Toast Essendon Football Club 150 Year Anniversary 1872-2022

Remove this Banner Ad

I hope Dodoro gets an interview. Gee that would upset people.
Over 100 interviews were conducted. It should be really good.

Documentary dates;

The Bombers: Stories Of A Great Club will be available to watch on Fox Footy and Kayo.
  • Episodes 1 & 2 – Oct 19, 7:30pm and 8pm AEST
  • Episodes 3 & 4 – Oct 26, 7:30pm and 8pm AEST
  • Episodes 5 & 6 – Nov 2, 7:30pm and 8pm AEST
  • Episodes 7 & 8 – Nov 9, 7:30pm and 8pm AEDT
Essendon club members will receive a one-month Kayo voucher (new and returning Kayo subscribers) to watch the month-long release of the documentary.

Morning guys,

I don't want to post on the Main board thread because that just descends into the usual partisan banter.

I love football club history - good, bad, funny, rude. A football club is a unique type of institution that can bring people together who would otherwise have nothing in common, and make them lifelong allies - for about 2 hours a weekend. And likewise, life-long enemies (for 2 hours on a weekend) of other people that they have no other beef with (my brother-in-law is a Carlton member! Despite that, he's actually not a bad guy). A history of a club is a small, focussed snapshot of the history of the community it is based in.

I will certainly be looking out for this, and will watch keenly. (I might even find some new ammunition to throw at some bomber mates:cool:).

(Log in to remove this ad.)

At least we're on the rise in our anniversary year.

Who was it a couple of years back who had an absolutely dire season in a significant anniversary year? Might've been the Saints but I can't remember for certain.
Might've been Port Adelaide. They always seem to be having an anniversary year.

Anyone else listen to the ABC interview on the clubs website? Mick Malthouse didn’t miss an opportunity to twist the knife into the players when talking about the drug saga point in history. ‘I don’t want to open old wounds, but….’

At least we're on the rise in our anniversary year.

Who was it a couple of years back who had an absolutely dire season in a significant anniversary year? Might've been the Saints but I can't remember for certain.
Melbourne had a mare for their 150th year anniversary. Finished last and got pumped by over 100 points in their game against Geelong.

Anyone else listen to the ABC interview on the clubs website? Mick Malthouse didn’t miss an opportunity to twist the knife into the players when talking about the drug saga point in history. ‘I don’t want to open old wounds, but….’
There will be a bit of that. It’s unfortunate that the media landscape is still so salty about it that out of 150 years of history they only want to talk about 5 of them.

There will be a bit of that. It’s unfortunate that the media landscape is still so salty about it that out of 150 years of history they only want to talk about 5 of them.
To be fair to them, it's the only thing of relevance that Essendon has 'done' for nigh on 2 decades now. Sad as it is.

Remove this Banner Ad

Back