Hot Topic Essendon Board Non-Football COVID-19 Discussions

CBombers17

Club Legend
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Hi and thanks for the welcome! My boyfriend showed me a snippet of the game in 2016 and I started seriously watching in late May 2017! I love the Bombers so much and can't imagine life without them! I have my international membership too đź”´âš«
Thats great to hear! We will have games on again soon. Hopefully they stay on top of things in New York so you guys can get back to some sort of normality soon.

Do you like NFL as well? What was it about AFL that drew you in?

AFL Obsessed

Rookie
Apr 27, 2020
New York City
AFL Club
Essendon
Thats great to hear! We will have games on again soon. Hopefully they stay on top of things in New York so you guys can get back to some sort of normality soon.

Do you like NFL as well? What was it about AFL that drew you in?
Counting down every. single. day! Thanks, it's been an interesting 10 weeks in quarantine...to say the least. Fan of NFL but prefer College Football. There is NOTHING quite like the AFL. And where do I start? It's just thee most dimensional, complex, fascinating, intelligent and exhilarating game anyone can and will ever see! I've been trying to convert peeps from the beginning haha!

CBombers17

Club Legend
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Counting down every. single. day! Thanks, it's been an interesting 10 weeks in quarantine...to say the least. Fan of NFL but prefer College Football. There is NOTHING quite like the AFL. And where do I start? It's just thee most dimensional, complex, fascinating, intelligent and exhilarating game anyone can and will ever see! I've been trying to convert peeps from the beginning haha!
If someone from the club is reading this - we need to get AFL Obsessed some sort of Ambassadorial membership ASAP!

Its great to hear your story. Hopefully we have some success to celebrate over the next few seasons :)

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL Obsessed

Rookie
Apr 27, 2020
New York City
AFL Club
Essendon
If someone from the club is reading this - we need to get AFL Obsessed some sort of Ambassadorial membership ASAP!

Its great to hear your story. Hopefully we have some success to celebrate over the next few seasons :)
Haha don't I wish! I was so excited about the potential game with GWS here in the States. But I'm definitely looking forward to our season and beyond!

CBombers17

Club Legend
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Haha don't I wish! I was so excited about the potential game with GWS here in the States. But I'm definitely looking forward to our season and beyond!
Seems you might get games if the recent exposure over there is any indication. I just watched a YouTube 'Pat McAfee learns EVERYTHING about Australian Rules Football' - an interview with Mason Cox from about a month ago - Its funny as.

AFL Obsessed

Rookie
Apr 27, 2020
New York City
AFL Club
Essendon
Seems you might get games if the recent exposure over there is any indication. I just watched a YouTube 'Pat McAfee learns EVERYTHING about Australian Rules Football' - an interview with Mason Cox from about a month ago - Its funny as.
Sure hope so! Yes, Pat McAfee became a convert after he saw our Essendon game vs Freo in Round 1! I think the club sent him Stringer's guernsey because he is a fan. Loved that interview and will always be a fan of Mason Cox because he's American- like me!

CBombers17

Club Legend
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Sure hope so! Yes, Pat McAfee became a convert after he saw our Essendon game vs Freo in Round 1! I think the club sent him Stringer's guernsey because he is a fan. Loved that interview and will always be a fan of Mason Cox because he's American- like me!
Great to hear Pats a bombers fan!! He strikes me as a Stringer sort of guy too. Who is your favourite Bomber?

CBombers17

Club Legend
Jul 7, 2014
AFL Club
Essendon
Oh completely! Fave current player? The Big Bear Hurls, I just love him. Retired player- Jobe Watson without question. What about you?
Yeah Jobe's hard to go past. Hopefully Hurley can have some success in the next year or 2 - he deserves it. I'm actually a fan of Stringer and then I'd say Mckenna or Redman. Anyone super talented thats also a bit crazy gets a tick from me. I think Essendon is at its best when we have players who play the game on the edge :)

Have you joined in on the gameday threads.on here (speaking of crazy)?

AFL Obsessed

Rookie
Apr 27, 2020
New York City
AFL Club
Essendon
Honestly, love the team and have always loved McKenna! Red Dog is pretty awesome and Stringer is just so exciting to watch! I probs have 10 fave players currently, such great personalities and playing styles.

Ooooooh gameday threads must find...legit newbie because I started posting on here only a few days ago. Thanks for telling me about it- I welcome that kind of crazy, haha!

Top Bottom