Essendon Football Club Punishment

Remove this Banner Ad

the 'governance' punishments were for what the AFL believed was doping but couldnt prove. There's no way they would have handed out the harshest penalties in AFL history for poor governance alone

$1 Million and a trip to paris LMAO

$1 Million and a trip to paris LMAO

Jake Carlisle came back from his coke fuelled odessey to Vegas in time to go apeshit for New Years, only to be handed half a million bucks from the Saints and a twelve month extension to his holiday.

Doesnt get much better than that really.

Take your money and go backpacking Jake. Columbia looks good.

I wonder if the former players will now instigate legal action against the club via class action or individual law suits. It's going to a fun ride

Jake Carlisle came back from his coke fuelled odessey to Vegas in time to go apeshit for New Years, only to be handed half a million bucks from the Saints and a twelve month extension to his holiday.

Doesnt get much better than that really.

Take your money and go backpacking Jake. Columbia looks good.

I wish this sort of bad luck happened to me.

Club officials and staff ran this. This occurred under the command and control of the organisation.

The previous penalties were relevant to the lapses, record keeping and governance issues mentioned at the time. We now know the issues were very different and those penalties were inappropriately light.

My concern is that the fans shouldn't be asked to pay for this. The people who did it should bear the sanction.

And you do realise that 34 blokes are lining up to sue your club? Twelve of whom still play for you, including your captain and vice captain.

A dozen players suing the club they play for in response to the club damaging their careers and reputations. Sounds like a healthy environment for a footy club.
oh dear, did you take offence at someone bagging your club? Gosh that must be unpleasant for you

the 'governance' punishments were for what the AFL believed was doping but couldnt prove. There's no way they would have handed out the harshest penalties in AFL history for poor governance alone
Dude, they weren't for 'governance issues alone'. You know that as well as I do. And they weren't for doping either - we all know the AFL has tried to weasel out of any actual doping offence.
The punishments were for the utter shitstorm caused by the poor governance and shady practices carried out by the club.
It wasn't governance alone - it was the damage done to the sport as a result of that governance that they were punished for.

They haven't been penalised one iota by the AFL for doping offences.
It's high time Essendon fans conceded that the AFL has been their biggest supporter throughout this entire saga.

Dude, they weren't for 'governance issues alone'. You know that as well as I do. And they weren't for doping either - we all know the AFL has tried to weasel out of any actual doping offence.
The punishments were for the utter shitstorm caused by the poor governance and shady practices carried out by the club.
It wasn't governance alone - it was the damage done to the sport as a result of that governance that they were punished for.

They haven't been penalised one iota by the AFL for doping offences.
It's high time Essendon fans conceded that the AFL has been their biggest supporter throughout this entire saga.
rubbish. The AFLs punishment was their unoffical punishment for doping, even though they couldnt (or wouldnt) make that finding at the time. I have no doubt the AFL are on Essendon's side, just like how they overlooked tanking from Carlton and Melbourne, and give favourable treatment to Sydney. They want an even competition

rubbish. The AFLs punishment was their unoffical punishment for doping, even though they couldnt (or wouldnt) make that finding at the time. I have no doubt the AFL are on Essendon's side, just like how they overlooked tanking from Carlton and Melbourne, and give favourable treatment to Sydney. They want an even competition
They want a wealthy business, you mean.

(Log in to remove this ad.)

How dare you, you are now allowed more in you salary cap.

Last edited:
True - but you kinda made it sound like they had some nice motive behind their cheating and conning.
we all benefit from a strong competition
How dare you, you are you allowed more in you salary cap.
give it a spell. We will finish bottom while your club barely misses a year of finals due to higher salary cap. Which other team could afford to recruit Tippett and Buddy while being in the top 4?

So it WAS a "we are innocent see the AFL even syas so we copped our right whack for governance only" punishment but NOW it's a doping punishment?

FFS.

You could argue the potential shitstorm of legal action from the effected players that if it comes to pass could leave the club millions more out of pocket might be punishment enough.

If it was Manchester United or Real Madrid that was caught doping their whole list WADA would expect them to be relegated a couple of divisions. And they would be.

so that. 2 years in the magoos.

seriously.

The dons will be suffering for atleast a decade before things look up, punishment enough i think...

Remove this Banner Ad

Back