Essendon Drugs Case Makes Govt Form National Sports Integrity Commiss

Remove this Banner Ad

Yep, they are treated differently - but as I said, Collingwood handled it very differently from how the Essendon regime at the time did.
Yep. Positive tests will pretty much force that.

Jan 3, 2012
From the interview room
AFL Club
Richmond
Other Teams
Chelsea FC, Victory, All Blecks,
Collingwood have had more cases, and more players actually suspended than any club.

I do wonder if Eddie would have handled Easendons situation differently.
Not sure about those numbers just saying

Yep. Positive tests will pretty much force that.

Yep, but they have also managed to avoid any serious questions about why they keep having so many positive tests.

Not sure about those numbers just saying

True, Essendon had 34 players suspended.

But Collingwood have had multiple incidents and seem to be avoiding genuine scrutiny.

Mar 11, 2018
AFL Club
Essendon
The real question we have to adresss here folks is the true meaning of the word integrity and how we mere minion supporters can possibly maintain a slither of faith in a government group who are responsible for the disgraceful slander of a 150 year old iconic Australian sporting football club.

I hope you join me in support of my complete and utter condemnation of it all.

Power to the people.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Mar 21, 2016
Down South Corvus Tristis
AFL Club
Adelaide
Other Teams
Sturt, White Sox
3e9.jpg

Must admit this annoys the hell out of me not one Essendon player tested postive and yet those Collingwood players who did test postive didn't cop the same treatment like the Essendon players did.

The whole drug saga was a big joke.
Collingwood wasn't the team with a systemic team-wide doping program.

As windyhill posted

Pies - 3
Dons - 0

Drug doping was a wide league problem at the time opposistion clubs should be kissing Essendons boots for taking one for the comp.
So you quote positive drug tests (hint: you don't need a positive drug test to be found guilty of taking drugs) as a way of somehow absolving yourself, then you practically say that you were doped up to your eyeballs and teams should be thanking you for taking a bullet for them? :$

As windyhill posted

Pies - 3
Dons - 0

Drug doping was a wide league problem at the time opposistion clubs should be kissing Essendons boots for taking one for the comp.

Maaaate.

Sep 2, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Essendon
So you quote positive drug tests (hint: you don't need a positive drug test to be found guilty of taking drugs) as a way of somehow absolving yourself, then you practically say that you were doped up to your eyeballs and teams should be thanking you for taking a bullet for them? :$

Every club was on similar type of program to what Essendon were doing only difference is the rest of the clubs stopped what they were doing once ASADA/Police caught wind with what was going so don’t prentend like the rest of the comp was clean

Sep 15, 2009
Gippsland
AFL Club
Collingwood
Every club was on similar type of program to what Essendon were doing only difference is the rest of the clubs stopped what they were doing once ASADA/Police caught wind with what was going so don’t prentend like the rest of the comp was clean
Why would all the other clubs stop what they were doing if it was all above board?

Or are you saying that Essendon were cheating and all the other clubs were also cheating?

Remove this Banner Ad

Back