Essendon
Other Teams
Atlanta Falcons/Winnipeg Jets

Groin guru

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
We wanted Polec. You bastards.
Too bad you had to pay more for a poorer run and carry midfielder.

Sos wanted to recruited Ahern as one of the underage talents but the AFL refused to sign off on it. Got Shiel instead. Imagine getting Shiel for two first rounders and Ahern for pick 69. Dodoro...draft wizard...

Red Black and Blue

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
I ran it through image rejuvenation software and it has Kerridge circled for an Essendon pick. That hard nut insider you're after given Shiel is about as tough as Heppell.
And with all your hard nuts you still lost the contested possessions and clearances against us. Imagine how easily we’d do you if we ever got a hard nut...

DapperJong

Hall of Famer
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Juventus
Too bad you had to pay more for a poorer run and carry midfielder.

Sos wanted to recruited Ahern as one of the underage talents but the AFL refused to sign off on it. Got Shiel instead. Imagine getting Shiel for two first rounders and Ahern for pick 69. Dodoro...draft wizard...
Polec is a C grader who just happened to kick two cool goals. I am surprised north got fooled by this.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
I ran it through image rejuvenation software and it has Kerridge circled for an Essendon pick. That hard nut insider you're after given Shiel is about as tough as Heppell.
Don’t need to be very tough to get one over the pea hearts that play at North

Groin guru

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
And with all your hard nuts you still lost the contested possessions and clearances against us. Imagine how easily we’d do you if we ever got a hard nut...
Misleading. North typically opt for less around the ball due to Cunnington's strengths and go with a spare defender. Head to head Essendon get swatted in the contested game.

Groin guru

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Polec is a C grader who just happened to kick two cool goals. I am surprised north got fooled by this.
Heppell is a c-grader that just happens to have cool hair. Kind of like how everyone overrates Gawn because of the beard, Daisy when he had longer hair, and Maric because he had a mullet.

Red Black and Blue

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Everton, Storm, Victory
Misleading. North typically opt for less around the ball due to Cunnington's strengths and go with a spare defender. Head to head Essendon get swatted in the contested game.
Centre clearance were only plus one in your favour, for all your supposed dominance with even numbers. You just have far too many deficiencies outside of the midfield you have to tie everything back to winning clearances. We can easily lose that and still beat the crap out of sides with intercept or pressure or run and carry. Not one trick ponies.

Snake_Baker

L'enfant terrible
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Unicornia Reactants
Centre clearance were only plus one in your favour, for all your supposed dominance with even numbers. You just have far too many deficiencies outside of the midfield you have to tie everything back to winning clearances. We can easily lose that and still beat the crap out of sides with intercept or pressure or run and carry. Not one trick ponies.

Yeah, with Jacobs out and your mids double teaming Cunnington, you got some decent numbers.

Don't kid yourself in to believing that will happen next season.

You got Shiel, we got Tyson, who are both just as adequate in the centre square (4-ish/match clearance players)

Only difference is we paid with a back up ruckman, and you sold the farm.

Groin guru

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Brown > Daniher
Tarrant > Hurley

Pressure...lol. Your style has nothing to do with pressure. Just outside run. Basically touch footy.

Snake_Baker

L'enfant terrible
AFL Club
North Melbourne
Other Teams
The Unicornia Reactants
Brown > Daniher
Tarrant > Hurley

Pressure...lol. Your style has nothing to do with pressure. Just outside run. Basically touch footy.
True, but I am going to concede that they will be one of the big beneficiaries of the rule changes.

I think they'll make the top 8.

Great8

Brownlow Medallist
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Manchester United, Juventus,
Ironically, every time one of your supporters try to point this out to me in person.................they end up fainting.

Very strange.
I’d faint too at the amount of methane you sprout fron your mouth.
Funny how our soft as butter mids embarrassed you faux tough mids.
Even more ironic that in Polec you just gained the softest player in the league

Groin guru

Norm Smith Medallist
AFL Club
North Melbourne
True, but I am going to concede that they will be one of the big beneficiaries of the rule changes.

I think they'll make the top 8.
They definitely will. It caters to their pace and lack of contact style. The AFL want's fun, excitement, and zero contact - western and essendon will love it.

Top Bottom