong body, is physically competitive and is a beautiful long (and I stress, long) kick of the football. He reads the play well and is a fantastic overhead mark, particularly of the intercept variety. Provided he can overcome his injury, Pascoe could become a half back general at AFL level, such is his reading of the play and intercepting / rebounding quality.

D_P_S

Honestly, I am warming up to this draft. I don't think it is as bad as many think.

Sorry for the delay

Collingwood select Kane Farrell.

Farrell is a kicking machine. While Collingwood considered but ultimately passed on Coffield at pick 6, Farrell will slot into that role of half back distributor nicely. Combine that with his excellent agility and speed (2nd in AFL combine 20m sprint and first in the agility test) and Collingwood have a player who, with Naughton, will form a great stopping/distributing combination for the best part of the next 15 years.

harro92

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 60 Brayden Ainsworth 183cm 75kg Inside Midfielder Subiaco
Hard working inside midfielder who had a terrific national carnival.
This form then continued at WAFL level.
Brayden has the ability to win clearances and is a real factor at stoppages with clean hands.
Brayden is an above average endurance runner who covers a lot of ground.
Speed is below average and kicking is just ok.
Great attitude who plays with effort and applies strong defensive pressure.
Can turn into a Matthew Priddis type player.

Collingwood select Ethan Floyd

Top athlete that loves to run quickly and for a long time. Good disposal and spread from contest. A good player who will compliment Collingwood's inside mids. As is the trend with Collingwood's picks, needs a preseason in the gym.

Harlequin Dream

Edit; bit rough keeping to 6hrs on a public holiday!

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back