General Bombers Talk Essendon Football related COVID-19

Remove this Banner Ad

All the Mckenna drama has re-emphasised my belief that too many Australian's are cruel and uncompassionate which could probably could be applied world-wide - And I worry about the sudden surge in interest in such causes as BSM and the like, when many who support these causes lead far from perfect lives.

herald sun headline 40 minutes ago I can’t read the full thing sorry
5 players herald sun Facebook post says
“ESSENDON PLAYERS SENT INTO QUARANTINE
Essendon’s clash against Carlton will go ahead but with some Bombers unavailable after they were ordered into quarantine by Victorian health athorities late on Monday night.“ 437F7CD9-9C78-4F8A-9B3C-06585ADEFE40.jpeg

Need SA QLD WA hubs next grouping. As an example going on the fixture listed to Round 5 assuming it stays rounds 6-10 would be:

WA: WCE, FREO, GWS GIANTS, SWANS, SAINTS, CARL

SA: PORT, ADEL, COLL, MELB, KANGAS, HAWKS

QLD: BRIS, GC SUNS, GEEL, ESS, RICH, BULLDOGS

They should also do a split round 6 to start to do the catch up:
Q Clash, WA Derby, Battle of the Bridge, Port v Collingwood and the Bombers v Demons game (played wherever) SPLIT WEEK ONE
Saints v Blues, Crows v Hawks, Demons v Roos, Richmond v Geelong and Bombers v Dogs SPLIT WEEK TWO

Essendon’s clash against Carlton will go ahead but with some Bombers unavailable after they were ordered into quarantine by Victorian health athorities late on Monday night.“View attachment 897771

Herald Sun running hard with this. Seems definitive.

Does anyone know which players they’ve named in the article?

I liked how Caro said she knew who the quarantined players are, then said “There’s 4 or 5 of them”.

If she knew, she would be able to give us a definitive number right?

I liked how Caro said she knew who the quarantined players are, then said “There’s 4 or 5 of them”.

HS article said ‘about’

(Log in to remove this ad.)

AFL media is just losing credibility more and more each week. They claim to know stuff, but are just getting caught out making stories up that are not true and getting found out as gossip mongers.

I searched and could not find an Essendon specific football COVID-19 thread and given the weekend's events I thought I may as well create one.

To say I'm somewhat peeved at the club and to a lesser extend Connor is an understatement. Why am I more annoyed at the club? The following snippets from published articles:

the league strongly advised clubs not to divide the team up into forwards, backs and midfielders when deciding the composition of their small groups, in case they were to have one entire line wiped out by quarantine.

"The AFL is not considering postponing the entire round, but the Essendon-Carlton game remains in doubt.

The AFL's view is that the small training groups were designed for this contingency, so that if a player tested positive they could limit the number of others potentially affected. If a small group was all put in quarantine, the league said it would be akin to a group of players getting gastro and the game going ahead.

It is also the reason the league strongly advised clubs not to divide the team up into forwards, backs and midfielders
when deciding the composition of their small groups, in case they were to have one entire line wiped out by quarantine.

The clubs were initially told to divide players into small groups of eight but that was later increased to nine."

So, don't group forwards, backs and mid together was the advice, which seems pretty sensible to mean. I mean I'm not a rocket scientist but even I can see that losing an entire group to isolation *might* cause a team some slight inconvenience.

But of course we ignored this

"The fact the AFL will need to reschedule at least one Essendon match – yesterday’s postponed game against Melbourne – and possibly more, has added an extra layer of complexity onto the already vexed nature of the redrawn 2020 fixture.

But instead of the matches being rescheduled, the Dons could be forced to go in without McKenna as well as Adam Saad, Cale Hooker, Michael Hurley, Matt Guelfi, Jordan Ridley and Mason Redman, all of whom have been in the Irishman’s small training group, if they are deemed to be ‘‘close contacts’’ of McKenna."

So, despite advice to the contrary we grouped the following players together:

Connor Mckenna
Adam Saad
Cale Hooker
Michael Hurley
Matt Guelfi
Jordan Ridley
Mason Redman

Even if the plan was to play Mckenna forward WHY WHY WHY would we have the rest of those players in ONE group? It defies belief that we can be so poorly run so soon after the ASAGA, it’s as though we’ve learned nothing. I had hoped that we might have started to become more professional but this has me questioning that.
Do we still count as poorly run if none of the other guys in the same group got close enough to count as a close contact? 😊

Looks like we’re doing pretty well at social distancing tbh. Now I just want to know how Stewart managed to tackle McKenna....

Essendon’s clash against Carlton will go ahead but with some Bombers unavailable after they were ordered into quarantine by Victorian health athorities late on Monday night.“View attachment 897771

Aaand fart noise

Do we still count as poorly run if none of the other guys in the same group got close enough to count as a close contact? 😊

Looks like we’re doing pretty well at social distancing tbh. Now I just want to know how Stewart managed to tackle McKenna....

Given the precautions taken during the weights session it seems we are doing better than I thought ;)

Well according to the health department we had impeccable records for them to go from and we did not break any AFL rules as far as training goes.
Lot of uninformed opinions to be seen here .......

AFL media is just losing credibility more and more each week. They claim to know stuff, but are just getting caught out making stories up that are not true and getting found out as gossip mongers.
Like this thread😜

Well according to the health department we had impeccable records for them to go from and we did not break any AFL rules as far as training goes.
Lot of uninformed opinions to be seen here .......
Will not make the news for the media clowns who only report the sensational

Remove this Banner Ad

Back