Oppo Camp Essendon FC verdict: Tuesday 31st of March.

Essendon FC outcome: are they guilty or innocent?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Remove this Banner Ad

ABC interview with Hird

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-17/james-hird/7094054

Still saying the players have done nothing wrong. Has he not read the judgment? CAS did not say they deliberately took illegal drugs. They didn't take the precautions to check like they have to do under the code

Also queries why Dank would provide illegal supplements. IIRC in that interview with Dank he says he gave them TB4, then when he's told it's banned he says that must have only been a recent decision, then he calls the journo later and says I didn't mean TB4 I meant thymosin

So maybe he didn't do it intentionally either. But the Panel says there was enough evidence that it happened anyway

Doesn't the ABC journalist think to put this stuff to Hird??

Sounds like the Hird/Holmes interview was actually worse than people expected.

Quite stunning really. Apparently it took 45 minutes for TB4 to actually get mentioned by either of them.
Holmes just did irreparable damage to what was left of her journalism career.

I can't think of a more pathetic interview.

Hird - only dank knows what the players took - I don't know - but they must be innocent... Nothing to see in the cas report.

Hird apologised for trusting others who made big mistakes... The same others who he had hundreds of texts with about the injecting program... But he wasn't responsible because they reported to the footy manager.

Was purely a fluff piece that anyone who has read the cas report knows hird was up to his neck on the program & Holmes didn't ask any hard hitting questions despite so many to ask.

St James has said since the beginning the truth would come out & set him & the players free... Yet now he finally he had his opportunity - nothing, nada, nothing... Yes, he has been bullshitting the whole time. Hopefully most of his loyal followers are now wiser that he is a complete scumbag who has ruined their club.

Ah, that hard-hitting ABC. Aren't they just magnificent paragons of journalism!

Robbo had it right on his Twitter. "Who told the players not to tell ASADA about injections."

If you're not going to ask James Hird that, you might as well be talking to him about cake recipes.

I didn't think it was too bad. Ok it wasn't hard hitting, but she asked a lot of sensible questions and allowed him to answer them.

I missed it last night, didn't realise it was on ABC 24 till after it was finished - Grand Designs was nice though

If one of the commercial channels wants to run that rubbish, go for it.

But the ABC is run by my tax dollars. They can * right off if they're spending it to run such rubbish.

Please god let 4 Corners come out and absolutely bitch-slap the entire thing.

Ah, that hard-hitting ABC. Aren't they just magnificent paragons of journalism!

Robbo had it right on his Twitter. "Who told the players not to tell ASADA about injections."

If you're not going to ask James Hird that, you might as well be talking to him about cake recipes.
Yes even Robbo with his bombers-tinted glasses would have asked harder hitting questions, if it's obvious to him then it's obvious to all

Suspect hird only did the interview on the basis that tough questions didn't get asked. At which point the ABC should have said no.

Just like Rob Chapman in the Tippett affair. :(
To be fair even Rucci said if the Tippett truth came out the Crows would look a lot better.

There were rumours that Tippett threatened legal action if the club made public all of the truth and they just wanted it to go away.

And they will waste more money that they dont currently have. At this stage the players suing the club will hemorrhage it.
And then the AFL will bail the bombers out, by which I mean us (the supporters of all the other clubs). Makes you sick.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

Hird - only dank knows what the players took - I don't know - but they must be innocent... Nothing to see in the cas report.

Hird apologised for trusting others who made big mistakes... The same others who he had hundreds of texts with about the injecting program... But he wasn't responsible because they reported to the footy manager.

Was purely a fluff piece that anyone who has read the cas report knows hird was up to his neck on the program & Holmes didn't ask any hard hitting questions despite so many to ask.

St James has said since the beginning the truth would come out & set him & the players free... Yet now he finally he had his opportunity - nothing, nada, nothing... Yes, he has been bullshitting the whole time. Hopefully most of his loyal followers are now wiser that he is a complete scumbag who has ruined their club.

If she had any credibility at a serious journalist, she wouldn't have been given the opportunity by Hird to interview him.

You may not have seen this video .....questions from the audience

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2016-01-18/james-hird-answers-questions-from-the-audience/7096276

What i don't understand is .....Hird goes to great lengths to say the Coach should not be involved in the Sports Science dept, doesn't want it & feels it's inappropriate ....

WHY ? then did he involve himself so centrally in this issue .....court battles, media abuse

Surely it should have been the football Manager responsible ....and Hird should have been lurking in the background IF HE DID AS HE SAID and wasn't over seeing it .......
upload_2016-1-18_20-27-9.png

upload_2016-1-18_20-28-14.png

Last edited:
I didn't think it was too bad. Ok it wasn't hard hitting, but she asked a lot of sensible questions and allowed him to answer them.
No, he provided her with questions that he was prepared to answer... and she very rarely followed up any answer with another question. When she did, he got flustered.

To be fair even Rucci said if the Tippett truth came out the Crows would look a lot better.

There were rumours that Tippett threatened legal action if the club made public all of the truth and they just wanted it to go away.
It was more annoying because they all said we'd know the truth at the end but then clammed up.

I missed it last night, didn't realise it was on ABC 24 till after it was finished - Grand Designs was nice though

If one of the commercial channels wants to run that rubbish, go for it.

But the ABC is run by my tax dollars. They can **** right off if they're spending it to run such rubbish.

Please god let 4 Corners come out and absolutely bitch-slap the entire thing.
They did a brilliant job on the NRL sex scandals and the lies told and how there was a massive cover up. I think we need a doco that not only summarizes th e drugs fiasco but highlights all the wrong doings by the Essendon football club and AFL. Don't be surprised to see such a tell all doco come out prior to start of the 2O16 season. In all intense and purposes this is still then off season and a non ratings period on TV.

They did a brilliant job on the NRL sex scandals and the lies told and how there was a massive cover up. I think we need a doco that not only summarizes th e drugs fiasco but highlights all the wrong doings by the Essendon football club and AFL. Don't be surprised to see such a tell all doco come out prior to start of the 2O16 season. In all intense and purposes this is still then off season and a non ratings period on TV.
I think they need a truckload of cash to get the main players in the saga to tell their story, looks like a little person has already bought their silence though.

Telemovie or miniseries may join the dots and have an interesting court case to try to burry the truth, just think how well that went for Gina Slimeheart when she won but looked worse than if she kept her mouth shut.

Back