Essendon fans booing.

Remove this Banner Ad

The booing by Bombers fans during the Anzac Day Medal presentation to Scott Pendlebury has been declared as “Essendon’s shame” by AFL 360’s Mark Robinson.

And his co-host Gerard Whateley believes the fans that booed during the ceremony “didn’t live the national character that we believe is part of Anzac”.

Just to prove how clueless Whateley is. The Anzacs were notoriously insubordinate and defined themselves as "we cannot shoot, we don't salute, what bloody good are we". Probably closer in Anzac spirit to boo, than not to boo.

Intriguing bit of this article, was that brothels were officially off limits, ''at least seven of Australia's 60 Victoria Cross recipients contracted VD'' (remembering, it's a time before Penicillin) https://www.smh.com.au/national/por...d-in-booze-brawls-and-sex-20100801-111f3.html

Hmmmm....where do I start...
Winmar at Victoria Park
Reiwoldt at the Parade in 2010 and then the aftermatch speech
Milne many times over many years
Shuey last years grand final presentation
There would be many more over the years.
The point is Collingwood people are in no position to lecturing anyone.
Pretty simple really

St.kilda hahaha you have to f joking
Daicos at Moorabin.
You talking sh*te about the treatment of Reiwoldt,
Milne - I think every club and decent person had a word about that top bloke
Shuey - again BS - maybe the odd few clowns
simple isnt it

Just to prove how clueless Whateley is. The Anzacs were notoriously insubordinate and defined themselves as "we cannot shoot, we don't salute, what bloody good are we". Probably closer in Anzac spirit to boo, than not to boo.

Intriguing bit of this article, was that brothels were officially off limits, ''at least seven of Australia's 60 Victoria Cross recipients contracted VD'' (remembering, it's a time before Penicillin) https://www.smh.com.au/national/por...d-in-booze-brawls-and-sex-20100801-111f3.html

The nation of uncouthness.

St.kilda hahaha you have to f joking
Daicos at Moorabin.
You talking sh*te about the treatment of Reiwoldt,
Milne - I think every club and decent person had a word about that top bloke
Shuey - again BS - maybe the odd few clowns
simple isnt it

Alan "they're alright if they act like white people" McAlister. Scum.

The Collingwood banner being a big dummy for Michael Long after he reported Monkhurst for racially abusing him.

whilst you are posting clips , can you show us Guelfis free right in front of goal.

No doubt there may have been a few go Essendon's way, but you'd have to be an idiot or just trolling to not admit that Collingwood got a ride today. I can admit that I feel Essendon got lucky with a number of calls against Brisbane. You just look stupid if you say otherwise about today's game. It was a game with less than a kick in it and the umpires had a huge say. You can bank the four points, but don't lie.

At the end of the day, who does care?

Apparently alot of talking head morons in the media and the general softcocks that is the modern society at large seem to care, until the next week/day/second when something else outrages them.

Gerard Whateley can stand on his soap box about everything all he likes, but I don't think anyone stops to care. And nor should they.

And if Pendles doesn't care, I have no idea why anyone would as you said.

No doubt there may have been a few go Essendon's way, but you'd have to be an idiot or just trolling to not admit that Collingwood got a ride today. I can admit that I feel Essendon got lucky with a number of calls against Brisbane. You just look stupid if you say otherwise about today's game. It was a game with less than a kick in it and the umpires had a huge say. You can bank the four points, but don't lie.
So you dont want to post it then, also Baguleys free in front of goal. Thats at least 2 frees in front of goal, out of 10 in total, you were robbed....zzzz

No that was James caught in a scandal and attempted suicide twice. He made mistakes, but he is not a racist piece of s**t like your ex-president and the members of your cheer squad.
Racism was rife at Windy Hill, daicos , starcevich got so much abuse all the time there.
keep up your booing during presentations if that makes you feel tough, well done.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

I can accept plenty of those being bad calls, but the Moore one is in no way a free kick. Zero prior opportunity and the ball knocked out in the tackle. They've been paying it as play on literally all year. Like it or hate it, dropping the ball has only been a thing with prior opportunity.

Can we stop caring about booing. It's a non-issue.
Problem is some people seem to care a lot and if we don't keep booing now, they won't get the message. I expect plenty of booing at remaining matches towards anything and everyone lol . Don't let me down fellow boo-urnsers!!!

There shouldn't be an ANZAC medal
Exactly. It's a problem of the afls own making. The afl try and get in on the emotion and remembrance day of Anzac day, while making mega bucks from it, naming a medal called the Anzac medal, and the media get offended when the crowd boos the winner of said medal. No one booed the anzacs, no one booed the at the dawn service, no one booed during the afls contrived "service" for those too lazy or that didn't care enough to attend dawn services and just wanted to go to the footy. They did boo at the footy however. If the afl and media want to pretend the footy and Anzac day are now intrinsically linked they are kidding themselves. And a few punters here obviously.

That's why it's getting misconstrued, because the afl named a medal the Anzac medal. The booing would have occurred if the medal was called the Charlie sheen medal. It was footy. Not a dawn service.

Every Essendon v Collingwood game I go to all the Essendon fans do is boo!! They are experts at it!!

But to boo a champion is disgusting. Shame on you Essendon
What about Collingwood supporters booing Riewoldt at the 2010 grand final parade for daring to make the grand final? Is Pendlebury the only champion in football?

It's just not needed but unfortunately these days the bad sportsmanship of supporters is a reflection of the atrocious standards of our society.

The human race is ******.
As compared to the past when everyone in society was racist, domestic violence rates were multiple fold higher, everyone smoked and people looked at those in a lower social class with contempt. Lets return to those days.

What about Collingwood supporters booing Riewoldt at the 2010 grand final parade for daring to make the grand final? Is Pendlebury the only champion in football?
Or collingwood supporters boing ablett 4 weeks ago.

Everyone knows it's ok when they do it! ;)

Yeah that was wrong too - I didn't boo but I don't make excuses for those who did either.

Perhaps you would like Riewoldts view on the Essendon booing:
“In the post-game, the five or 10 minutes when we’re here to celebrate Anzac Day, for it to carry on like it did … we’ve got to be better than that,” Riewoldt said.

or maybe Dunstall - another champion
"I just think we’re condoning inappropriate behaviour though. If I’m taking my kids to the footy, I want to teach them the right things about sportsmanship,” Dunstall responded.
"Yeah really disappointed that we’ve lost, but I’m not going to boo the winners because that’s sour grapes.”

Poor sports - sooks - disrespectful...not all Essendon supporters BTW.

Plenty of emotion in this thread, nearly as much the game had yesterday. Good read.

Also agree with the booing probably shouldn’t have booed at that time but hindsight is a wonderful thing. See it’s that emotion thing again, the stuff that makes people do stupid things and post like s**t. Like in this thread.

Nothing wrong with the booing. Good on them for taking a stand against blatant match fixing.
But why boo Pendlebury? Unless in your twisted logic you believe he was part of a conspiracy.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back