Autopsy Essendon defeat Freo.

Remove this Banner Ad

Oh and whilst we are on the topic of umpires, dont think those 3 field umpires will get a gig in finals

They favoured the Victorian team and screwed the interstate team. They will definitely get a gig.

Indicative of the season. Showed some signs that we can play at an elite level - just not for long enough. Lacked polished and butchered our chances.

The game really highlighted for me how important the next couple of months are. HUGE trade/draft period coming up. Must get in some players for fill gaps and get it right on draft night.

Plenty to like and various obvious things to work on. In particular the desire to play on an move quickly out of defence was good.

If we don't offer Tabs an extension and plonk him in our starting forward line for basically all of next year regardless of picking up another tall or not then it is a crime. Easily our best forward ATM and clearly should have been getting games ahead of one of Kersten/McCarthy/Cox all year. Not saying to give up on those three but they have to earn a spot by improving the weak areas of their game and also all are the same height with Tabs being a point of difference that we need up there. Cox has to be given the most leeway given his age and how little he has played forward.

Sutty had a surprisingly good game with his dsiposal, not sure how we go with Suban/Sherro and Sutty now.

That vic cheersquad is fun! we got loud during the comeback. Next year.
I am not a fan of cheersquads at all, but I do have to say the Freo mob did a pretty good job at it. Some quality chants could be heard that were clearly a little more sophisticated than your normal run of the mill "Free Oh!" clap clap clap "Ess a dun" clap clap clap rubbish you normally get

I am not a fan of cheersquads at all, but I do have to say the Freo mob did a pretty good job at it. Some quality chants could be heard that were clearly a little more sophisticated than your normal run of the mill "Free Oh!" clap clap clap "Ess a dun" clap clap clap rubbish you normally get

On the uncoordinated side, but Keplar Bradley was a fan favourite - thanks for lend him to us. We used to sing "One Kepler Bradley" to the tune of "Guantanamera" (or as most people would know it, "one tonne rodeo"). Damn, I hope we somehow get a Keplar Bradley Junior into the team so we can dust that off again.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

To the two Freo supporters I had a beer with I'm the Mail Exchange before the game, hope you have a great weekend despite the result. It was a really strong performance after the past two weeks Freo fans and holy s**t how much does Tabener hate us?!!
fylpcMg.gif

Remove this Banner Ad

Back