Stopher

Brownlow Medallist
Jul 19, 2012
Gippsland
AFL Club
Essendon
Other Teams
Liverpool
Just as a general observation, I actually feel a bit for Collingwood (yes, you read that right!) after the bullshit situation in Perth before the final last year and now this crap that extends to the players' families?

If they are that strict to the point of it not even being logical then just say ******* no to them coming in at all.

I get that this is more optics, but I'm getting a bit sick of people worried about how something looks during this pandemic when instead all anyone should care about is them getting things right.

If they are that strict to the point of it not even being logical then just say ******* no to them coming in at all.

I get that this is more optics, but I'm getting a bit sick of people worried about how something looks during this pandemic when instead all anyone should care about is them getting things right.
I think that's why the AFL tried to relocate that game somewhere else, they fixed the rest of the round and that game was left pending for an extra day. Forcing whole families to quarantine (on top of lockdown when they're not supposed to be going anywhere anyway?), and then fly in and fly out is stupidly messy and sets an interesting precedent. Quarantine as distinct from lockdown means they can't leave under the four reasons system, so there's no 'exercise' near home, no 'essential shopping' within 5km from home, no 'care' exemption, no 'vaccine' exemption, and no 'essential working' outside the home? Unless quarantine means something different in SA, I guess.

I can understand the essential worker thing, if their wife/partner/housemate works in aged care or something that would be slightly more risky. But it's still overly harsh imo. It's not like if they weren't in quarantine they'd be at a COVID house party with 300 people.

On 360 last night they were suggesting that next week's Port Adelaide/Geelong game on Thursday night might be all messed up, because they can't fly out after that game (there's no flights...). Being a Thursday they can't really play it too early because then no one can get there anyway, so that game will have to be moved, at least to a different time slot if not a different state.

Jul 29, 2008
Hobart
AFL Club
Tasmania
Other Teams
Bombers, SA Spurs, Browns and Eels
Some talk about Hawthorn vs Essendon possibly being held in Tassie. That would make it 7 interstate games in 13 rounds if it happens.
Came in to say this, heard it this afternoon too.
Last time Essendon played in Tasmania was 1926. I'm incredibly hypey about the prospect.

2 cases false positives.

Open up imho, can't trust the tests.

And which chief medical officer to really believe or which expert. Seems you could ask 10 experts in disease and get 5 different answers. No wonder the public gets confused at times. Is it the most infectious is it not the most infectious ? Is it a beast or is it just the virus ?
I guess the real issue is at all levels we still seem to be making things up on the run and highlights the poor efficiency of government in this country. Too many back room advisors on big coin running the show. Should have known really. We could not even run a program to install pink bats.:eek:

Came in to say this, heard it this afternoon too.
Last time Essendon played in Tasmania was 1926. I'm incredibly hypey about the prospect.
Played Fitzroy in 92

Welp. So this week's game has been moved to the Gold Coast and the next two home games might be up there as well.

CEO says they're working to get our next couple of home games back in Melbourne if possible, but who knows whether that will be possible really..

We understand that this news will be disappointing to many. With so many of you having already redeemed tickets for the game, we were excited to be playing in an away game with a truly home game feel. We are hopeful however that the situation improves, and the impact on our remaining fixtures is minimal.

Please know that the club is working with the AFL and doing everything possible to bring our home games back to Melbourne, and in front of our red & black faithful again, whose passion, loyalty and commitment this season has been incredible and unwavering.

We will keep you constantly informed as the situation evolves and we have further clarity on what impact, if any, it may have on our Round 19 fixture against the Giants.

Last edited:
Aug 21, 2016
AFL Club
Essendon
Welp. So this week's game has been moved to the Gold Coast and the next two home games might be up there as well.

CEO sent out an email to members, they're working to get our next couple of home games back in Melbourne if possible, but who knows whether that will be possible really..
I reckon the swans game if a chance to stay in Melbourne depending on what plays out in the next week. Giants game next to no chance.

I suspect it will be 3 weeks away , maybe 4. It is going to take a minimum 2 weeks to get the numbers back to no community spread. I could see them moving the GC game forward as well making it 4 weeks away.

Looks like the whole team was flown to the Gold Coast.

Francis, Brand, McGrath, Caldwell, Clarke, Hurley all pictured at training at Metricon.

Guess they’re expecting hubs to last a while, and there’s no VFL here so no incentive to leave a few blokes behind.

Back