Competitions Essendon Board Mock Draft 2018

Remove this Banner Ad

GWS select:

11: Jye Caldwell
Ceiling is enormous as an explosive running inside midfielder, but injuries cruelled his year. Our midfield is strong enough to let him get his body right and looks a value pick at 11.

12: Xavier Duursma
Slots onto the HBF from round 1 next year which allows Whitfield to go futher up the ground. Pacey, uses the ball well and oozes leadersip. Tick. Tick. Tick.

Was tossing up between these two for 11 knowing the other wouldnt be there at 19, so was more than happy to move up to get the other.

Red Black and Blue
Your up

Fremantle pick 14 select Riley Collier-Dawkins

I think at 14 he's has the most upside. Will be the big mover and will go top 10 IMO

quotemokc

Pick 16. Adelaide selects Ian Hill.

With Milera in finding a home at half back and Betts on his last legs, there is a wing/Hf hole in the side. Gallucci showed a bit late last year but still need more than as there aren’t many similar types elsewhere on the list.

Vindicater youre up!

Pick 21 Bailey Williams

Even though there are question marks whether he’ll ever be a number one ruck due to size, there’s still a massive hole on the Crows list for rucks or even pinch hitter/forwards. Walker, Jenkins, Jacobs close to the end means he’ll definitely get the chance to prove himself. Personally could see him becoming the premier pinch hitter in the comp during his peak.

MightyDons4 go again

Last edited:

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Pick 23 Melbourne Select Curtis Taylor
Rationale: Being a team that should be at its primed for the next 5 years Taylor will be given the perfect amount of time to develop and be a really important player at the back end of there push.

Pick 25 Geelong Select:
Jez McLennan
Half-Back
Central Districts SA

Yoda_

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Pick 27 - Bulldogs - Rhylee West - Midfielder 180cm, 80kg

I was disappointed when that there was no bidding when I was given the Bulldogs as I figured West was not good enough to take at their first selection, pick 7, but would fall around pick 15 and I'd be unable to pick him up.

Was happily surprised to see him last to this point and I suppose there is some justice in that as no doubt the Doggies are planning on using this pick to match a bid on him.

After drafting Bailey Smith with their first pick the Doggies have a very exciting midfield brigade coming through with Macrae, Bont, Smith, West, McLean and Dunkley etc.

In saying that there were a couple of other players I was surprised were still available, though I won't mention them so as not to put anyone else off side and in the hope they might last a few more picks to the Doggie's third selection.

qwertyboy

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back