Adrian Dodoro

Remove this Banner Ad

Status
Not open for further replies.
Surely we be looking at Cam Ellis-Yolmen

Adelaide won seven of its 10 games with Ellis-Yolmen in the side this season and Champion Data shows he averaged career-high disposals (23.5), contested possessions (12.3), groundball gets (9.8) and tackles (5.6) with above-average ratings.

He had 30 disposals and a goal against reigning premier West Coast in Round 10 and 26 and seven clearances against Richmond in Round 13.

Is heading for the exit at the Crows get him to the club Adrian.

Last edited:

I think it's either worsfold or dodo that are at fault. Dodo is either not recruiting what they need or that worsfold doesn't like inside mids and has told dodo what he wants. None of what they traded in is good as inside mid or can't do it consistently enough.

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app

I think it's either worsfold or dodo that are at fault. Dodo is either not recruiting what they need or that worsfold doesn't like inside mids and has told dodo what he wants. None of what they traded in is good as inside mid or can't do it consistently enough.

On SM-G977B using BigFooty.com mobile app
Woosha has only been there a few years
Last decent inside mid we drafted was a Father/Son we couldn't overlook when Sheeds was topping up for another flag.

We also develop talent pretty poorly, so there is a school of thought Dodoro is doing his best with what he has.

Personally the club has many issues
Dodoro is one of them but not the only one.
He has built an incredibly unbalanced list, missing depth in key areas.

Fitness
Selections
Game Plan
List balance
General skill and standards of effort

Overall, we're fairly amateur.

He is lucky to still be in a job. He is very lucky to receive the strange reverence he does from some Essendon fans. But in his slight defence, it’s not his fault that Essendon’s playing list have been inconsistent in their effort and intent for years.

Wow, I just realised you didn't tick a single draftee taken after 30.

You'd almost have to try to have that little success if you were picking purely at random surely.
Wow, and how did David Myers get a tick as a top 10 draft pick? Daniher a father-son who was expected to go number 1. Should not have got the 1st pick in 2016.

But seriously, I hope the bombers stick with the Dodo. Has been doing great things for them.

He would suit the range of draft picks the dons have available atm.
More picks may arrive if Daniher and Francis depart.

I wouldn’t mind Francis at Collingwood (as long as he is in the right frame of mind). The kid obviously hasn’t been able to get the best out of himself apart from a handful of games.

Maybe Scharenberg for Francis?

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Jobe wasnt drafted as an inside mid though. He only moved after he failed as a key forward.
Fair point. But he did turn out to be a good genuine inside mid
Maybe that explains Langford
Take a forward, put #4 on his back, hey presto!

Need to make some moves in this area.
Or get the preseason required into stringer to be able to start at the centre stoppages and play 60:40 mid/fwd time.

Swans gave up gresham for pretty much nothing

We lost carlisle only, and gained morgan and francis

Parish and redman were our own picks

I said technically because we had back to back picks and took Morgan first. We’d already acquired the other one from Melksham to Melbourne. So if we hadn’t the additional selection from the Saints trade we wouldn’t have had Redman but still would have had Morgan.

Is Dodo right or is he just being unnecessarily difficult?

Whether or not you think clubs should be allowed to talk to players under contract, it obviously happens league wide as players/clubs want to shore up their futures early rather than a mad rush during trade week only.

As a list manager himself, Dodoro would know this and there's zero doubt he would also talk to contracted players at other clubs during the season. Directly or indirectly.

TOP HAWK GOES WHACK
Tensions are rising between clubs on day one of the Telstra AFL Trade Period, a couple of list managers clashing over club conduct.

Hawks list manager Graham Wright has hit out at Essendon list boss Adrian Dodoro's suggestion that clubs shouldn't meet with players from other teams during the season.

Asked if he had an issue with opposition clubs (read: Sydney) meeting with players (read: Daniher) halfway through the year, Dodoro didn't mince his words on Trade Radio this morning. "Personally, I do."

Wright made his feelings clear, calling Dodoro's stance "immature and silly". Oof.

Is Dodo right or is he just being unnecessarily difficult?

Whether or not you think clubs should be allowed to talk to players under contract, it obviously happens league wide as players/clubs want to shore up their futures early rather than a mad rush during trade week only.

As a list manager himself, Dodoro would know this and there's zero doubt he would also talk to contracted players at other clubs during the season. Directly or indirectly.

TOP HAWK GOES WHACK
Tensions are rising between clubs on day one of the Telstra AFL Trade Period, a couple of list managers clashing over club conduct.

Hawks list manager Graham Wright has hit out at Essendon list boss Adrian Dodoro's suggestion that clubs shouldn't meet with players from other teams during the season.

Asked if he had an issue with opposition clubs (read: Sydney) meeting with players (read: Daniher) halfway through the year, Dodoro didn't mince his words on Trade Radio this morning. "Personally, I do."

Wright made his feelings clear, calling Dodoro's stance "immature and silly". Oof.

Who to believe?

A successful list manager with a track record of building premiership winning lists, or Adrian Dodoro?

Do you honestly believe that Dodo didn't meet with ANY of Saad, Stringer, Smith or Shiel through the year before each respective trade period?
Smith and Saad we're coming out of contract so naturally they would explore options.
Shiel and GWS muturally agreed that he would seek a move home with another year of contract left.
Stringer was pushed out by the club, i dont think anyone knew (or Stringer himself) was going to be up for trade that year. That's why it was a close race between Geelong and Essendon.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back