Essendon District FL U/16's 2014

Remove this Banner Ad

Douttas taking on Keilor at Keilor Park Reserve, just a quick question and I know that the stars beat them comfortably last time at this ground, but isn't it an advantage to Keilor? At least play it somewhere else, not that hard don't you reckon?
I thought the EDFL had a policy of playing finals at neutral grounds. Clearly Keilor have used Keilor Park Reserve as their home ground for juniors this year so the policy seems to be thrown out the window. I'd be happy if they swapped the Div 1 and 3 finals this week around and sent us to Goonawarra again. Its a fair drive but a good surface and truly neutral.

I thought the EDFL had a policy of playing finals at neutral grounds. Clearly Keilor have used Keilor Park Reserve as their home ground for juniors this year so the policy seems to be thrown out the window. I'd be happy if they swapped the Div 1 and 3 finals this week around and sent us to Goonawarra again. Its a fair drive but a good surface and truly neutral.
I think it's a very costly move from the EDFL and I think you mean div 2, though it would be magical to play a prelim final at Windy Hill, hopefully the Grand Finals for division 1 and 2 are played at great grounds. As for this week, I don't know if they can change it but hopefully it doesn't take an effect on douttas. This time last year, douttas 16's fell to Greenvale and then went on to beat Keilor at KP reserve and also went on to win the granny. I don't know about you guys, but I'm sensing a bit of Déjà vu but then again who knows.

My tips are Douttas, Glenroy and Westy in three close ones this week. By the way, has anyone else heard of a scheme they have down at abers where they must give the umpires a Gatorade at half time? Hopefully, the umpires don't sell themselves over a drink lol

My tips are Douttas, Glenroy and Westy in three close ones this week. By the way, has anyone else heard of a scheme they have down at abers where they must give the umpires a Gatorade at half time? Hopefully, the umpires don't sell themselves over a drink lol
what a disgrace. they should instead criticise every decision and whinge from the side lines.
ps - has it ever occured to anyone that if the umpires were respected more, then more would take it up thus increasing the talent pool and resulting in better umpiers?

If Douttas start like they did last week they will blow Keilor away in the 1st qtr.

what a disgrace. they should instead criticise every decision and whinge from the side lines.
ps - has it ever occured to anyone that if the umpires were respected more, then more would take it up thus increasing the talent pool and resulting in better umpiers?

If Douttas start like they did last week they will blow Keilor away in the 1st qtr.
My nephew umpires the kids in under 10's, 12's and 14's and said that he doesn't care about the people on the sidelines and just does what he needs to do. He told me that he only umpires for the money and doesn't look for any approval amongst players, supporters and coaches, but I guess all people are different.

My nephew umpires the kids in under 10's, 12's and 14's and said that he doesn't care about the people on the sidelines and just does what he needs to do. He told me that he only umpires for the money and doesn't look for any approval amongst players, supporters and coaches, but I guess all people are different.
Good to hear your nephew is happy.

AFL is not happy cos umpiering numbers are on the decline, and that will translate into quality of umpiers in the AFL down the track.

May mates son umpired cos he enjoyed it and good way to stay fit. Gave it up cos he stopped enjoying it and found another way to stay fit. Was a very good umpier.

Well, I enjoyed that. Got to Keilor Park at 1/4 time and watched a very good game of footy between two well matched up sides. Some pretty talented kids out there.

Speaking of umpires for a sec, watched an U14 div4 game today at Roxy Park and the young lady did an absolutely tremendous job. Was clear and accurate in her rulings, blew the whistle nice and loud and didn't look hesitant when making a decision. Well done.

Well, I enjoyed that. Got to Keilor Park at 1/4 time and watched a very good game of footy between two well matched up sides. Some pretty talented kids out there.

Speaking of umpires for a sec, watched an U14 div4 game today at Roxy Park and the young lady did an absolutely tremendous job. Was clear and accurate in her rulings, blew the whistle nice and loud and didn't look hesitant when making a decision. Well done.
Wouldnt want to miss the opeining bounce this week. Should be hot early.

fingers crossed for good weather and a close game between the two for a change.

Wouldnt want to miss the opeining bounce this week. Should be hot early.

fingers crossed for good weather and a close game between the two for a change.

My mate is coaching his first Grannie over in the NFL and I always said I'd be there for that if they made it. Kick off at 11.30 so will be touch and go. Depends if I stay for a coke or two.

Good to see all Div 1 games at Windy Hill.

I'm expecting a big crowd for this one, the weather should be spot on for a great game of footy. There will be a big build up to this game and the whole season is on the line for both teams. I agree with keenwatcher, the footy will be red hot early and I'm predicting the play to open up after half time.

Just want to both congratulate and commiserate the Keilor 2 team on a great year. Their game the week before to win against Pacco was very good. Westmeadows best team all year. Well done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I reckon Abers have been to dominant this year and they'll cap it off with a 10 point win. Avondale Heights will stop the good run that Marby has had and they'll win by 30 points.
BOG medal
Div1: Frank Campisi (edsfc)
Div2: Jacob Cutri (ahfc)

There's nothing I like more than watching a really good junior footy side go around and that's exactly what happened today. As much as I wanted Douttas to win, this was a clinical performance by a very good side.

Skilled, brave, and hard at it, it really was a joy to watch this Aberfeldie team. Congrats to them on a fine win.

Couple of good quality games to finish the season on a high note.

14-1's was a cracker going down to the wire - keilor unlucky not to pull off the win. Big effort by Hillside to go through undefeated but would have thought the coaching panel would have been getting rather nervous going into the final term. Big bodies that don't get any smaller got them across the line.

16-1's also a tough, hard game - Abers able to dominate the game after half time again - Concentration on the winning the footy first really paid off and then the outside run & carry blew the Stars away. This Abers group is a very good team - have won 4 Div 1 flags through their era - pretty hard to do I would think. Didn't have the headline names as their opposition but outplayed them to get a deserved win - best team all year.

There's nothing I like more than watching a really good junior footy side go around and that's exactly what happened today. As much as I wanted Douttas to win, this was a clinical performance by a very good side.

Skilled, brave, and hard at it, it really was a joy to watch this Aberfeldie team. Congrats to them on a fine win.
Good to see the best side all season also be the best side on gf day. Great skill level from abers and played in the right junior spirit all season with no late hip and shoulders, dirty tactics etc

Good skill from both sides, nice open game, however the first final b/w the two for me was a better game.

Good to see the best side all season also be the best side on gf day. Great skill level from abers and played in the right junior spirit all season with no late hip and shoulders, dirty tactics etc

Good skill from both sides, nice open game, however the first final b/w the two for me was a better game.
Congrats to Abers they were the best team on the day , shame their coach couldn't keep his hands to himself

Congrats to Abers they were the best team on the day , shame their coach couldn't keep his hands to himself
Don't know what you are trying to imply however there was no protest from the opposition box about any Abers coach staff behaviour - the fracas was basically in the Abers box - not much they could do - surely its better to stop something like that before it escalted any further - thought he did the right thing and got Abers players back on the game really quickly

It was great to watch. Some of the goals they kicked came directly from just flat out terrific team work. It was hard to find a best player because they were all so good on the day. Who was actually judged BOG?

If there was one player from both sides who stood out for me it was, Jake Toa. What a mountain of a kid this boy is. Even in a beaten side he looked really good.

Saw the umpire going off at somebody on the Abers bench telling them they didn't need to get involved. Can't see Douttas making much noise about it. Thought they took the loss really well and were gracious losers.

I do have a question to some Abers people though. I've heard for a couple of years now that the coach of this side takes them every second year and they've now won at Under 10, 12, 14 and 16 under him. Is this right and if so, what does he do on the alternate years?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back