Essendon fans booing.

Come off it Telsor - poor comment.
Pies led all day - bombers got two freebie goals from the umps.
Yes we nearly blew it and had our chances to ice the game, but Dylan Shiels mistakes in the last few minutes were equally telling.
Boo the umpires - not the player receiving an award - piss poor from the Bombers supporters on this occasion.

The game was close - we can't play the Tigers every week;)

One eyed Collingwood fans all saying umpiring was even...Is there a surer sign that they were kissed on the dick?

Jul 14, 2005
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Chelsea FC
Pretty much the residual effect of chiding supporters for booing: Watson, Goodes, Ablett etc - supporters just boo louder and with less and less purpose.

Knox Harrington

Club Legend
May 27, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Deflection - that was inappropriate too I didn't boo but I didn't approve - but your supporters let themselves down today.
The best defense is offense ey - bring up other examples but don't admit the shitty act today.
Hope it doesn't set the standard for ANZAC Days to come.
Try and say the most offensive things to hide the truth of what your supporters did.
As for scumbags - Remember your membership motto "Whatever it takes" - still don't know what they took eh. Your supporters are still trying to justify that one too.;)
No positive drug tests here.

How about Lachie keeffe and that drug cheat Josh thomas?

nylexbandit

Premiership Player
Mar 17, 2009
AFL Club
Essendon
Nor Tippa throwing it to Joey over his head, or Joey tackling Moore as he went to kick after a mark (50 everyday of the week)

Last quarter went Essendon’s way, no doubt as an evener for earlier.
If you want that Tippa one a throw, then treloar had 20 missed. Not to mention the Pendlebury one in the first that magically went at right angles and led to a goal

Stax on the mill

Norm Smith Medallist
Jul 13, 2008
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
In 2017 when Melbourne knocked off Collingwood on Queens Birthday, the booing of umpires at the end of the game was loud enough to drown out the Melbourne song.

Bit rich of Collingwood supporters to have a go.
At least they confined their booing to the villains ( umpires). They didn’t put on a disgraceful performance directed at an ornament of the game. You’ve totally and deliberately missed the point.

Wolfgang West

Norm Smith Medallist
Jun 22, 2009
melbourne
AFL Club
Sydney
Pies were the first and continually the worst supporters who booed Goodes. Hate it when it happens to their players.

Sooky supporters. Can bet they will boo other players in the future.

Why does the double standards surprise You ? 95% of their supporter base the majority on here wanted their coach sacked not before stoning him to death first and now he is the second coming of Christ. Having said that makes me sick when complete morons boo champions because they are just that. Champions. Ridiculous.

The Filth

Premiership Player
Feb 18, 2009
Essendon
AFL Club
Collingwood
Eddie's had bananas and been booed after kicking a brilliant goal. The vicco media didn't carry on then like this. As for the brownlow, moving the goal posts much? Racism obviously I say boo to that. Booing Eddie in his 300th? Knock your **** off. Couldn't care less. If it gets under a players skin they are mentally weak. It's a boo.
Well it was better than the marbles and ballbearings that were thrown at me wearing a Pies scarf to one of the Crows earliest games I suppose.
They have a habit of throwing things in SA - the banana thrown at Eddie was from a Port supporter.

Adz

Brownlow Medallist
Aug 17, 2003
Melbourne
AFL Club
Collingwood
93F77D32-55C4-43D3-A9D0-32A8BC8AAFE3.jpeg

Nov 8, 2016
AFL Club
Western Bulldogs
I don’t think many people want booing actually banned. If you choose to do it though, you leave yourself open to be criticised for it though, if the circumstances warrant it.

It’s like the Folau thing... you can say what you want, but you invite a response.
Because weak manipulation techniques like the comment above worked so well in limiting the booing with Goodes..

If this type of rhetoric becomes more common expect booing to become a meme in response.

He didn’t actually lecture them- he just pointed out how ordinary it was. Good for him. Hopefully he’d do the same if it were a Pies crowd doing so.
Ps saw replay of Daniher mark- I got it wrong and fair enough to call me stupid for that.

All good mate.

Sent from my iPad using righteous Bhodi manpower

Tushay

All Australian
Apr 11, 2017
AFL Club
Carlton
Wrong day to be booing. Shows a complete lack of class and respect for the occasion.

And booing Pendlebury? Seriously, he's a proper sportsman who doesn't deserved to be booed.

Thought Buckley handled it well. Presumably he'll be booed next time.

But we'll cheer Jimmy, and mock the fact that players were injected with unknown substances from Mexico by turning up in Mexican gear.

The visuals of these fans booing on TV was poor too.

Still waiting for a statement from them. Maybe Demetriou needs to make a call.

Either disassociate your game from ANZAC day or stop booing. Can't have it both ways, Essendon fans. I much prefer the first option. As it is absolutely disgraceful booing ANZAC medal presentation.
LOL.

I reckon booing is for w***ers.

What is worse is the holier than thou types who come in and pontificate about it. It is just as bad, if not worse.

Take your sanctomonies somewhere else please.

Back