Competitions Essendon Board Mock Draft

Remove this Banner Ad

47 Melbourne - Zac Fisher

I really wanted Poholke here. I've gone beat available even tho it's not one of the Dee's biggest needs. I'll take a few risks with my next few picks

qwertyboy

47 Melbourne - Zac Fisher

I really wanted Poholke here. I've gone beat available even tho it's not one of the Dee's biggest needs. I'll take a few risks with my next few picks

qwertyboy
Yes! I was tossing up between Poholke and another player Sydney need, and looks like my call was correct

(Log in to remove this ad.)

GWS select Ryan Garthwaite

After missing out on talented tall defender Harrison Macreadie due to not doing academcy selections I end up taking an academy back man in the end anyway.

While not as talented as Macreadie, Garthwaite could become a mainstay down back for the Giants after a few years learning his craft. His read of the play in particular is a real strength.

My last selection and its a no brainer, over to you Vindicater

Pick 54 - West Coast - Jake Waterman

Team: Claremont
Height: 189
Weight: 86
DOB: 6/5/98

WAFL Games: Colts: 10
Reserves: 1
Seniors: 4
AVG Disposals: C: 20.7 R: 19 S: 12
Goals: 38

Player Traits: Jack Darling, Tim Membrey
Position: Forward

Bio: Jake is a forward who isn't quite key position size but he has been able to beat some of the best taller defenders in this years draft pool. A proven goal kicker and wins a fair amount of the footy for a player in his position.

Jake is at an awkward height for a key position player and he wont play the roles he does now at AFL level but i feel he could easily fill a Membrey type role. He is a great contested mark and he has a high work rate as he often leads up the ground taking marks on the wing.

He is also a good user of the footy, not elite by any stretch but good enough for a player of his type. He loves to tackle and will do the team things when required. Has proven himself against senior bodies and could see him pushing for selection early in his career.

He has gone under the radar but his numbers stack up very well and was solid in the championships and All Stars game. Id be surprised if he isn't bid somewhere in the 2nd Round.

Alot of players i considered where Josh Begley, Bailey Morrish, Callum Brown, Mitchell Hinge and Brodie Romensky. All present good value at this pick

Pick 41 Essendon Jack Graham 181cm 83kg Midfielder North Adelaide/ SA

Graham had an outstanding National Championships which culminated in him winning the Larke Medal.
Graham's strengths are his ball winning ability both on the inside and the outside.
He averaged 25 disposals in the Nationals and at Under 18 level in the SANFL. In both competitions he averaged 11 contested and 14 uncontested disposals.
He also averaged over 5 clearances a game and 4 tackles a game.
When he stepped up to SANFL reserves he averaged over 16 disposals with 50% contested disposals. He did not look overawed at the level and if not for injury he probably would have got a taste of senior footy.
Graham is a strong body with a hard attack at the footy and above average footy IQ.
His disposal efficiency hovers at just under 70%.
The areas he is going to have to work on are his endurance running and his kicking. He is going to have to trim down a little to improve his ability to spread from contests and run midfield minutes. His kicking can also tidy up a little more.
I think Graham can prosper in a professional environment and you cannot teach Graham's ability to win the footy and his desire to impact contests.

Pick 41 Essendon Jack Graham 181cm 83kg Midfielder North Adelaide/ SA

Graham had an outstanding National Championships which culminated in him winning the Larke Medal.
Graham's strengths are his ball winning ability both on the inside and the outside.
He averaged 25 disposals in the Nationals and at Under 18 level in the SANFL. In both competitions he averaged 11 contested and 14 uncontested disposals.
He also averaged over 5 clearances a game and 4 tackles a game.
When he stepped up to SANFL reserves he averaged over 16 disposals with 50% contested disposals. He did not look overawed at the level and if not for injury he probably would have got a taste of senior footy.
Graham is a strong body with a hard attack at the footy and above average footy IQ.
His disposal efficiency hovers at just under 70%.
The areas he is going to have to work on are his endurance running and his kicking. He is going to have to trim down a little to improve his ability to spread from contests and run midfield minutes. His kicking can also tidy up a little more.
I think Graham can prosper in a professional environment and you cannot teach Graham's ability to win the footy and his desire to impact contests.
So he's Nick O'Brien but with better disposal?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back