Status
Not open for further replies.

scottwade

Premiership Player
Feb 23, 2006
around
AFL Club
Sydney
The 'fact' that 6 Essendon players have taken AOD-9604 seems to have become accepted.

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/2013/04/22/3740178.htm
DAVID KENLEY, METABOLIC PHARMACEUTICALS CEO: As I understand it, (AOD-9604 was) used by about half a dozen ah footballers at Essendon. Um, purely to assist in soft tissue injury and to aid um, the recovery so that the players that were injured could get back onto the ah, the pitch quicker.

Has there been any statement anywhere else regarding the numbers of players allegedly administered AOD-9604?
It has certainly been reported that Essendon has admitted the use of AOD-9604, but other than Kenley's statement I don't recall seen any confirmation regarding the number of players.

If not, then I would be wary of claiming it as 'fact' that 6 Essendon players have been identified as using AOD-9604.

Sector 7G

Norm Smith Medallist
Aug 21, 2009
Melbourne
AFL Club
Carlton
The 'fact' that 6 Essendon players have taken AOD-9604 seems to have become accepted.

http://www.abc.net.au/4corners/stories/2013/04/22/3740178.htm

Has there been any statement anywhere else regarding the numbers of players allegedly administered AOD-9604?
It has certainly been reported that Essendon has admitted the use of AOD-9604, but other than Kenley's statement I don't recall seen any confirmation regarding the number of players.

If not, then I would be wary of claiming it as 'fact' that 6 Essendon players have been identified as using AOD-9604.

How does Kenley know how many Essendon players took the drug given his company doesn't sell it because it is not approved? Unless they do sell it and he is lying.

Barry Zuckercorn

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Jul 13, 2006
Parkville
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
#StandByHird
6 players banned would be nothing on our injury toll last year, especially if a few werent even on our list this year, and a few were reserve players.
Well if that's all Essendon cops, go and buy a Tatslotto ticket immediately.

MrRockett24

Team Captain
May 23, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong Cats Geelong Cats
6 players banned would be nothing on our injury toll last year, especially if a few werent even on our list this year, and a few were reserve players.

I must admit mxett...im in awe at how far your head is up your @$$. Its really quit extraordionary.

Everything everyone has been saying and you have been resilent in your approach...immovable and unwavering even.

I honestly think that regardless what anyone says...none of us want this to be true...it would hurt much more than just bombers.

I do feel that you are wrong on this one though...admission to a banned substance is pretty bad mate. I dont know if your just being this way to try get under anyones skin, or if you are just blinded by your support.

Keep up the good work though mate. Support the club through thick and thin. They will need people like you in the end.

Just dont see it ending well though. Even if nothing comes of this...bombers HAVE at the least, brought the game into disrepute and you will be penalised for that regardess.

It is in Australia

No it hasn't... I've read so many posts of yours peddling this line over the last few pages

It hasn't been approved for human use, you are hanging your hopes on that compound chemist line which means you and I may be able to get our hands on it, but it's still illegal for professional athletes under the WADA code

Nov 11, 2005
Queensland
AFL Club
Carlton
No it hasn't... I've read so many posts of yours peddling this line over the last few pages

It hasn't been approved for human use, you are hanging your hopes on that compound chemist line which means you and I may be able to get our hands on it, but it's still illegal for professional athletes under the WADA code
mxett is arguing for the sake of arguing. I'm just wondering if he has paid for the 5 minute argument or has gone for a course of 10 arguments.

mxett

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
I must admit mxett...im in awe at how far your head is up your @$$. Its really quit extraordionary.

Everything everyone has been saying and you have been resilent in your approach...immovable and unwavering even.

I honestly think that regardless what anyone says...none of us want this to be true...it would hurt much more than just bombers.

I do feel that you are wrong on this one though...admission to a banned substance is pretty bad mate. I dont know if your just being this way to try get under anyones skin, or if you are just blinded by your support.

Keep up the good work though mate. Support the club through thick and thin. They will need people like you in the end.

Just dont see it ending well though. Even if nothing comes of this...bombers HAVE at the least, brought the game into disrepute and you will be penalised for that regardess.
Probably a bit blinded by support yeah. But in reality Essendon really haven't had their chance to speak. What shits me is so many people making up their mind without being open to wait for ALL the facts. I'm open to the truth, I just want to hear it from my club, or at least ASADA, not from Caro.

If my club did deliberately cheat then I'm all for a ban, sackings, everything.

If they negligently cheated, ie didnt follow due process, then they again need punishment

If they followed ASADAs advice as Dank and 2 club doctors have said, I think they should be punished by the afl but players not banned.

I appreciate your candid post

Barry Zuckercorn

Brownlow Medallist
10k Posts
Jul 13, 2006
Parkville
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
#StandByHird
mxett is arguing for the sake of arguing. I'm just wondering if he has paid for the 5 minute argument or has gone for a course of 10 arguments.
I actually think he believes everything he says. Or at the very least trying to convince himself that he believes it.

If he's an actual troll, he'll go down as one of the all time greats.

mxett

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 1, 2007
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon

Never said it wasn't. I was asked if it was legal to inject. The question didnt specify for who

bad setanta

Club Legend
Oct 10, 2011
AFL Club
Carlton

He's been wearing that bombers scarf a bit too tightly round his neck. It's blocked off all the oxygen to the poor kids brain.

scottwade

Premiership Player
Feb 23, 2006
around
AFL Club
Sydney

No he's not.
c480x270_38.jpg

MrRockett24

Team Captain
May 23, 2011
Melbourne
AFL Club
Geelong
Other Teams
Geelong Cats Geelong Cats
Probably a bit blinded by support yeah. But in reality Essendon really haven't had their chance to speak. What shits me is so many people making up their mind without being open to wait for ALL the facts. I'm open to the truth, I just want to hear it from my club, or at least ASADA, not from Caro.

If my club did deliberately cheat then I'm all for a ban, sackings, everything.

If they negligently cheated, ie didnt follow due process, then they again need punishment
If they followed ASADAs advice as Dank and 2 club doctors have said, I think they should be punished by the afl but players not banned.

I appreciate your candid post

Mate...tall poppy syndrome. I fing hate you bombers people...them premierships under sheedy annoyed the hell outa me...plus my mums is bombers and her arrogance inn knowing how good you guys were made it worse.

Was a truly great day for the rest of us AFL teams the sheedy got the brass cos you had finally been brought down to our level. Finally you would know what its like having 5 or 6 coaches before a good one came along.

Whilst we all know this is crap for AFL in general...at least you should hang your head high in knowing that your one of only a couple of clubs that can survive this.

Wouldnt worry about caro or media...they just need to move papers.

Wouldnt worry about bf and us...were all baying for blood cos its something exciting and something that after all your years of success, some comeuppance.

We all had to sit there listening to commentators blow hird every week...in papers too...annoying as anything.

Theres a little darkness in all of us that wants to see it get worse, just to see what happens is all basically.

Forget arguing on here...your not gonna win anything...get out and yell scream and support the club.

* hird, * evans, * the players...its the jumper and club you support.

This crap stand by hird...why not stand by efc.

Since when did any one person become bigger than the club. Hirds an ahole for even being associated with this as he is bringing down your club from the inside. Seems a lot of essendon people are still wanting to blow hird regardless for some unknown reason.

Wear the jumper with pride and tell others to stfu...especially hird. You should be a bit more critical fof these pricks for bringing this upon your club

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back