Hot Topic Essendon Board Non-Football COVID-19 Discussions

Remove this Banner Ad

baz_machine

Premiership Player
Jun 13, 2007
AFL Club
Essendon
The Enquiry was setup to lay the blame (and deflect the Media's questions) somewhere, so someone was going to be thrown under the bus.

I'm expecting the Police Commissioner next because P *** as off you didn't know private security firms were going to be used

Old Campaigner

Premium Gold
Nov 22, 2012
AFL Club
Essendon
The Enquiry was setup to lay the blame (and deflect the Media's questions) somewhere, so someone was going to be thrown under the bus.

I'm expecting the Police Commissioner next because P *** as off you didn't know private security firms were going to be used
I reckon it'll be Pakula next. I assume it was someone in his department who sourced the security guards. I'm not sure they were the biggest issue in reality (infection control and contact tracing were bigger issues) but it's become so a hot issue anyone linked to it is cooked.

I'm not sure how Mikakos hung around for so long. She's the health minister in the middle of a health crisis that was badly handed by the health department.

pepsi

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 4, 2008
Maribyrnong
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Man Utd, Atlanta Hawks
it’s a shame that the security guards and you know the people in quarantine can’t be held to account as well.
Yep exactly right. This bloody virus has spread wildly around the world. We've had a sh*t outbreak here, but far out the government have done well to bring it back to these case numbers.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Howard Moon

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
does anyone know what the grounds for leaving the melb ring of fire are?

i understand you can view a new property if you have a written declaration from the agent, does anyone think doing a school tour would be a passable reason? (thats if schools are even allowing them of course)

boncer34

Formerly "Doss"
Jul 11, 2005
Baghdad
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Melbourne Storm
does anyone know what the grounds for leaving the melb ring of fire are?

i understand you can view a new property if you have a written declaration from the agent, does anyone think doing a school tour would be a passable reason? (thats if schools are even allowing them of course)
I highly doubt schools would be doing them.

Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central Districts, Detroit Pistons
I highly doubt schools would be doing them.
Yeah I agree. From the outside looking in, and knowing how paranoid our govt have been and still are (no parents allowed on school grounds for pick up/drop off etc despite about 6 non-hotel-quarantine cases since late May) I'd say school tours are a way off in Vic.

Howard Moon

Brownlow Medallist
Dec 14, 2008
AFL Club
Essendon
Going to make it tough to move , we need to be gone by Feb.

I guess we could just rely on Google reviews of schools, what could go wrong?

Pweter

Brownlow Medallist
Feb 12, 2010
Right here, right now
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Central Districts, Detroit Pistons
Going to make it tough to move , we need to be gone by Feb.

I guess we could just rely on Google reviews of schools, what could go wrong?
No harm in calling the school and asking. The worst thing that can happen is they say no tours but they may offer alternatives

Dero

Formerly "DERO"
Jan 22, 2013
TBC
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Mitcham FC
No funerals, no gyms, no grand final drinks with your mates...

It is so dumb. Hopefully the Stockholm Syndrome crew finally wake up and smell the horseshit.

Last edited:

WindyHillWarrior

Debutant
Aug 20, 2020
AFL Club
Essendon

Remove this Banner Ad