Essendon Finals Win Drought - When will it end ?

Remove this Banner Ad

Jul 25, 2019
AFL Club
Carlton
Other Teams
Leeds United
As some of you may know, today mark's 7000 calendar days since Essendon's last final's win.

I am curious as to when we all think this dubious stat will end, given the wealth of resources the EFC has and their resources, its really inexplicable that a club of that stature has never been able to achieve one solitary finals win in 20 years (going into next season)

I feel like EFC's inability (stubbornness) to be honest about the state of their list and try embrace a through and comprehensive rebuild (like Hawthorn have under Mitchell) is a factor.

I don't see any of Essendon's off season recruits (or current kids/youth) pushing the needle enough for the Bombers next season to end their drought, but hey, I am more than happy to be proven wrong.

I see them ending the streak in the next year or two. If we keep making finals every second year, we will eventually get lucky and play an inexperienced gold coast or hawthorn week 1. As appose to the 5th place side going Goldberg on us. However list is still a while off actually contending. Big difference.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back