Adrian Dodoro

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
And why did the saga take so long, Mr Reducto ad Absurdum. :think:
And FYI no I didn't care too much about you guys getting pick 1, and I don't believe McGrath is the sort of player you'd hope to take at pick 1. I just don't see a lot of upside in him but that might be just me.
Name calling- good to see you continje to devolve ....
Because litigious and administrative processes take forever, the investigation took ages by ASADA, Essendon appealed, twice and a myriad of other circumstances and incidents.

Im not even saying the outcome is not deserved FFS, you just went full melt when i mentioned that we had a nickname for a process that had something to do with ASADA and the fact it took a long time - which it undoubtedly did

Regardless, i obviously am not going to change your mind, you seem convinved that Dodoro has done very little right and i contend that while he has plenty of work to do, his supposed short comings are -at times- overblown due to reasons that i dont think are realistic. Whatever i suppose.

Empirical evidence would suggest these threads have hardly been done.
I wasn't trying to troll or suggest he's useless, just wondering why he is so highly regarded. Results are lacking.
Do list managers or coaches win finals though?
If its list managers, why do the hawks list crew get poached less than the coaches?

Surely it's about building a list that can win enough to get you there.
After that, it's over to the coaches to take them the next step

Name calling- good to see you continje to devolve ....
Because litigious and administrative processes take forever, the investigation took ages by ASADA, Essendon appealed, twice and a myriad of other circumstances and incidents.

Im not even saying the outcome is not deserved FFS, you just went full melt when i mentioned that we had a nickname for a process that had something to do with ASADA and the fact it took a long time - which it undoubtedly did

Regardless, i obviously am not going to change your mind, you seem convinved that Dodoro has done very little right and i contend that while he has plenty of work to do, his supposed short comings are -at times- overblown due to reasons that i dont think are realistic. Whatever i suppose.

Well I acknowledged Dodoro was good for a while there. Had his challenges. Think he has struggled of late, but that's my opinion. Think we are actually reaching common ground on Dodoro to be honest. You just aren't aware of it.

Cant really be blamed when a team that showed late in the season they can play good football played shocking football in the first 8 rounds

A team that beats the eagles comprehensively in WA (who had a free kick count higher than their score) and loses to carlton doesnt have a list problem in so much as it had a coaching one

Dodoro isn't the reason we finished out of the 8

I agree. Essendon have gone backwards this year and to me its a bit of a suprise given their 2017 trade period..

Smith and Saad have probably been the recruits of the year and looking at those deals closer, Dodoro nailed them.

String I'm not so sure about. They need to be a stronger team for him to excel, he is the cream, is 25 and 30 a bit of a price too high? There were some decent kids available around then last year... I think that one might of been a mistake.

They're putting together a pretty good list given their penalties, the coaching and the players' consistency is what is letting them down.

Not sure why Stringer keeps copping criticism. Has been a solid contributor with flashes of brilliance since having a poor start to the year. Stringers recruitment was also never about 2018 given the turmoil he faced last year it was more about just getting back to footy.

It's hard not to be excited to see what he can do when he gets to play a full season alongside Daniher and Fantasia.

You got an end of 1st round back in 14 so the many lost draft picks ended up at 2. If that is his get out of jail free card then he is a very lucky man.

How many years has this list been the most promising? Finishing 11th is a big fail.

With Daniher effectively out the whole year? Plus Fantasia missed a lot of games as well.

Imagine North this season with our draw and no Brown or Ziebell? Would’ve been bottom four.

Our first rounders Langford, Parish, McGrath and Francis all shown improvement. Saad, Smith and Stringer are only 23-24.

Failure? Anything but.

I agree. Essendon have gone backwards this year and to me its a bit of a suprise given their 2017 trade period..

Smith and Saad have probably been the recruits of the year and looking at those deals closer, Dodoro nailed them.

String I'm not so sure about. They need to be a stronger team for him to excel, he is the cream, is 25 and 30 a bit of a price too high? There were some decent kids available around then last year... I think that one might of been a mistake.

They're putting together a pretty good list given their penalties, the coaching and the players' consistency is what is letting them down.
30 goals and a part time clearance player for 25 and 30 are well worth it IMO.
Had we snagged worpel we’d be even better but Myers and Langford just got going. A full season of the form we’ve shown late this year plus Daniher plus whatever comes our way in the off season (Wallis and Shiel would be a awesome). This might just be the dip we need to sort things out and get competitive

Adrian "Hollywood" Dodoro. Nobody riles up the nuffies quite like him.

Killed it last off-season. Brought in 2 of the recruits of the year. Poor coaching in the early part of the year was to blame for our lackluster season. Our list is in fine shape.

Best under 25 list in the comp according to champion data

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Anyone even bothered to broach the small issue of him not being head of recruiting for the better part of the last decade?
I heard they tried to make him head of recruiting a while ago but they couldn't agree on a salary because Dodoro is hard to deal with.

Aaron Francis rising star nom.

Thanks Dodo.

I think he definitely has runs on the board but Essendon haven't been relevant for 15 years (like us). I think next few years are massive for him because he has assembled what appears to be a pretty decent list but if there's no success then at some point his position has to be questioned.

I’ll take your apology in writing Wild Bill

One recruit (who isn’t a mid apparently) made the All Australian squad
One recruit leads our goal kicking playing a pseudo fwd/mid role whilst the third recruit once again led the game in running bounces.

We may not be as dominant contested as we need to but being one of the most attacking teams in the comp shows it’s not an absolute must. Geelong were well down on clearances iirc so it isn’t the be all and end all

I’ll take your apology in writing Wild Bill

One recruit (who isn’t a mid apparently) made the All Australian squad
One recruit leads our goal kicking playing a pseudo fwd/mid role whilst the third recruit once again led the game in running bounces.

We may not be as dominant contested as we need to but being one of the most attacking teams in the comp shows it’s not an absolute must. Geelong were well down on clearances iirc so it isn’t the be all and end all

yEaH But YoU dIdnT WiN GraND FiNaL

Take our last 14 games (10 wins, 4 losses - all losses were to top 4 sides) compared to our first 8 (2 wins, 6 losses - played 3 top 8 sides in that period)

Jekyll and Hyde team. Our results can't be attributed to our list team. Perhaps if there was a mid-season draft/trade period to point to in the turnaround.

Quite happy with the 22 we could field in 2019.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back