Adrian Dodoro

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Last year, St Kilda were interested in Myers from Essendon. Dodoro wanted pick 1 from the Saints and an established player..

Tell me how that's not difficult or unreasonable??

Tell me how that's not made up on the spot u filthy welcher

I know St.Kilda showed some interest in Myers but that was 2013. So it cant have been pick one and he was ruled off limits by Essendon.

But a two minute google search tells us is that Dodo would not even entertain a trade for Myers even if pick 2 was on the table (AFL website and Melbourne football manager imply the Demons at least considered it as in the potential negotiations ... wow).

"On Monday, Demons football manager Josh Mahoney made it quite clear that the club's first-round pick - pick two - was on the trade table, but at the right price. David Myers is someone we've shown some interest in"

"However, Essendon recruiting manager Adrian Dodoro said Myers would be with the Bombers in 2014. He's an Essendon player. He is contracted and won't be going anywhere," Dodoro said.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-07/myers-not-for-sale

Of course it is the clubs right to hold onto a player. But if pick 2 (Kelly, Billings or Bontempelli) was even remotely on the table for Myers, I think every other club bar Essendon would take that deal, throw in extras and run as fast as they could in the other direction

Last edited:

You asked for examples, and examples were provided.
I'm still not seeing it…

I think it fair enough to dig your heals in on required players. Ryder was CONTRACTED and incredibly important. The club was within its rights to make him stay. The deal got done and a compromise was made but I think most Port supporters would be pretty happy with the results whereas most bombers would feel slightly hard done by. Port have priors... They let Nick Stevens go into the pre-season draft and fought tooth and nail to drive a better deal for Burgoyne. Donyou remember their initial posturing and demands?

The Kepler Bradley example is made-up as he was a spud and I think the club would have taken whatever it could get for him… A bit like what it did with Gumbleton.

The Bachar Houlli is equally about Richmond refusing to compromise as it is Essendon. Again they got the better end of the deal as they managed to pick up a player who has played over 100 games for the club and would only put up a pick in the 40's to get him.

I also remember GC demanding Hurley to go with its 1st rounder for Josh Caddy. We countered with Hooker but that wasn't enough...

Respected football personalities such as Leigh Matthews have suggested that they think 5 is a fair trade for Carlisle and to be frank, I respect his opinion more than most of you guys (no offence).

I know St.Kilda showed some interest in Myers but that was 2013. So it cant have been pick one and he was ruled off limits by Essendon.

But a two minute google search tells us is that Dodo would not even entertain a trade for Myers even if pick 2 was on the table.

"On Monday, Demons football manager Josh Mahoney made it quite clear that the club's first-round pick - pick two - was on the trade table, but at the right price. David Myers is someone we've shown some interest in"

"However, Essendon recruiting manager Adrian Dodoro said Myers would be with the Bombers in 2014. He's an Essendon player. He is contracted and won't be going anywhere," Dodoro said.

http://www.afl.com.au/news/2013-10-07/myers-not-for-sale

Of course it is the clubs right to hold onto a player. But if pick 2 (Josh Kelly) was even remotely on the table for Myers, I think every other club bar Essendon would take that deal and run as fast as they could in the other direction

Your logic is s**t. Essentially my point was right in that Dodoro didn't ask for anything ridiculous and in fact he was offered something above market but myers at the time was in our leadership group and an integral part of our midfield so he wasn't on the trade table

St Kilda offered pick two for Myers? I call BS.

Pick 2 for Myers but no pick 5 for Carlisle? I think there is a little truth bending going on there or maybe a few of the key details have been left out.

This is the total number of trades completed by each club since the introduction of the draft.

Club
Picks Trades
Maybe the fact that the number of trades by Essendon is substantially lower than everyone else is just coincidence???​

This is the total number of trades completed by each club since the introduction of the draft.

Club
Picks Trades
Maybe the fact that the number of trades by Essendon is substantially lower than everyone else is just coincidence???​

Be fair. Fitzroy, GWS and Gold Coast have done less.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Club
Picks Trades
Gws at 50% of picks to trades. Lol

I remember Connolly on radio earlier in the year talking about this, and stating that Essendon had never gotten out of the mentality that they have to win a trade, whereas most clubs that get regular trades done (WC, Geelong, Hawthorn) always look to strike a deal that benefits both sides.

No idea if this was just his opinion or from his media knowledge.

Rather than actually trying to get a deal done, instead going with Port to allow special dispensation to declare Ryder a free agent and then also demand Port trade for him at the same time in order to get two first rounders?

Tell me how that's not made up on the spot u filthy welcher
Lol

Anyways

Before Dodoros time IIRC, they offered us Darren Walsh and a 2nd rounder for Scott West in 2004 (might have been 03).

West was coming off a heap of AA years, the arrogance has really evolved from there.

My personal favourite was when they offered up Darren Walsh (who was just delisted) and their 2nd round pick for a 30yo Scott West fresh off his 4th or 5th B&F.

Lol

Anyways

Before Dodoros time IIRC, they offered us Darren Walsh and a 2nd rounder for Scott West in 2004 (might have been 03).

West was coming off a heap of AA years, the arrogance has really evolved from there.

I don't dispute we have been hard to deal with at times but people just make s**t up to suit this agenda

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back