News & Events Non-Football COVID-19 Discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

Say you catch covid and are vaccinated and it doesn't do much to you, but then next year you get it again (you have had you're booster shot) but are perhaps a bit more sick from a variant that stronger, then the following year you get a mild case...and so on. What happens after we have had it 10 times. We will be allowing it to come, and allowing us to get it multiple times. Will there be some sort of damage to our bodies that will eventually catch up with us and make really sick.
No. The immune system doesn't work like that. Think of it like memories. For example - imagine yesterday you ate a really tasty looking jelly bean that was flavoured like a piece of dog s**t and you ate it and thought, "this is really gross I am never doing that again". But then next year you see a piece of dog s**t that looks delicious but that smells really similar to that jelly bean, and you take a really big sniff of it and it makes you a little woozy, but you remember that jelly bean flavoured dog s**t that you ate last year, and decide not to eat it because it was nasty. And then the year after that, you come across another similar piece of dog s**t that looks really tasty, but maybe this one is a different consistency, and so you have a little nibble, but then before you can go any further it triggers the memory of that dogshit flavoured jelly bean that you really didn't like, and you remember that it is a bad idea so you run away from that particular strain of dogshit.

its just like that.

The jelly bean is the vaccine, and covid is the dogshit.

Usually pepperoni. I also dabble in Hawaiian. Either way, there's always a garlic cheese number tagging along. Yourself?
I have a pineapple allergy so Hawaiin will knock me for six. But more importantly, from where?

Can't seem to get a clear answer anywhere else so let's see what the BigFooty brains trust has to say.

Now we're moving house in 4 weeks time. We've already signed paperwork and there's a new tenant found for our current place. We're actually housesitting this new place for 3 years due to the homeowners being stuck in Europe and the current housesitters have to go back overseas too.

We're planning on doing the entire move ourselves and renting a truck; but does anyone know if the truck rental places are going to be open?

Can't seem to get a clear answer anywhere else so let's see what the BigFooty brains trust has to say.

Now we're moving house in 4 weeks time. We've already signed paperwork and there's a new tenant found for our current place. We're actually housesitting this new place for 3 years due to the homeowners being stuck in Europe and the current housesitters have to go back overseas too.

We're planning on doing the entire move ourselves and renting a truck; but does anyone know if the truck rental places are going to be open?

You'd think so, they'd almost be considered logistics.

Call the company? They'd know.

People will move places during this period, so you'd expect truck hire companies to still be able to operate.
You'd think so, right? Under the list from the other day it said "Rental and Hire" companies were going to be closed unless for industrial purposes, so there's a lot of grey area there.

I think that was one of the issues that the premier said he'd come back to as it was a tricky issue that they needed to figure out how they were going to handle it, but I didn't catch today's press conference so idk if he said anything else about it. Obviously people need to be able to move house, honour contracts and people can't just end up homeless, so it will be legal in some fashion, but how you prove that with all this permits and 5km radius stuff is probably the tripping point. I think inspections have to be remote though (which indicates that you can still do inspections...)

If stage 4 restrictions are working, when do we expect numbers to actually start dropping? Mid next week?
Takes at least 3 days to get test results back, plus however long it takes for symptoms to show up, I think altogether about 10 days to see the effect of new measures? Meanwhile the 700 cases that were reported each day for a few days, a few days ago are probably getting close to the worst point in their illnesses and some percentage of those will be hospitalised/in ICU/on ventilators/dying soonish. :\

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Takes at least 3 days to get test results back, plus however long it takes for symptoms to show up, I think altogether about 10 days to see the effect of new measures? Meanwhile the 700 cases that were reported each day for a few days, a few days ago are probably getting close to the worst point in their illnesses and some percentage of those will be hospitalised/in ICU/on ventilators/dying soonish. :\
The next couple of weeks are going to be really challenging for the health care system and the hospitals.

Case numbers should be going down in a week or so. Less people out and about means less opportunity to spread. The big unknown is how long it will take to bring it down to a level where restrictions can be eased given the rate of community infection.

I'm not sure I'm reading that right. I don't think people's issue is that the contractor was recommended or not, it's that no police/ADF oversight was put in place. I'm sure there's opinions and claims flying everywhere in the twitter ether at the moment. One of the reasons I canned social media ages ago.

Good news, I'm good to move house. Yeeww.

Numbers in new cases are looking better now and steadily dropping; 322 today which is great, but 19 deaths. A new record.

Good news, I'm good to move house. Yeeww.

Numbers in new cases are looking better now and steadily dropping; 322 today which is great, but 19 deaths. A new record.
Congrats mate

sounds promising enough & hopefully will aid in getting the NFL season underway. Would assume organisations like the AFL would be following up on stuff like this & that there's similar tests being developed here.

A new saliva-based COVID-19 test could allow the NFL to test players, coaches, and fans more quickly at a lower cost.
The test, developed by Yale University and funded by the NBA and NBA Players Association, marks a major turn in COVID-19 testing in the United States. Currently, it can take up to 48 hours to receive the results of a COVID-19 test. That means a player who has the virus could be on the practice field and locker room for a day or two before he gets the test results. “There we go,” an NFL general manager said upon learning that the new test -- known as SalivaDirect -- was approved by the U.S. Food and Drug Administration. “I hope that ends up being the route the league goes!” The testing development offers hope for an NFL season seemingly on the brink.

Just went down to the local shops to get the lovely some rolls and tomatoes and a few other supplies. Walking through the mall towards the bakery it felt like the beginning of zombie apocalypse. People wearing masks, avoiding each other, keeping distance. Everyone by themselves. Most shops shut. Very quiet, no noise, minimal traffic. There was no happiness, no laughter, no mums trying to control little kids chucking tantrums. No young adults enjoying themselves. Feels like everyone is just existing at the moment...no living...just waiting for something, anything. It's bizarre.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back