Essendon confirms to investigators some players took AOD-9604

Status
Not open for further replies.
Like it or not the ball is a liitle bit in Dank's court atm in regards lawsuits. Seems to be in control of what little evidence there is. Think its advisable to AFL, EFC and any other club involved that this plays out through right channels. Anything released to media could be cause for litigation. With seemingly no great hard evidence against him (quoting Baker/McKenzie article today) it would be hard to dispute in court.

Agreed but I still don't think the occasional update from the afl would go astray

The bombers were quite lucky they sacked Danks for going over budget as he is now not obliged to talk to anyone
The law suits of course would change all that you would think - is he all bluff - it really is a game of wait and see
I won't be the least bit surprised if its all done by October

partylikeits1990

Team Captain
Oct 5, 2012
Glenbrook
AFL Club
Collingwood
Other Teams
St George AFC

Thanks for those links Bloodstained.

Robbo's piece is more factually concise and damning than the multiple articles in the Fairfax media. He is clearly describing how much trouble the Bombers are in. Despite his love for the Bombers Robbo is not trying to deny the facts, unlike a couple of Numpty posters in this thread.

The journalism on this issue is all over the shop. Where News Ltd states that "WADA confirmed this week that AOD-9406 was banned" Fairfax is saying that "anti-obesity drug AOD-9604" was "banned on Tuesday" by WADA. There is a big difference.

Sorry - I meant to remove that comment it was not what I was inferring

I was going to say if the club I support is part of all this appalling crap and i dont believe it for a second (recreational is one thing, PEDS are another ball game altogether) then I won't be supporting the coach, the footy department, the board or the doc. I will be devastated but expect them to cop whatever is dished out because that's what will be deserved.

But, I suspect, like Bomber fans, you'd be waiting to see the final result before you withdrew your support?

But, I suspect, like Bomber fans, you'd be waiting to see the final result before you withdrew your support?

I would never withdraw my support for the club but I would expect those allegedly involved to be stood down till it was sorted

I would never withdraw my support for the club but I would expect those allegedly involved to be stood down till it was sorted
Never? What if there was systematic use of banned substances? The club endorsed the use of performance enhancing drugs? The club deliberately lost matches? The club deliberately breached the salary club? You'd be fine with all of these things and would never withdraw your support?

Never? What if there was systematic use of banned substances? The club endorsed the use of performance enhancing drugs? The club deliberately lost matches? The club deliberately breached the salary club? You'd be fine with all of these things and would never withdraw your support?

Never

I meant before you withdrew your support of people involved. Particularly if it were a legend of the Club for example. You'd probably be more inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt until evidence was irrefutable?

I meant before you withdrew your support of people involved. Particularly if it were a legend of the Club for example. You'd probably be more inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt until evidence was irrefutable?

I hear what your saying and agree but I would also hope he would do what was in the best interest of the club. Onviously hird believes his stance is what's right for the bombers

of course and if you wavered the sharp intellect and persuasive powers of pazza and mxett would bring you back on side

the_pill

Senior List
Sep 19, 2005
Melbourne
AFL Club
GWS
Other Teams
Man. UTD, Barcelona, Clippers.
I just googled 'Stephen Dank' and a twitter account for Dank popped up. It wasn't there this morning. I don't have an account but can someone who does please tell me whether its legit? Surely not.

Apr 30, 2006
melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
I just googled 'Stephen Dank' and a twitter account for Dank popped up. It wasn't there this morning. I don't have an account but can someone who does please tell me whether its legit? Surely not.

Welcome to the first stage of becoming a google detective. From here you can move into the world of google law and if you have time (no job or girlfriend/boyfriend) then you might even be able to get to google biochemist level.

Dont forget either support remains in place for the duration of any injunction :D

Have to say I always love how everyone is eager for preemptive action until its actually their club in the gun

Dont forget either support remains in place for the duration of any injunction :D

Have to say I always love how everyone is eager for preemptive action until its actually their club in the gun

o_O I was being genuine. I've been through it, I know what it's like.

o_O I was being genuine. I've been through it, I know what it's like.

Wasn't knocking you - more so the others who have been spamming the "if it was my club I'd be sacking everyone from the mascot up". It never works like that once its your club.

Wasn't knocking you - more so the others who have been spamming the "if it was my club I'd be sacking everyone from the mascot up". It never works like that once its your club.

North Melbourne sacked the greatest player in the history of the game. It can work like that.

It was extremely painful but it was the right thing to do.

North Melbourne sacked the greatest player in the history of the game. It can work like that.

It was extremely painful but it was the right thing to do.

You sacked him only after he was busted with a players missus at a BBQ in front of multiple team mates. It was hardly a tough decision, it was him or them.

Would the club have suspended him if it was only allegations yet to be proven?

Of course not, everyone is going to fight hard to defend their club and won't want to believe it is true.

I'd like to think I could be different but to be honest I'd probably be exactly the same

Feb 11, 2013
AFL Club
North Melbourne
You sacked him only after he was busted with a players missus at a BBQ in front of multiple team mates. It was hardly a tough decision, it was him or them.

Would the club have suspended him if it was only allegations yet to be proven?
At least we're considerate with a scandal. We clean it up, done and dusted before the footy starts. I for one am sick of these media whore clubs who try to derail a season.

Regardless of the findings to come, I will never withdraw my support for Essendon

The club is bigger than the actions/decisions of a few :thumbsu:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back