Competitions Essendon Board Mock Draft 2020

Remove this Banner Ad

Only works if you get the same team next year that you do this year.

Otherwise you can trade all your future picks for current ones and the poor sod that gets your team next year gets stuffed
It's based on the actual draft.

eDPS isn't going to remove Collingwoods first pick from whoever gets them next year If the real Collingwood don't actually trade it.

eDPS How many picks are you expecting to get through tomorrow? I'll be out most of tomorrow, but I should be able to do St Kilda's first pick if it takes until 8 or 9pm to get to Pick 21.
Through past mocks I think you will be fine 😂, don’t think there is much chance we get that far in the first day. If your busy and don’t think you can post for awhile just send me a PM on the players in order that you want and I can select them for you but it shouldn’t come to that.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Adelaide Pick 1:

Logan McDonald - Perth/WA
Key forward - 196cm, 86kg

Riley Thilthorpe came into consideration but McDonald will be the better prospect and groin issues in 200cm forwards scare me enough to pass on Thilthorpe at pick 1. The fact he is an Adelaide kid doesnt override either of those factors.

Look, Adelaide need talent, lots of it. Walker is at the end, Jenkins gone, Tom Lynch is 30 and Fogarty is a 3rd tall. Need meets talent here and Adelaide has to pick the best player. Is he a flight risk? Potentially, but i will back the club in to retain him.

boncer34 you're up

Haychh interested in doing 13 and 15 for your pick 4? I hear the hawks want quantity more than quality

Adelaide Pick 1:

Logan McDonald - Perth/WA
Key forward - 196cm, 86kg

Riley Thilthorpe came into consideration but McDonald will be the better prospect and groin issues in 200cm forwards scare me enough to pass on Thilthorpe at pick 1. The fact he is an Adelaide kid doesnt override either of those factors.

Look, Adelaide need talent, lots of it. Walker is at the end, Jenkins gone, Tom Lynch is 30 and Fogarty is a 3rd tall. Need meets talent here and Adelaide has to pick the best player. Is he a flight risk? Potentially, but i will back the club in to retain him.

boncer34 you're up
Adelaide are still haunted by ghosts of Christmas Pav.

Except they didnt have a pick before Freo to take Pav... so no
That would be relevant if I in anyway thought or said they had.

They spent years trying to lure him back, now they have a SA born KPF. They aren't going to pass and then spend years trying to lure him back.

They're the most boring club in the league. They won't risk him being a star elsewhere. It's the safe choice. It screams Adelaide.

Also I should note I think you have made the right call. I just think you're smarter than Radelaide.

Last edited:
Haychh interested in doing 13 and 15 for your pick 4? I hear the hawks want quantity more than quality
Nah can't do it sorry. As much as I'd love to see it happen IRL because I'd laugh at the Hawkes I Can't see anyone trading out of this top 5 into the teens.

I use all of my beans to match on Jamarra Ugle-Hagan boncer34

Clearly too good to pass on and pretty much exactly what the Dogs are after. They wanted a gun small forward and Jamarra does a lot of that stuff, just in a bigger frame. He’s not going to give them anything structurally but he’s a walking mismatch and can create for himself. Looking forward to seeing how he goes and then putting 5 million bucks in front of him in 18 months time.

Last edited:

Remove this Banner Ad

Back